rF2 Hotfix Updates Are Here

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Formula E Porsche Update.jpg

Studio 397 have released a couple of minor updates to rFactor and their 2019/20 'Gen2' Formula E content today.

Nothing major or groundbreaking, the new build for the simulation dropped earlier today and should automatically install the next time players restart their Steam install. Although small in size, the good news is the latest build appears to have addressed one of the more difficult to pin down freezing issues experienced by some players, a problem that apparently only occurs intermittently for certain build installs.

rFactor 2 V1.1115 Notes:
  • Improvements and bug fixing for the newly integrated Steam plugin. This includes a fix for a freeze that would occur at 33 minutes into a session, for some users.
  • Fixed player count in the matchmaker.
It is worth noting that server admins must update all dedicated servers.

Gen2 Formula E update.

As well as dropping the new build for the core software, Studio 397 have also updated their 2019 'Gen2' FIA Formula E content - adding liveries for the new for next season works Porsche team, as well as making minor improvements to the cooling of the cars. You can see the full update notes below:

Gen2 Formula E v1.17 Notes:
  • Added Porsche 2020 liveries
  • Adjustment for slightly more cooling

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Updates AND hot fixes; almost ALL for multiplayer........
Nothing useful anymore for offline.
That's fine, if the game itself would do proper in multiplayer, but that's pretty much dead lately.
The new UI; build for multiplayer (said by S397)........lets hope the online playing gets to life again, but in my opinion; to little, to late!

Anyway; all the latest updates are a big FU from S397 to offline players........

Last edited:
I wish S397 would just put their tire model and FFB model up for sale so Kunos and iRacing could put them to good use. I know that's not how any of this works, that's why I prefaced with "I wish".

Just consider the budgets, s397 if they went down the whole renting model, would be a different story.

Thankfully they deliver incremental updates, based on priorities based on budget.

They did inherit a lot of code, that invariably is a lot harder than starting from scratch.

Everyone jumped up and down for joy when ISI stood aside
Well reap what you sow

You think ISI would have these problems with BOP ? :rolleyes:
lol, Not a Chance Durge, we would never have seen BOP changes from ISI.

I think one of the challenges of introducing BOP is that changes affect/effect(?) the cars differently at different tracks. If you balance the cars for Le Mans, then that could totally upset performance at shorter tracks.
I gave up trying to equalize all the cars at all the tracks for the SCC mod. I focused one set of cars on one fairly normal length track and the Le Mans specific cars on Le Mans. The amount of data used by WEC or IMSA or SRO is probably 10 times that available to S397.
Having given S397 the above support, I feel that BOP adjustments should be equalized between any of the DLC cars that compete together. If they slow down the GTE cars, then the GT3's should also be normalized.

Finally, in league races I used to participate in, that used success ballast only to balance drivers, weight alone was rarely effective. Fast drivers remained fast even with 30+kg on their cars. Weight alone, however, is a good BOP for AI controlled cars, it doesn't take much to slow down individual cars, so that easy method would work when balancing offline cars. But online becomes far more complex as Alien Sim drivers seem to be better able to overcome weight penalties. Leagues trying to slow down certain drivers may even have to resort to power reductions and fuel tank sizes.(similar to IMSA)((which are not possible with the locked DLC cars))

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.0%
  • €3001-5000