RD Series on Simracing.GP

Daily WTCR races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Endurance races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP

rFactor 2 | New Build Update and Diriyah E-Prix DLC Released

RaceNut

Premium
I'll say yes.
I built a new new PC 3 weeks ago to replace my aging 4770k and 980ti combo. One of the things I hoped, was that rF2 would be more stable with newer components.

I was sadly disappointed. It's totally random, I can load exactly the same car/track combo 5 times and it will CTD on 2 of them as soon as I click race. Very frustrating, 2 totally different PC's, same thing happens with both.
If the crashing happens for you with different PC's, there should be evidence of more widespread issues with other PC users as well. If that's the case, you may find solutions from those users.

The one time I had issues with rF2 crashing, it turned out to an issue with my Fanatec Shifter firmware that was the cause (possible corrupted file). I updated that firmware and never had the issue since.

Look for common denominators in your setup. If it happens with different PC's, it may point to other device issues (peripherals, controllers, etc.) being the actual cause (or a contributing factor). It could be solely an rF2 issue but, it may be a combination of factors, perhaps some unique ones in your case.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm very new here and a little confused about this opt in/opt out thing of this new build topic. I just got rFactor2 in February on sale at Steam. I'm not a "modder" I have no intentions of modding any of my games. Is there something I'm supposed to do in my Steam account with regards to rFactor2? Or should i just leave it alone. Thanks!

Hi, I'm very new here and a little confused about this opt in/opt out thing of this new build topic. I just got rFactor2 in February on sale at Steam. I'm not a "modder" I have no intentions of modding any of my games. Is there something I'm supposed to do in my Steam account with regards to rFactor2? Or should i just leave it alone. Thanks!

If you rightclick on the game in steam you could select some options under beta
none/previous stable release/release candidate

If 'none' works fine for you - leave it; if you want to help test future releases - choose one of the other

Without "modding" by yourself, you could subscribe to the work of other modders in the Workshop. Many of them make high quality content that you'll enjoy - especially extra tracks, but don't forget to try some of the incredible cars (like Alpine). There are also official S397 tracks and cars in the Workshop. If you don't like them, just un-subscribe again - no harm done to your game.

Last edited:
If you rightclick on the game in steam you could select some options under beta
none/previous stable release/release candidate

If 'none' works fine for you - leave it; if you want to help test future releases - choose one of the other

Without "modding" by yourself, you could subscribe to the work of other modders. Many of them make high quality content that you'll enjoy - especially extra tracks. If you don't like them, just un-subscribe again - no harm done to your game.

Thanks for the response. I see where you're referring to in Steam. I'll leave it be....not interested in testing.

As for subscribing to other modders work, how do I go about that? I'm sorry I'm such a noob. The last time I raced any games was a long time ago Nascar 2003 and GTR2. I recently bought a new Alienware gaming PC and have started playing ACC, rFactor2, Dirt Rally 2.0, and WRC 8.

1614959410687.png

Click on workshop and start browsing (and subscribing - second click will unsubscribe again)

(Your RF2 page looks different - I customised to a Sebring screen shot)

Last edited:
oh wow....sheesh, right in front of my face. I guess that's what happens when you're working and asking questions on here at the same time :) I will def. check that out. Thanks again for the help!

When you're swimming in the pool and you feel something cool. Diriyah Diriyah

When you're climbing up the ladder and you feel something splatter. Diriyah Diriyah

When you're eating chocolate mousse and your bowels just let loose. Diriyah Diriyah

When you're running down the track and it oozes down your crack. Diriyah Diriyah

When you're running from police and you feel that anal grease. Diriyah Diriyah

When you're hanging with your daughter and you feel that poo poo water.

When you think things just can't get worse and you feel that fountain squirt.

When you're with the one you love and you feel that hot butt mud. Diriyah Diriyah Diriyah

Except for some con tent giving a update error i rarely encountered any problem on many different machines.
A few times i had ro remove a player profile after a major update.
Been running over 1600 hours of rF2.

If the crashing happens for you with different PC's, there should be evidence of more widespread issues with other PC users as well. If that's the case, you may find solutions from those users.

The one time I had issues with rF2 crashing, it turned out to an issue with my Fanatec Shifter firmware that was the cause (possible corrupted file). I updated that firmware and never had the issue since.

Look for common denominators in your setup. If it happens with different PC's, it may point to other device issues (peripherals, controllers, etc.) being the actual cause (or a contributing factor). It could be solely an rF2 issue but, it may be a combination of factors, perhaps some unique ones in your case.

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll look deeper into it as I always assumed it was just quirks with the new UI as I don't remember it happening with the old one.

Shovas

Premium
When you're swimming in the pool and you feel something cool. Diriyah Diriyah

When you're climbing up the ladder and you feel something splatter. Diriyah Diriyah

When you're eating chocolate mousse and your bowels just let loose. Diriyah Diriyah

When you're running down the track and it oozes down your crack. Diriyah Diriyah

When you're running from police and you feel that anal grease. Diriyah Diriyah

When you're hanging with your daughter and you feel that poo poo water.

When you think things just can't get worse and you feel that fountain squirt.

When you're with the one you love and you feel that hot butt mud. Diriyah Diriyah Diriyah

Did AI write this?!

This is disturbing in many different ways.

Good stuff. I don't like the electric cars, but this Diriyah track looks good.
It must be the most detailed E series track to date, with its palm trees
and all, though, as someone said, it is very narrow. How can you overtake
here?

Wait! maybe this track was already done with the Unreal Engine with talk
about since yesterday!

Re installed....Still crashes to desktop. I will certainly stick to F1 2021 and AMS2 from now on. Never any trouble at all...

The TDF thing on dev mode is completely non sense. There are materials which is not intended to be reported in TDF (i.e. non raceable surfaces) and now the game keeps popping useless messages about it when loading a track and sometimes crashing the game. I don't know from where come this sort of idea.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does these FE cars have very very little feedback. On my CSL Elite F1 rim there is just no feeling for the edge of grip, nor is there any ffb really but for an elastic pull. This differs from all other cars and mods on rf2. I get FE is "different" but to this extent?