rFactor 2 | 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 Arrives Wednesday

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have posted a new trailer for the upcoming 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 - heading to rFactor 2 as a free piece of content this coming Wednesday.
  • 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 arrives Wednesday.
  • Car will be free for owners of the original Continental GT3.

rFactor 2 is set to receive another new GT3 specification car later this week, with confirmation that the new style 2020 Bentley Continental GT3 will be added to the simulation, and furthermore, the car is going to be a free content release for players who already own the original Bentley machine.

Should you already own the Bentley GT3, or wish to purchase it in future, the new style car will be added to the simulation at no additional cost - as it comes together with the original car as part of the item offering on the Steam Store.

Bentley_Continental_GT3_2020_10.jpg

Having enjoyed a successful run in GT3 racing already, the improved Continental GT3 should prove to be another competitive car from the British brand - and that sound!

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the simulation? No worries, head over to the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, post a question and let the community help you out!

Bentley_Continental_GT3_2020_13.jpg

Last edited:
When I compare the interior of the ferrari 488 gte in RF2 with the interiors of the gt3 pack, night and day, the ferrari is done well and the interior is lit up to show it off, great detail (for rf2 anyway), the gt3 pack you can spot the facetting all over the dash etc, even in the perfect darkness of a black hole that they have been darkened to, to hide the detail presumably. Id prefer to see the existing cars fixed up to the level of the ferrari rather than new packs.

ferrari
1600724758578.png

720s (but majority of existing gt3 are as dark and murky)
1600724739432.png

Hate to be such a buzzkill but I just cannot be bothered about GT3 cars in any other sim than AC Competizione anymore. When you have one sim that specializes in GT3 cars and delivers them with the kind of fidelity, depth, detail, quality that general-purpose sims cannot hope to get anywhere near to, it just kinda makes the same cars feel redundant in other sims.
But what if you want to drive a GT3 car at Sebring or any number of tracks that ACC doesn't have? I like ACC, I like rF2 and I like RR, oh and I like AC. ACC is great and immersive but once in awhile I want to tool around CTMP (Mosport) my home track.

Btw, as much as I like all the aforementioned and Automobilista 1 and 2, there are things that could stand a bit of improvement in all of them. Like the loading screens in rF2. I selected Le Mans then went off and did my laundry while I waited for it to load. :cry:

Last edited:
Soooo, any risk of these getting any better to drive? (in terms of steering feedback)

Like, not pulling silly-hard to centre under brakes, and actually warning of oversteer with a subtle counter-steer effect (like you get in, you know, real cars). This seems to be an issue in all S397 cars (consequently making all their GT3/Es feel identical).
Agree and since upgrading to a SC2 Pro this oversteer-effect is more than obvious in all sims including pCars 3, but GT3/GTE in rF2 doesn't work for me. Especially on the Nordschleife with all the bump-steer I can't survive 5 laps in one of those cars, mostly not even 2 and part of the problem is the TC not working as it should. When the tyre slips, it should brake the tyre and add understeer, instead the cars going into a slide and any countersteer-action ends in a tank slapper while in other titles the FFB does the trick.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am very much looking forward to tomorrow, from what I've seen on the RF2 discord channel there may be a full revision of all the GT3's on the way. Hope they sort out the way the a.i. drive the Merc so I can include it in full GT3 RS es without them turning full lock all the time and causing spins. And a free car to boot!

Hate to be such a buzzkill but I just cannot be bothered about GT3 cars in any other sim than AC Competizione anymore. When you have one sim that specializes in GT3 cars and delivers them with the kind of fidelity, depth, detail, quality that general-purpose sims cannot hope to get anywhere near to, it just kinda makes the same cars feel redundant in other sims.
Its your right to think so and hold that opinion. GT3 cars in rF2 are more fun to drive in my opinion. Good that we have something for everyone.

rF2 also have GTE huehuehue. :)

You mean that touringcartimes are using a "yearly GTR3 screenshot", attribute that to TCR Denmark and a photographer, and uses it as the picture for the second TCR Denmark event?

Here is the news article, picture etc. It's not from a game... https://www.touringcartimes.com/202...es-pole-position-wins-first-tcr-denmark-race/

EDIT: And because the internet is like it is these days.
dscf0437.jpg

ozRByte.jpg
Oh, I see, I gave them too much credit, it is just a sticker, sorry for the photographer, he made great pictures.

I had to stop playing to make this comment. Who ever made 488 GTE and thisa Bentley - he deserves a pay raise! I just can't stop looking at the interior details. I can feel the fibres of that carbon with my eyes. If this is the quality from now on, I have no problem with paid content. I just wish some of the older cars received the same treatment occasionally.

Agree and since upgrading to a SC2 Pro this oversteer-effect is more than obvious in all sims including pCars 3, but GT3/GTE in rF2 doesn't work for me. Especially on the Nordschleife with all the bump-steer I can't survive 5 laps in one of those cars, mostly not even 2 and part of the problem is the TC not working as it should. When the tyre slips, it should brake the tyre and add understeer, instead the cars going into a slide and any countersteer-action ends in a tank slapper while in other titles the FFB does the trick.
It depends a bit on where you loose traction. No TC on this planet will help you if you carry too much momentum trough a corner. Add to this the fact that the tires don't touch the ground at Nordschleife for quite a big part of the lap due to the bumps, curbs and crests and you will understand why you can't rely on TC alone to cure your issues with oversteer.

It depends a bit on where you loose traction. No TC on this planet will help you if you carry too much momentum trough a corner. Add to this the fact that the tires don't touch the ground at Nordschleife for quite a big part of the lap due to the bumps, curbs and crests and you will understand why you can't rely on TC alone to cure your issues with oversteer.
Only at Sprunghügel GT3-cars will lift off the ground since they use high aero and the most advanced 4-way-dampers available today (a set costs 10k Euro without springs). GT3-drivers are saying, Nordschleife is a very smooth ride with a GT3-car. I don't think the dampers are to blame, but the tyres. In the 2nd lap they already start smearing and make the cars oversteering and unpredictable while modern GT3-slick-tyres are made for running up to 115° C. Power-oversteer incidents became very rare in real GT3-racing compare to 5 years ago, so I assume the TC-systems became so advanced that they are sort of idiot-proof in this regard.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea