rFactor 2 | Stock Car 2018: V2.14 Update Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have deployed a surprise new update for the 2018 Stock Car model within rFactor 2 - bringing the cars up to version 2.14 release status.

Having been available within the sim for quite some time now, a new update has dropped today for the Stock Car content within rFactor 2. Although not massive in size, the new car build addresses a couple of fundamental aspects of the art of racing these US style cars - with a change in the behaviour while in that all-important draft, and tweaks to rear camber angle.

Studio 397 advise that default setups for the cars will need to be adjusted, and a new rules plugin with associated instructions will be released for the content in the future.

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the simulation? Head over to the RaceDepartment rF2 sub forum and open up a new thread today - let our epic community be your guide!

NASCAR Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I agree that HP wins on a long straight but I was just thinking that the Nurburgring GP circuit wasn’t the best fit for a NASCAR... Too many slow corners where getting that power down would be difficult and the braking would be poor.
Nascar does well @ Watkins Glen in getting it's power down into heavy braking zones: :thumbsup:

Turn 1: Carrying a ton of speed down the straightaway, this is a heavy braking zone in order to get the car slowed down enough to make the right-hand turn.

Inner Loop: The backstretch allows the drivers to gain a ton of momentum, which leads them into another heavy braking zone and into the bus stop, or the inner loop section of the course. Hot on the brakes upon entry.

Last edited:
Ok I wasn’t dissing NASCAR, actually think they are pretty cool and I’ve seen a few demos at Goodwood. But horses for courses right? On a smaller track I think GT3 cars would dominate.
Obviously on a longer circuit they wouldn’t.

Nascar has multiple brake systems. At the mid sized ovals where they never brake except to pit, they have very small brakes. Road Course and Super Speedway brakes are big enough to melt interior chassis components. Fans (hush about ground effects) are necessary to cool them.

Why does rF2 look so much better is press and user screenshots than it does on my system. Game has this weird blue\green hue on my system that keeps me from driving it very often. Wish I knew how others got the game to look so good so I could drive it more.

Why does rF2 look so much better is press and user screenshots than it does on my system. Game has this weird blue\green hue on my system that keeps me from driving it very often. Wish I knew how others got the game to look so good so I could drive it more.
They got rid of the turquoise tint in one of the latest big graphic updates that was released after Le Mans virtual. That tint drove me nuts aswell but it's clearly much better now. So if you are still having that issue, there might be an issue somewhere else. Make sure that you let your game rebuild the shaders. In the past I had missing road reflections as there were some updates to the shaders so I got that solved aswell by getting rid of the older shaders and checking the integrity via steam and deleting everything in the cbash folder.

But is there proper Ovals in rF2?
yes, two different groups have created almost all the US ovals.

as far as the graphic changes, rF2 uses a cache system to save data and reduce the long long long load times. That cache can over ride some of the graphic changes, preventing the full benefit. So clearing out the cbash and shaders folders is recomended whenever a car or track or enviromental graphic has changed. Here is a link to a simple batch file that will do the work for you with just one click. remember though, after clearing the cbash and shaders folders, the first time you revisit a track the load time will increase as the new shaders are created and saved.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.