Robert Kubica

Well Renault's Eric Boullier is still waiting for Kubica, a driver who hasn't shown up to any of the F1 races or has been reached by the press. Boullier claims that Kubica has been driving road cars, but still hasn't stepped into a race car. He's due for a test in the Renault simulator at some point this month (or was it last month). I hope he doesn't lose his speed like Massa did.

Oh noes, someone who's recovering from a terrible incident and working with his physicians everyday to return to racing isn't flying all over the world just so people can see his face on TV. What a terrible thing.

Oh noes, someone who's recovering from a terrible incident and working with his physicians everyday to return to racing isn't flying all over the world just so people can see his face on TV. What a terrible thing.

I think the point he's making is that Kubica is showing no involvement.
He wants a race seat to be ready for him ASAP, but he's not doing anything to be around the team or to stay in touch with F1.

If you think back to late 2009, Massa was on the pit wall for the Brazilian GP and possibly others too, despite not being fit to race again yet.

This reminds me of Schumacher when he broke his leg. He was very keen to be around the team ASAP and I think that helps a great deal. That's also a pretty serious injury and he didn't lose any speed as a result. In fact he won the championship the year after. Perhaps it affects different drivers differently.

If Kubica wants a race seat when he's fit, he needs to be around his team now.

Kub's injuries are a lot worse than the broken leg MSC suffered from. When Robert really has damaged nerves and has no good control of his fingers his F1 days will be over

Well with Petrov's outspoken burst this week against the Renault team, there may be 2 seats up for grabs next season.
Renault could go from having 4 drivers to just 1 healthy and 1 that's not raced in over a year.

Humm... I prefer to see Grosjean than Petrov, Petrov have never won the GP2. And for his first time in F1, Grosjean, if do not stay on track during race, he can do the same time as Alonso. Petrov can follow Kubica. The best for Renault will be Kubica/Grosjean IMO

Mark, stop reading the Daily Star. That was published on F1 Fanatic the other day, and is based on absolutely f- all just to sell the paper.
As for Kubica to Alonso GP in 2013, that has a snowflake's chance in hell of happening. Without his accident, in theory, yes! Massa is crap now thanks to a combination of physical damage from the infamous spring and psychological nuking from Alonso, so I doubt that his contract will be renewed. Now that Bobby K is off the cards, possibly Perez? Saying that, I don't think anyone will want to go to Alonso GP until 2017, when his contract is up, unless of course they are immune to psychological damage, possibly someone like Schumacher.

Perez to Ferrari and Bianchi to Sauber in 2013.

I have the feeling Perez is lined up for Ferrari, it's got a lot to do with Fiat selling cars in south America, but then why wouldn't they stick with Massa?, he been driving quite well recently!

I'd be supprised, and very pleased if Robert makes it back

Mark, stop reading the Daily Star. That was published on F1 Fanatic the other day, and is based on absolutely f- all just to sell the paper.
As for Kubica to Alonso GP in 2013, that has a snowflake's chance in hell of happening. Without his accident, in theory, yes! Massa is crap now thanks to a combination of physical damage from the infamous spring and psychological nuking from Alonso, so I doubt that his contract will be renewed. Now that Bobby K is off the cards, possibly Perez? Saying that, I don't think anyone will want to go to Alonso GP until 2017, when his contract is up, unless of course they are immune to psychological damage, possibly someone like Schumacher.
er, actually mate, its based on my own opinion from many years of watching f1, and seeing trends before drivers move home.
i also saw the article you talk of and took as a joke (as intended). but thanks for the advice on not reading the star, i'l be sure to give it some future consideration.
*and other than that its obviously going to be rosberg. duh how come you hadn't considered that f1 supremo. (you not rosberg)

Its very clear that Ferrari are lining up future drivers.
Stefano Dominicali has said numerous times that he wants to establish an experienced driver/young driver combo.
Effectively meaning Alonso + someone like Perez or Bianchi.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ferrari 'funded' a seat for Bianchi at Sauber or somewhere else in the same way that Red Bull funded Ricciardo's seat at HRT to get him race experience.

Yeh pretty much.
I just think the only place you're going to find such a personality is with the younger drivers that haven't tasted much, if any success in an F1 car. I think that's why they're grooming Perez.

Robert Kubica has reportedly fractured his tibia after he slipped and fell on some ice in Northern Italy, the country's media has reported.
Kubica, who just under a year ago was involved in a horiffic accident during the Ronde di Andora rally, had hoped to compete in the latter stages of the 2012 season after missing out on all 19 races in 2011, however this latest injury will be a further setback for the Pole.
Following his fall on an icy road in Pietrasanta, the 27-year-old was reportedly taken to Viareggio hospital for x-rays on his right leg and foot before being transferred, at request, to the Pietra Ligure hospital which oversaw his recovery following his rally crash of which he is still undergoing rehabilitation.
Whilst unconfirmed, it's believed the fall has reopened his recently healed fracture on his right tibia bone, sustained originally as a result of his February crash. If accurate, the injury will add a handful of weeks on top of his already lengthly recovery process.

http://www.totalf1.com/details/view/404104/Kubica_breaks_leg_after_falling_on_ice/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back