rFactor 2: First Gen2 Formula E Preview Image Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Formula E 2019.jpg

Studio 397 have revealed the first proper preview image of the upcoming Gen2 Formula E car for rFactor 2, and it sure does look pretty...

Formula E has undergone something of a change and progression for this year, releasing a faster, more durable and infinitely more visually striking car for the new season, and that car could well be part of your virtual garage in rFactor 2 very soon - as Studio 397 look to continue their partnership with the ABB Formula E championship to bring out the latest all electric single seat racing car, expected to become available for the simulation in the very near future.

We've already seen a couple of sneaky peak pictures of the car inserted into various blog posting and social media messages, however today is the very first time we've seen the Formula E car up close in rFactor 2, and judging by the picture at the top of this article, it might not be too far away from a release ready state.

At present we don't know if the car will come alongside a new track or two, as did the original Formula E Energize DLC did back in 2017, but with the category having undertaken a significant change for this season, with or without track this will certainly be a very interesting new piece of officially licenced content for the simulation.

Stay tuned for more information as and when it becomes available...

rFactor 2 is available exclusively to PC via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:

Shovas

Premium
Honest question, not trying to bash, I like rFactor2, but these Formula-E cars...are they taking off with anybody?

I haven't purchased the DLC yet so haven't tried it. Maybe it's fun? I'm just not into the real-life FE at all...no soul in those cars.

I'm kind of confused about the effort and push going into these cars.

Honest question, not trying to bash, I like rFactor2, but these Formula-E cars...are they taking off with anybody?

I haven't purchased the DLC yet so haven't tried it. Maybe it's fun? I'm just not into the real-life FE at all...no soul in those cars.

I can say they are a lot of fun to drive, sound okay not the best but the feeling in these Cars is great.

Awesome. I loved the previous gen in rFactor2, but I am very dissapointed by the lack of tracks. These cars are only in their element on tight street circuits. Driving a Formula E car on the existing fully fledged (permanent) racing tracks it's quite off-putting.

I didn't buy the Formula E pack either. It's just not my cup of tea this Formula. It's just me, but the sound of electric cars in motorsport competitions, doesn't give me the same pathos a traditional engine can give me.
But for sure Studio 397 is doing a very good job on rFactor2 and the picture gives justice to the car.

As someone who has a hearing issue, i mostly have my game sounds at 1% just so i can hear ts or my spotter so engine sounds have never bothered me which is why i enjoy this pack so much more than most racing enthusiasts. Once you get used to it (or play a michael schumacher hotlap video in the background) im sure you would enjoy the pack too.

It will be a 100% instant buy if there are an extra track or tracks alongside it...who am i kidding i'll but it anyway :D
*i know there are some FE track mods in the workshop blah blah blah , i mean official tracks even a none laser scanned but with a good quality!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 83 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 70 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.8%
  • €3001-5000