rFactor 2 | Spa-Francorchamps Release Next Week

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed their laserscanned Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is scheduled to release for the rFactor 2 simulation next week...
  • The new track arrives as paid DLC very soon.
  • Laserscanned version of the modern Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
  • DLC pricing yet to be confirmed.

We’ve had the announcement, we've seen a few teaser shots and now we get a new teaser video and release date - the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is heading to rFactor 2 next week!

One of the most community requested circuits for rFactor 2 is heading the way of the simulation this month, adding yet another high profile addition to the quickly growing official track roster within the sim. Set to receive the usual recent Studio 397 treatment for new track releases, we can rest assured this is going to be one very enjoyable and accurate recreation of the Belgian venue - and should please plenty of the community who have been requesting the home of the Belgian Grand Prix make an appearance in modern form within the title.

Stay tuned in the coming days for the full trailer reveal and more information about this exciting new piece of content.

Original Source: rFactor 2 Twitter

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great place to hang out with your fellow fans of the title, discuss the latest news and get advice on how to make the most from your simulation. Join in and start a new thread today!

rF2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Nice info. It would also be worth to mention in an article that Automobilista 2 got a new update yesterday and Nordschleife DLC is already available IMHO.
Racedepartment should be first concerning sim racing news...

Last edited:
Nice info. It would also be worth to mention in an article that Automobilista 2 got a new update yesterday and Nordschleife DLC is already available IMHO.

fear not good sir.

I’m 100% sure it’s coming, ams2 is regularly covered. Don’t forget we’re only a small team and Paul gets everything out as quickly as he possibly can.

:)

Juggling video editing, my lad's Birthday celebrations and keeping enough space between postings not to dump all news at the same time :)

Now... got to try and find some time to get on the rig and test this bad boy :D

Spa is always a welcomed addition to any racing simulation.
I'm sure S397 will do a good job of it.
They have, with all of the parts they've 'touched' since taking over the raw state ISI left behind.
I just wish they would 'pause' after this release, to re-visit and correct much of the still glaring non-track/non-car issues. Many of those have existed since the beginning.
If you drop a wheel off the paved surface, the resulting kick-up still looks a horrible mess.
Smoke from tires looks like cotton balls and not at all life-like.
Rain still looks cartoonish despite an ISI RF2 introductory clip which pre-dates the game's release.
Little things matter to overall immersion.
Folks have asked and asked for way too many years, without any timeline for a fix or even a simple acknowledgement of these things.
launching the sim to try getting into a multiplayer session is almost futile...despite checking the four boxes for compatibility.
While new tracks are good to have, it makes little sense to keep releasing them if folks can't race other folks on them.

Last edited:
As much as I appreciate new content, I am more than bored of the same old Tracks in every bloody Sim.

For crying out loud Devs (all of you, not just S397....ALL of you) give some love to the Australian tracks and no I don't just mean bloody Bathurst (!), there's some quality race circuits in Aus & NZ that are crying out to be loved in a Sim, do them justice and stop with the Rinse & Repeat "iconic" tracks all the time.

There's more to life than Spa, Nords and FFS Silverstone ya know!

/End Rant :p

They endorsed seven NZ race tracks less than a year ago.

There are lots of racetracks in the world. So much that probably no one could name them all. And thats at a present. How many of them were in the past. How many changed a lot. How many are still to be built or existing ones to change... Yet it will always be those few with those few cars, and those few simracers racing them.

As much as I appreciate new content, I am more than bored of the same old Tracks in every bloody Sim.

For crying out loud Devs (all of you, not just S397....ALL of you) give some love to the Australian tracks and no I don't just mean bloody Bathurst (!), there's some quality race circuits in Aus & NZ that are crying out to be loved in a Sim, do them justice and stop with the Rinse & Repeat "iconic" tracks all the time.

There's more to life than Spa, Nords and FFS Silverstone ya know!

/End Rant :p

It is boring but you dont get Sandown,Symmons Plains or anything else in Australia if you dont sell a ton of Spa,Silverstone & Nurburgring DLC.They are the cash cows along with Ferrari & Porsche DLC.

It is boring but you dont get Sandown,Symmons Plains or anything else in Australia if you dont sell a ton of Spa,Silverstone & Nurburgring DLC.They are the cash cows along with Ferrari & Porsche DLC.
Yeah I tend to agree. A sim would likely draw criticism from the other direction if they didn't include the big ticket tracks.

Catch 22 I believe.

For the record I would love to see more aus and nz tracks.

I fully understand the need to make money, but take RF2 as an example with all the Endurance Car Packs, Sebring, Le Mans, Nords already bringing in the funds and now Spa soon to be added (lest not forgetting the Formula-E stuff).
I'd like to see room for every 3rd "Big" track to have a track for elsewhere outside of the Spectrum, this need by the Devs (again speaking to them All not solely S397) to follow the "Pattern" of doing the same as each other is boring to me, only Reiza have broken away from the norm but then just this week they release Nords (again agree to make money that they need).

I'm thankful for whatever we get, always will be and where possible I'll be first in line to buy the DLC, but I would just like to see a shift every once in a while to bring in the lesser known tracks that are just as equally good fun to drive on than those of their more "Iconic" counterparts.

I fully understand the need to make money, but take RF2 as an example with all the Endurance Car Packs, Sebring, Le Mans, Nords already bringing in the funds and now Spa soon to be added (lest not forgetting the Formula-E stuff).
I'd like to see room for every 3rd "Big" track to have a track for elsewhere outside of the Spectrum, this need by the Devs (again speaking to them All not solely S397) to follow the "Pattern" of doing the same as each other is boring to me, only Reiza have broken away from the norm but then just this week they release Nords (again agree to make money that they need).

I'm thankful for whatever we get, always will be and where possible I'll be first in line to buy the DLC, but I would just like to see a shift every once in a while to bring in the lesser known tracks that are just as equally good fun to drive on than those of their more "Iconic" counterparts.
I kind of like this idea.

I also loved the reiza tie up when they shared content. Would love to have seen more come on to rf2 but obviously understand why it didn't.

No not only Reiza. Raceroom has lots of interesting tracks to discover afaik. iRacing is also known for great track selection. There are a lot of older rF2 content of tracks that are much more original option than few top tracks that circulate everywhere, but those fe tracks weren't avilable in legit way untill recently, or next week speaking of SPA. The really kool interesting track that has been released to rF2 this year for free is Portland. By the way, there is also modding, but I dig the point - it doesn't count.

By the way. You do name NZ and Aussie tracks, so it means you want tracks that you are familiar with. So you follow the same pattern. Those few race tracks that gets to be exposed everywhere, are getting such treatment because they are mostly familiar to everybody thats a bit into racing. Would you like some racetracks from Baltic states, do you know where baltic states are without google ? :D

Ok. no one cares, why I participate.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back