rFactor Setups (Merged)

thanks Marcel for that.. I used the early excel version of this ages ago forgot all about it...

I think I've overindulged myself with information on how to set up a car and read telemetry that my head is still spinning... Can't quite nail it down. It's one area I'm absolutely hopeless at..
Got a couple of must read books I'm told can help a lot to understand better... I've got a long road to go....

*EDIT*
hmmmmmm... I don't get it.... Tried using the R2P tool for the V8's. ( for about 3 hours )
It had me set my front camber angle down to -0.5 degrees before it said the camber was OK.
I thought the V8's used around -6.0 degrees of camber on the front. It sure as hell drives better with this much camber....

anyway I did what it said cause it's there to help but then, it tells me to take off a full degree of camber and add two to caster....WTF...
It was already driving like a one legged Norwegian prostitute on a push bike and now they were asking me to cut off the other leg....why??

Is this "tool" more a subjective thing or is it no good for anything other than Open wheelers??
I am totally lost......
I'll be banging my head on my desk until I'm unconscious or help arrives......

Shannon,

Typically, I've driven a circuit [100s of laps] until I've reached a base line in consistancy [know the circuit] and think I know the best racing line on all the corners using the Default setup provided.

Then I've gone into the setups and made small changes and returned to track for another 5 laps to test.
So in and out of the garage for the whole evening .... weekend even ... but I've learned some stuff I think [at least for me] and it's horses for courses I suppose.

I also use forum posted setups for comparision and when I find a good one [ as in an improvement on what I have] I incorporate it and I work to fine tune that.

I use motec to compare laps [speed carried through the corner etc] and focus mostly on my weak points ... eg. Zandvoort turns 10 & 11 in a DTM 2010 car.

Patience, testing, practice, good luck and success!

I think this one is better now, although it consumes far more fuel, a full tank won't run for an hour at an average of 1.59 per lap! best lap is 1.57 in qualifying...

Attachments

• Corvette Sebring.svm
    3.6 KB · Views: 317
  • Corvette Sebring Q.svm
    3.6 KB · Views: 326

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 49 87.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 19 33.9%