rF2: GT3 Challengers Pack Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have released a minor update to the cars of the recently released GT3 Challengers DLC.

Having impressed many, this writer included, with the recent GT3 Challengers DLC for rFactor 2, Studio 397 have revisited the cars today with a brand new update, addressing some of the more minor aspects of the vehicles as they look to fine tune the new pack for players of the simulation.

GT3 Challengers DLC Update Notes:

McLaren 720S GT3 v1.21
  • Added McLaren Shadow liveries.
  • Minor improvements to the livery material settings
Porsche 911 GT3 v1.17
  • Revisions to in-car dash/HUD.
Audi R8 LMS GT3 v1.07
  • Fixed reversed oil and water temps in the in-car HUD.
Aston Martin Vantage GT3 v1.15
  • Chassis texture update/fixes.
  • Fixed texture issue on fuel intake cap.
  • Fixed missing brake calipers.
  • Fixed window sorting issue when using external cams with post process depth of field.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively to PC via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Great to see the dashes getting attention, rF2 is still a way to go before even reaching parity with other sims in this area but man am I looking forward to when it does.

Only 2 more months till Sebring 12h and oh boy is rF2 getting a workout on my rig the weeks leading up to and after that one. ( First Daytona and Bathurst tho, yay racing season! )

Porsche dash lights go the right direction now, but the dash still looks squished or the font incorrect to me. Curious to see what others think. It really doesn't look right. Hopefully more optimization to come.

Would love to see them implement tire slip lights on all the cars like the real GT3's have as well.

Excellent! Love this pack!
Just waiting for the templates to be released so hopefully someone can be a hero for a day and make a Lucky Strike livery. :) I would do it buy nobody wants my beginner work. Give me time to practice.:rolleyes:

Only for the new release cars! What about the GTE cars?
Some time ago, the GTE pack got minor updates similar to the ones for GT3 Challengers pack.(as did the first GT3 pack and the Nissan 500GT) Unless there is a major game-breaker, I doubt you will see further updates for the GTEs. However, S397 has committed to updating much of their content to the new flashier graphics first displayed on the GT3 Challenge cars exteriors. So, at some point, we should see further graphic improvements in that area for both the original GT3, GTE, and the interiors of all three packages..

Wolf WolfZ

Wolf WolfZ
Premium
S397 is reactive and attentive to the community, he tries to do the best he can with the huge work they have in front of them, but yes the dashboard of the porsche is not terrible, inside too dark very little detail.., hurry the new shaders for the cockpit!!
Take a look at this post . This is called constructive criticism. It's basically how to get what you want without being a C... :)

Fineraft

SLF Racing team-owner
I love Rfactor 2 and Studio397. It's one of the very few studios these days that listen to the community. Yes, it's far from perfect, but the state Rfactor 2 was in compared to what Studio 397 have evolved it to, Rfactor 2 became a true simulator. Right now, I only have 5 sims that I like and often use. Rfactor 2 and pC2 I use the most, iRacing being my number 3 and Assetto Corsa not that far behind, yet sometimes Assetto Corsa does not work the right way. Rfactor 2 will become even better, but still, a lot of things have to be done. Keep up the good work

Studio 397 have released a minor update to the cars of the recently released GT3 Challengers DLC.

Having impressed many, this writer included, with the recent GT3 Challengers DLC for rFactor 2, Studio 397 have revisited the cars today with a brand new update, addressing some of the more minor aspects of the vehicles as they look to fine tune the new pack for players of the simulation.

GT3 Challengers DLC Update Notes:

McLaren 720S GT3 v1.21
  • Added McLaren Shadow liveries.
  • Minor improvements to the livery material settings
Porsche 911 GT3 v1.17
  • Revisions to in-car dash/HUD.
Audi R8 LMS GT3 v1.07
  • Fixed reversed oil and water temps in the in-car HUD.
Aston Martin Vantage GT3 v1.15
  • Chassis texture update/fixes.
  • Fixed texture issue on fuel intake cap.
  • Fixed missing brake calipers.
  • Fixed window sorting issue when using external cams with post process depth of field.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively to PC via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

what are the updates in chassis texture of the Aston Martin?

Just noticed that the yellow stripe at the top of the Porsche wheel is still not modeled. There's an object missing as you can see the cutout on the wheel, but they didn't create it.

Ugh...come on guys. Such poor attention to detail. The quality of your product for what your charging needs to be brought up if you want to keep making money on these DLC's. :rolleyes:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 95 18.8%
  • €151-500

Votes: 134 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 50 9.9%
  • €3001-5000