[rFactor-MotecAdd][DirectX-Version] Real time telemetry for rFactor 1255

Hi Folks,
Hoping you can help...

It appears that my MotecAdd server for rFactor (version 0.4.0.1) is timing out looking for "Local RacerName" and "RacerName / Slot". It finds the game process OK. I started the server as administrator (XP SP3). I'm trying to run the Historics mod for rFactor. In-game I see the red text saying that DX has connected to the server, but the text stays red and nothing is displayed.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
Steve.

Hello,
Did you install the last patch 1255?
http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=downloads

MotecAdd is EXE dependent, you must use the original "rFactor.exe" 1255. (not the version 1250 or "NO-DVD" exe).

I don't think that the anti-virus is at the origin of the problem because the connection work correctly.
Alek.

hello

If you have the good EXE, motecadd will find the local driver name without problem.

But if it doesn't find the driver name in the slots it is because you enter a server which authorizes too much drivers simultaneously (for example a server for 100 drivers…), note that motecadd scan only 72 slots, divided with the visitors… (36+36).

The dedicated server rFactor doesn't work like the others (simbin), it doesn't set the index of the slots to zero when the server is empty. Thus if the server is started to receive 100 drivers, the index return to zero when the hundredth+1 drivers enter since server start, but not before…

I suppose that all work well with the others mods or in other dedicated server?

I'm beggining to think the problem is specific tothe historics mod.

Hi,
Historic mod just installed and tested.
MotecAdd work fine (FX, DX, Dualview).

Attachments

• Historic-mod_OK.jpg
    Historic-mod_OK.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 475
Hi. I have a freshly installed rFactor + 2 mods (ClioCup + LeMans). I want to run DX, but I've encountered problems. The server starts, the client connects to the server, but it doesn't find a Local RacerName. In-game it says it connected to the server but nothing happens.

I have DX9.0c, I run the server as an Admin, I have copied the d3d9.dll into my rFactor folder, after launching a file called RF1255_MotecAdd_DX_Config.ini is created.

A BUG Report has been created in my rFactor folder:
Code:
date/time         : 2010-04-06, 18:27:25, 316ms
computer name     : BURIS_PC
user name         : B_U_R_I <admin>
registered owner  : Microsoft / Microsoft
operating system  : Windows 7 x64 build 7600
system language   : Slovenian
system up time    : 11 hours 25 minutes
program up time   : 10 minutes 3 seconds
processors        : 2x Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6320 @ 1.86GHz
physical memory   : 2150/4095 MB (free/total)
free disk space   : (C:) 32,90 GB (D:) 17,25 GB
display mode      : 1920x1080, 32 bit
process id        : $1108
allocated memory  : 187,75 MB
executable        : rFactor.exe
current module    : d3d9.dll
module date/time  : 2010-03-17 15:50
version           : 0.4.0.3
compiled with     : BCB 2006/07
madExcept version : 3.0l
callstack crc     : $6ac51655, $00b1689b, $00b1689b
exception number  : 1
exception class   : EAccessViolation
exception message : Violation d'acces a l'adresse 6AC51655 dans le module 'atiumdva.dll'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000004.

main thread ($10e4):
6ac51655 +000 atiumdva.dll
00f26bac +010 d3d9.dll     System         320 +0 @IntfClear
00fcdaf2 +022 d3d9.dll     Unit_RF1255_DX        Finalization
00f24cc1 +039 d3d9.dll     System         320 +0 FinalizeUnits
00f6f100 +054 d3d9.dll     madExcept             InterceptFinalizeUnits
00f24fde +056 d3d9.dll     System         320 +0 @Halt0
00f272f0 +040 d3d9.dll     SysInit               @InitLib
00fcf82f +00b d3d9.dll     d3d9            86 +0 initialization
77b7dcdd +13c ntdll.dll                          LdrShutdownProcess
77b7db7f +06f ntdll.dll                          RtlExitUserProcess
75f5735d +00f kernel32.dll                       ExitProcess
75f53675 +010 kernel32.dll                       BaseThreadInitThunk

disassembling:
00f26b9c     public System.@IntfClear:        ; function entry point
00f26b9c 320   mov     edx, [eax]
00f26b9e       test    edx, edx
00f26ba0       jz      loc_f26bb0
00f26ba2       mov     dword ptr [eax], 0
00f26ba8       push    eax
00f26ba9       push    edx
00f26baa       mov     eax, [edx]
00f26bac     > call    dword ptr [eax+8]
00f26baf       pop     eax
00f26bb0       ret

Help?

hello

The bug-report file contents is common on all installations, it is generated when you launch RF-config.exe because the DLL is loaded too, that is not a problem.
Moreover it is the server which doesn't find the local name, therefore in the event of true problem it is the server which generated a bug-report file.

If the server doesn't find the local name it is because:
- You don't use the version 1255 of RF. Attention if you have installed a new rfactor, don't forget to install the last ISI patch...
- Or: maybe that your anti-virus blocks the server ?

In all the cases, if the rfactor.exe is the original version 1255: the server will find the racer name, and the three LEDs will be green as soon as the track is loaded.

[EDIT]
problem solved by email.

Dear all,

I've tried the MotecAdd DX(Trail) for rFactor 1255.
If I run this after installation it works perfectly, but I would like to keep using MapPlugn 1.06 also.
I've read that this should be possible by linking it in the MapPlugin.ini (OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9_dx.dll)
However now my rFactor will not start anymore, without the Mapplugin it starts easily.
Any ideas on this?

How can i get the motecadd for rfactor, and can i buy a motecadd for other? (i mean,) my friend in Brazil want the motecadd but he doesn't have International Credit Card, so can i buy for him?
Hello !
If you have a full license ID26 you can use all MotecAdd in full version (Pack1 ID26, ie: for GTR2/Race07 series/rFactor/GTL). The license unlock the full pack.

For your friend: you can donate for him, but don't forget to send HIS Name, email, and hardware_ID file.

Best regards,
Patrick Teil aka Alekhine.

Redownload moteccadd full pack

Ok! I understood, so i got the motecadd about 4 month ago but i got a problem in the HD and lost all my programs, but my Full license was safe in my mail box, how can i get the motecadd full pack again?

Thank you!
Marcos Resende

Redownload moteccadd full pack

Ok! I understood, so i got the motecadd about 4 month ago but i got a problem in the HD and lost all my programs, but my Full license was safe in my mail box, how can i get the motecadd full pack again?

Thank you!
Marcos Resende

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes