Rfactor2 Test Season : Calender and General Discussion

server 1 is seans server now, server 2 is mine, i had some problems with mine so sean will be hosting tonight, we'll sort it all out soon but there should always be 1 server up with everything needed on mediafire.

cyas in a couple hours :)

edit: sooner than i thought lol an hour

edit2: if anyone is having problems autoupdating through the client (i did, failed on c+ or somthing) then download the build 660 lite version and instal it over the top of your currant instal, works fine after :thumbsup:

Last edited:
yup the default weather for sepang in the dedi launcher has it change from sunny to light cloud to overcast but without rain, just need to watch when setting the server what the sessions are set to, was a fairly decent transition though not all of a sudden so the eyes had time to adjust.

but daniel hacking your pc is a good shout, he just cant stay away from the weather that guy :roflmao:

Agreed, watching the clouds roll in, I thought we were getting rain. Got pretty nervous at the end there, as I was worried my first ever wet laps in this car would be during a race from 2nd place!

Did anyone else have everything turn a slightly blue hue for one lap near the end? I thought something had gone wrong on my monitor until it was back to normal about 2 minutes later.

Anyway, was certainly an enjoyable evening, and I'm getting more and more confident in this 0 stop strategy. It seems to work really well, and if I could find a few more tenths per lap in raw pace, I could have averaged out in 1st. :) One of these days :D

Mines flickered from bright to dark just before double right apex after the shadows had moved away a couple of times but other than just noticed slight darker as clouds rolled in.

I think a race with changing random weather with the clouds and way it looks will be quite a buzz when we get there.

I need to practice diligently for some years to come closer to the competetive lap times:thumbsup: I changed tires a couple of times. The lockups made front tires go off fast. When FL were about 60% I went in and took some new ones. The car was too hard to handle with worn front rubber.
With my setup and high downforce aero. New tires=oversteer. Worn=understeer. I have tried one of David's setups but I'm not capable of doing it justice.

The changing light conditions were quite lifelike. Did you see the murky shadows of your car in the twisting portion on the way down to the back straight? I discovered them at the end of the race. Looked like the sun was low.

Ye Valter I have found same as you in the past however it is possible to push tires to lower than even 20% and in racing circumstances it may need to go that low.:thumbsup:

Also I found Davids setups extremely tricky to drive, under conflicted advise I refused to listen to David, I eventually gave in and lowered accel sensitivity from linear 100% which I stubbornly was using. I found it really easy to drive his setup once I lowered this value to a non linear everyone says is wrong number 25% :coffee:, I found it easy to drive and was a lot faster.

I agree though the weather lighting conditions were emense, I see in future a changeable weather race where everyone's heart is pounding as Daniels plan proceeded as expected as the clouds roll in.:notworthy:

ps. Bahrain and Silverstone servers up :thumbsup:

100% Agreed Sean on being able to drive the tires down really far. I've gone as far as 35% before and still been fine for grip. :) Though as is well established, I'm a wuss in terms of pushing my tires, and I attribute that to being the main reason I'm so much further off the lead pace in the F3000.

Though, question. Those of you who stopped once, do you think you could run a 2 stop race if we had 2x tire wear? We'd see similar pit strategies to the F3000 if we did that, I'm sure. Certainly from me anyway. :p

One thing I know is if it was x2 I would deffo need to do a 2 stop race lol, maybe even if we didn't have a pitlane speed limit a 2 stop would be faster with 1x also.
Obviously rf2 is more difficult pits as theres no ghost car but I think general the speed limit is there to stop accidents with people in real life and our only safety concern would be each other.

Yeah, I'd say the risk of DNFs is enough to suggest we keep the pit lane speed limit. Especially as one thing which is usually reflected in rF2 is most of the pit lane surface isn't asphalt, it's concrete. I can't recall whether it's easier to clean oil/fuel off it, or they're less detrimental to concrete than asphalt. But it's definitely less grippy, making stopping distances longer. Doesn't matter how quick you react. :p

Plus, the original reason for no speed limit in Presto is the 20+ second tire changes in R07, which isn't necessarily the case in rF2. We could even tweak the tire change times in the cars.

I also think there's small advantages/disadvantages in where your grid box is in regular Presto right now, especially at tracks like Bahrain where you don't need to slow down at the entrance or exit. People who have a late pit box can stay flat out for longer, carrying their speed in further. But that doesn't work when you have to slow for a speed limiter.

Yes the more realistic pits in rf2 makes different strategy's work anyway, a 2 stop with refuelling may also worked with 1x tire wear. It's a pity there are problems with the fr3.5 and refuelling but something we can maybe do, carstats site has refuelling times etc so dunno.

I think the advantage in pit box with race07 is if u can slow keeping limiter on into box, if you have a box further down I think makes it more difficult for stopping perfect. I had a 'brake before line box' in Bahrain and tend to prefer this to a further down box.

Hi Guys,
I have done a bit of testing today at Bahrain , the track is very nice to drive but feels very slippery - lots lock-ups as usual :whistling:... I played a bit with the default setup and with my slow driving I could do 1:49 , I believe I could go a bit faster with more rubber on track ..

it is really annoying when you have to spend the first 100 laps just laying rubber on track before you can start feeling where the real grip is to be able to do some adjustments . :O_o:

cheers :thumbsup:

Attachments

• ANT-BAH.svm
    4.2 KB · Views: 261

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back