rF2 | UI Updates & Other Improvements

avenger82

Krzysztof Maj
Nov 5, 2011
Most of Rf2 official DLCs are GT3 based...comparison is relevant. They try to find the money where it is that's all, now the strategy is failing because of ACC...also the most popular mods from the workshop are GT3 cars , there are only few other categories of cars that are worth the try BTCC, WTCR (paid mod) etc. So it's mainly a GT3 game + few good non GT3 mods + outdated or oldish official contents for me
There are only 2 DLCs with GT3 and only 2 GT3 mods. The rest: Endurance pack, Reiza, karts, Porsche 911 Cup car, BMW M2 cars, Formula E, tracks etc.

also the most popular mods from the workshop are GT3 cars , there are only few other categories of cars that are worth the try BTCC, WTCR (paid mod) "
Well, I'm not that interested in BTCC or WTCR so it means there are no other mods worth to try? No. Even if you limit content to Steam workshop, there are wide variety of mods worth trying. Including Endurance Series, GP3, Super V8, a lot of F1 cars(current and historic) , some road sport cars, historic cars, and a lot of tracks. Yes some are outdated, with old physics, not upgraded to DX11, but still can be fun. Also I like the historic F1 cars made by S397 and latest Tatuus pack. Still, there are many decent mods outside of the Workshop. IMO rF2 has still many issues, but there's no lack of content.

avenger82

Krzysztof Maj
Nov 5, 2011
Rf2 cost 31$ vanilla and you'll need 16$ for the gt3 pack ans zero tracks..
Or buy rf2 and DLCs 50% off on sale. But rF2 has zero tracks? If the ones on Steam workshop are not enough then check internationalsimracing . com . Perhaps you mean has little amount of laser scanned tracks?

Dave Thayer

100RPM
Premium
Mar 31, 2018
Nice that they are doing UI updates, I will still wait till they do a full public release. Sounds too buggy right now and dont want to mess up what works now. No hurry for it for me.

johnnymat

250RPM
Premium
Jan 10, 2010
Geez, looking at some of the comments here, I must be doing something wrong.:) The game runs fine for me and I basically don't have any problems. Does the UI need to be improved? Of course,e it does, but let's not lose sight of the fact that it is a "Beta". Are there other improvements such as AI behavior under full course yellows, and car cockpits that need to be done? Yes, there are. Considering that the FFB and physics are much better, at least for me, I'm going to continue playing and enjoying the game.

johnnymat

250RPM
Premium
Jan 10, 2010
Hi, where can I download the new interfat?
Regards,
Esplomer.
I went into the Steam folder and right-clicked on the game folder and clicked on "properties" and then clicked on "betas" and clicked "public betas". I think that's how I did it.

Reactions: Esplomer

Alex72

1000RPM
Jan 28, 2014
First time i installed rF2 and saw the old menu i was thinking "oh boy this is gonna take a while to get it up and running perfectly". Loaded up Spa '66 and EVE formula. The rest is history because at that moment i realized what level rF2 was on regarding physics and FFB. It was just the best i had felt and the most fun i've had in a car that was alive and had tons of Power around a track that wanted to kill me over and over because its so damn fast and bumpy. :D rF2 and AMS amazed me after coming to them from AC. Loved AC since its earliest EA release but AMS and rF2 was just a big step above with its driving experience. I did however have some issues when trying to go online back then but that is being taken cared of now so thats cool. And sure it has long loading times even on fast SSDs and especially the first time. It has something though that others dont have and that is the driving experience which is why people keep coming back to it. Hopefully S397 will fix some long standing bugs, give us AI that use slipstream.

I have to say also that they managed to improve performance a lot. Triple screen maxed out and my GPU and CPU is farting along calmly, and it looks pretty damn good too on the new tracks. In ACC on low/med my GPU is blowing up even though it looks bad because of the low settings. :D(Im going to test the config tweak here on RD), but im amazed over how much performance S397 managed to give us. Remember how it was before? On triples i had to run on low with almost no visible cars and now i have 30-40 cars in front of me on max graphics and my GPU and CPU is relaxing at around 45C heat. :) Pretty sweet.

Yeah i have a guilty pleasure with rF2. A lot of people bash it and even I myself get angry once in a while but when im on track i understand why i never uninstall it - even though i need the space (ACC = 12GB. My rF2 120GB)! :D