Robert Kubica

Last update on the dutch F1 site is that the doctors don't know if his hand will fully recover but they say that if the function of his hand will recover it will at least take a year. So that means that my favorite F1 driver will not see any action in 2011. I wish him well and I hope we will see him again behind the wheel of an F1 car.

Man... I'm very sad to read this news.

He's one of my favorite F1 drivers at the moment, and has full potential to be a F1 champ one day... I just hope he gets well soon, and to see him on a F1 car, never mind if it's in 2012, 2013 or 2020.

hope he can drive again he was driving well in pre season tests but who will replace him renalt lotus has two reserve drivers (senna and grosjean)

Senna is the No.1 reserve driver for them. So I expect him. (and he would be the best choice even after his horrible start in F1 last year, at least he raced last year)

I hope as well that Kubica can return someday! He's certainly one of the best drivers in F1.

Very very sad day for my country, myself and F1. He is the rare bread of toughness, skill and love for the speed and thats what will get him through this, and back in a car where he belongs. What a loss for 2011 session & all of us, life really should give the kid a break, what a luck.........................................

It's thrilling how close there was to even more serious iniuries. Just look how the barrier broke through the car, where it went in and where it went out.
This F1 season is for sure lost for Kubica. Hopefully - only this season. I don't allow any thoughts of he's not coming back to racing in F1... It would take long time to see another polish race driver in F1.

I'm terribly sorry to hear this as everyone else, but part of me also can't believe that the teams let their drivers partake in these off-season activities that potentially put the team's season at risk.

Valentino Rossi's 2010 season was essentially ruined by his motocross accident before the season. Even right now during 2011 testing he's complaining about the same shoulder. Now it's Kubica. Serious money is invested in these guys and they're impossible to replace.

Terrible news. Such a shame as he had 'champion' material written all over him. Hopefully he will make a full recovery and return in 2012 but its not looking great.

Get well soon RK!

Here an embedded video (james already posted it, but only the link) of the car behind Kubica

Really narrow stage, high risk of getting a big accident if something goes wrong.

Hope Kubica gets well. Will probably take a long time before he hopefully can return to motorsport.

Aww man, at about 3:35 in the video you can se the guard rail sticking out of the back end of Kubicas car, It's amasing they don't have more protection in the front and bottom of these cars, I just hope Kubica will recover and get back to F1!!

Now this is some scary picture.

kubica3.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back