rFactor 2 | Spa-Francorchamps Released

De la Sarthe 08

25RPM
Premium
Apr 7, 2018
Good day to all - I have recently rediscovered the joys of rFactor 2, and really discovered a lot of its strengths. One of them is that the cars give you absolute confidence to drive them fast, they also have tremendous braking capacity. Another aspect is that cars maintain their handling characteristics from practice to races. The only other game that does the same is ACC. Remember, it's my opinion only.

However, I currently experience two detractors from fully enjoying the game. I now select the cars based on a 5 lap race to check in race behaviour - and sometimes the timing in lap system seems to get stuck at lap 3 - then displaying my position to the back of the grid and staying on lap 3.

I also find the AI editor greyed out ( does not turn white ), which means that I cannot select mixed fields and have to stick to one make races only.

Please advise. Kind regards

Reactions: Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist

Paul McCaffrey
Mar 22, 2017
Good day to all - I have recently rediscovered the joys of rFactor 2, and really discovered a lot of its strengths. One of them is that the cars give you absolute confidence to drive them fast, they also have tremendous braking capacity. Another aspect is that cars maintain their handling characteristics from practice to races. The only other game that does the same is ACC. Remember, it's my opinion only.

However, I currently experience two detractors from fully enjoying the game. I now select the cars based on a 5 lap race to check in race behaviour - and sometimes the timing in lap system seems to get stuck at lap 3 - then displaying my position to the back of the grid and staying on lap 3.

I also find the AI editor greyed out ( does not turn white ), which means that I cannot select mixed fields and have to stick to one make races only.

Please advise. Kind regards
Not sure what you mean about laps not recording properly but as for A.I. and choosing cars you want to race against, this should help:

Rixracer

1RPM
Nov 22, 2012
P.S.

Another good thing is how rF2 Ai drop pace later in race but problem there is it happens at a set period no matter how long or short race is so in 5 lap race the Ai will start to drop off near end which obviously they should not
Has anyone found the cure for the AI dying at the end of the race?

Leynad777

500RPM
Premium
Jan 30, 2015
Dirty air affects every aspect, not just switches off the rear diffuser. You will wash out, maybe also a bit more tailhappy, of course, depending on how it is designed but this is not, what happens with rF2 GTE, where your car aero variation switches extremely to the front.
So the car will lose its balance more or less equaly, becoming more nervous, or understeery, depending on what its basic balance was like before, but it will not just lose all its rear downforce by a front aero balance shift at crazy short amounts of time.
Here is a good example of a dirty-air-incident leading to a sudden front- or overall grip-loss, but certainly not oversteer:

He was nailing the apex, so I guess not matter of 'too much speed' through the corner. Also the driver confirmed that it was dirty air in a later interview.

Last edited: