rFactor 2 | March Development Roadmap & Track Updates

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 published their Development Roadmap for the month of March last night, with hints at a new recently scanned track and plenty of content updates - following up with new track update releases earlier today.
  • New 'AAA' European track in development.
  • Large PBR update to Lime Rock Park upcoming.
  • Several new 'Release Candidate' builds and further beta tests.
Starting out with the Roadmap itself, Studio 397 confirmed their track team have just returned from a European scanning mission for what has been described as a 'AAA' popular race circuit, with development work to bring the new venue into rFactor 2 expected to be completed towards the end of this year.

In other news from the latest posting by the Dutch studio, further insights into the ongoing bug fixing and development improvements have been shared, with several release candidate updates having already been deployed to the software, and more expected to be released over the course of the next four weeks.

In other news, Studio 397 also deployed new updates for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Portland International Raceway and Silverstone Grand Prix circuits within the simulation, as well as new O-Rouge liveries and minor livery updates to a collection of GTE cars, as detailed below:

Silverstone V2.21
  • Fixed: Starter Worker animation under Safety Car.
  • Minor Balance Updates.
  • Fixed: an issue where a camera was blocked by a digital flag.
  • Fixed: some digital flag uvw issues.
  • Fixed: Closed gaps around pit in detection.
  • Fixed: Start Flag Marshal animation under safety car.
  • Fixed: Pit Official animations.

Portland V1.06
  • Fixed: Starter Worker Animation under Safety Car.
  • Fixed: Issue with default mapper at night on No Chicane Layout.
  • Fixed: Pit Official numbering.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway V1.06
  • Fixed: Starter Worker animation under Safety Car
  • Reduced size of curb GP layout T6
  • Fixed: Various Collision Issues
  • Reduced noise on road surface
  • Regenerated all real road rubber profiles

rfactor_2_o-rouge_skins_04.jpg

As for the GTE car updates, the following changes have been applied:

BMW M8 GTE 2018 v2.25
  • Added new O-Rouge livery.
  • Corrected material alignment issue on some skins.
Aston Martin Vantage GTE 2019 v1.71
Porsche 991RSR GTE 2017 v2.61
Corvette C7R GTE 2017 v2.65
  • Added missing windscreen banners.

Original Source: Studio 397.

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusive to PC.

For the latest news, or to find out answers to your most ponded questions, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start up a thread and get involved with the community today!

rfactor_2_o-rouge_skins_02.jpg

Last edited:

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
My guess is AAA refers to the quality, popularity and events it is capable of hosting.
Triple A being the highest rating.

Last edited:
What have they done with the UI? It was working reasonably well until this update, but now it has a white screen when going back to the " home page " from a track/car combination. I rolled back to the last stable version, but the white screen of death is still there. Sweet baby Jesus, how long is it going to be till the UI works properly?
rF2 updates: one step forward, two steps back :)

I revisited this sim & have some new hardware the sim looks really good on the track & is running really well in vr. It's disappointing how poor the UI is though. One of the main frustration with this game was the ability to access the content in a simple way but i think its even worse now than it was before. I find myself going round in circles with it. Why not use meta data to allow us to sort the content ie class, car manufacture, era, etc? Also having the content scroll along the bottom is beyond tedium.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 77 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 115 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 66 16.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 40 9.8%
  • €3001-5000