Wanted RIFT S wanted.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Looking for a mint Rift S in the UK if anyone has one for sale. Will be my first foray into VR. Loads on ebay but I don't trust sellers on there.

Thanks
Andy

Depends on your budget too....and I'd factor in the price of a spare displayport/usb cable into the mix. I've seen them go for anywhere between 100-280 quid and tha display port cable for £80-90.

I have my old Rift CV1 still knocking around (in orginal boxes etc)

The Rift CV1 uses a dual-OLED display setup with a 2160x1440 resolution and 90 Hz refresh rate (via HDMI cable)... but has external cameras

The Rift S brings a single LCD display with 2650x1440 resolution and 80 Hz refresh rate (via Dport)... but has internal cameras.

It depends what you are after but even if you are not interested in mine, the Rift Cv1 is a cheaper option with debatable better display (Oled v LCD) (2160 v 2650) (90hz vs 80Hz)

What’s your pc specs?
My PC specs are in my sig. 13th Gen I5-13600KF, 64gb Corsair RGP Pro 3600 DDR4 ram, 2TB NVME m2 dive as simulator drive. RTX3080 10GB. Gigabyte B660M AX WIFI MB. etc etc. Will this be ok for the RIFT S?

Last edited:
I have my old Rift CV1 still knocking around (in orginal boxes etc)

The Rift CV1 uses a dual-OLED display setup with a 2160x1440 resolution and 90 Hz refresh rate (via HDMI cable)... but has external cameras

The Rift S brings a single LCD display with 2650x1440 resolution and 80 Hz refresh rate (via Dport)... but has internal cameras.

It depends what you are after but even if you are not interested in mine, the Rift Cv1 is a cheaper option with debatable better display (Oled v LCD) (2160 v 2650) (90hz vs 80Hz)
Not really interested in the old CV1 but thanks for the offer.

Depends on your budget too....and I'd factor in the price of a spare displayport/usb cable into the mix. I've seen them go for anywhere between 100-280 quid and tha display port cable for £80-90.
Doesn't the RIFT S come with a cable?

Having done a bit of research into these RIFT S's I have decided not to bother with one due to the fact that you can't get replacement cables if they go faulty. Maybe save up for a Meta Quest 2?

Having done a bit of research into these RIFT S's I have decided not to bother with one due to the fact that you can't get replacement cables if they go faulty. Maybe save up for a Meta Quest 2?
quest 2 is a good option (especially as they're dropping the price) if you're not just using it for seated experiences it's pretty good. Issue is it's got video compression artefacting even over the link cable. Which is fine if you can handle the loss of fidelity there. I've got a reverb G2 (which is also being discontinued) it's got great clarity, smaller than average sweet spot though and the tracking volume is a tad small. You could look at a pico link 3 (displayport over usb c) or the pico 4 (wireless PCVR and bigger FOV). All have pros and cons to them, it's a case of what you'll use them for. If you're just doing seated stuff, you might find the rift S will last you a long time as the strain on the cable will be minimal in use. I still have my rift s and it still surprises me what it looks like even when you take into account of the smaller FOV. I'd say jot down what you really want to use the headset for and match it to a headset on the market and see if your budgeet will stretch to a newer one

quest 2 is a good option (especially as they're dropping the price) if you're not just using it for seated experiences it's pretty good. Issue is it's got video compression artefacting even over the link cable. Which is fine if you can handle the loss of fidelity there. I've got a reverb G2 (which is also being discontinued) it's got great clarity, smaller than average sweet spot though and the tracking volume is a tad small. You could look at a pico link 3 (displayport over usb c) or the pico 4 (wireless PCVR and bigger FOV). All have pros and cons to them, it's a case of what you'll use them for. If you're just doing seated stuff, you might find the rift S will last you a long time as the strain on the cable will be minimal in use. I still have my rift s and it still surprises me what it looks like even when you take into account of the smaller FOV. I'd say jot down what you really want to use the headset for and match it to a headset on the market and see if your budgeet will stretch to a newer one
I would only ever use a VR headset for race sims and flight sims. :thumbsup:

I would only ever use a VR headset for race sims and flight sims. :thumbsup:
Dude u wanna get the reverb g2 solid piece of kit and your specs are good enough for it with open xr. Like 3006x3002 resolution. It Blows the rift/rift s/quest 2 outta the water. Both flight and race sims mostly bypass steam vr to use open xr now for free performance. I’d look out for a second hand one (I believe there’s one for sale on this section that hasn’t been marked as sold) failing that even at 600 it’s worth it brand new but I’m hardcore. Issues to look out for if buying the v1 make sure it’s had the cable changed to the v2 cable. If it’s the v1 or v2 then try before u or at least make sure it’s in warranty then U can change the cable as warranty is transferable with the sale. Forget about the quest 2 I owned it for a week and half it’s trash in comparison (coming from a rift s I was disappointed lol). Controllers won’t be a must if only using sims like u say as it can all be set up by mouse in the wmr settings and home environment. Any more questions please ask. There are other options but for the money the g2 is excellent. The newer headsets coming now are considerably north of 1k. Worth noting this will be hp’s last vr headset and u could also look for the g1 as it’s not that far behind the g2 and some users would argue it’s better so I leave u with my experiences and this info.

Last edited:
Actually having looked into VR and done a bit more research I don't think I'll bother at all yet. I will wait another 5 years and see what technology brings. I'm happy enough with my Odyssey G9.
Thanks all for your advice.
:thumbsup:

Actually having looked into VR and done a bit more research I don't think I'll bother at all yet. I will wait another 5 years and see what technology brings. I'm happy enough with my Odyssey G9.
Thanks all for your advice.
:thumbsup:
Let’s get him boys… haha

I can see why, maybe add track ir or similar?

Let’s get him boys… haha

I can see why, maybe add track ir or similar?
I do use TrakIR 5. Not much for my race sims but I do for DCS and IL2 etc.
So my need or want for VR has now gone. You guys have put me off to be honest.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea