rF2: Endurance Pack Updated

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Endurance Pack DLC Update.jpg

Studio 397 have recently updated the 'Endurance Pack' DLC for rFactor 2.

Deploying the content update back on March 21st, Studio 397 have released small updates to the cars contained within the Endurance Pack DLC for the simulation. Although not significant in size, the update does address some of the outstanding issues with the content in rFactor 2, and includes some performance optimisation of the individual car LOD's as well as BOP adjustments across the pack, the full details of which can be seen below:

Porsche 991RSR GTE v1.67
  • BOP refuel time adjustment
  • Fixed side mirrors in showroom
  • Fixed see through vents and holes
  • Fixed sorting issues with steering wheel and side windows
Corvette C7R GTE v1.69
  • Optimized LODs
  • Mapping fix on bonnet
  • Fixed side mirrors in showroom
BMW M8 GTE v1.43
  • Fixed reversed oil and water values in the onboard HUD
  • Optimized LODs
Norma M30 LMP3 v1.65
  • Optimized LODs
Oreca 07 LMP2 v1.51
  • Optimized LODs
  • Reflection fix on floor diffuser

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
On VR performance, I looked around and can only find info from may/june 2018. Has it improved further? I want to get this game due to the awesome endurance racing offered but for me poor VR performance is a big no. I have a 980ti is it playable in any kind of half decent settings (like not a lot of pop in and not too much shimmering)?

Not since then I don't think no (although general tweaks to the core graphical engine may of helped slightly), the VR Performance improvement was done about a year ago. I run with a GTX970 and alone on track with Medium/High settings I get 90fps but add any AI and I have to resort to ASW (45fps) which is just fine, with that I can run up to 29AI even at a largish track like Bathurst and the same graphical settings, but it's always Mod/Track dependant. Any artefacts brought with ASW in the early days have now all but gone, that's more down to Oculus improvement, to me everything looks just fine at 45fps and I can happily race for ages.

Edit : just to add before the VR performance improvements I couldn't run in the rain at all, now I can.

If it's so buggy how are we even enjoying it as much as we are?
Because the driving is just awesome! :inlove:
But yes, it is buggy... When you spend over 1h after an update to get your game running before being able to join again a server... and of course only had 1h to dedicate to practice! :rolleyes:

As for the UI, the current one seriously lack ergonomics; you get use to it, but it makes it unfriendly for newcomers (just an example: going to settings to find your replays is not really intuitive..). And the real annoyance is that since Dx11 is default, you can't have any plug-in on screen. Not a big deal for most people but we still miss some infos in big multiclass races. And the original hud is still unable to tell how many time is left in race, more than a year after its release... This is this lack of polish that I find annoying: tiny unimportant things, not deal braker, but annoying... I love Reiza for this! Everything is polished and at the same level! Not the case with rF2, we have big disparities.

But again... all these is forgotten once you're driving! :D

I just buyed rF2 last week end, Sebring and endurance pack too plus a ton of workshop track and car.
As AC fan boy like i’m wosent pretend the moon, i was just courios to try the much talked physics of this sim. And, oh boy, i wosent disappointed at alo. The phyisic is spettacular and the ffb is insane good.
rF2 is just one of the best sim on the market, period. The ui is bad? Guess what, in real life you don’t have the ui, i always turn it off. The car/track menu is a bit clunky, but once you have took your combo you are in the best shape possibile.

Performance wise (i have a good pc) it flyes, in VR easy 90fps, on regualr screen, aka 1080p, i suppose it can run with a 1050ti at 60fps. On my super ultra wide i never get under 180fps, max setting.

Havent tryed online netcode, i’m a single racer.

I tryed all the sim title so far, iracing short, rFactor2 is on par with Assetto Corsa, best sim to date.

As for people consistently berating the lack of a new UI can I ask you, is the current one *really* that bad that you cannot enjoy the *Driving* experience that RF2 has to offer? Why is it the UI gets in the way of the core of the game? Do you not play Elite Dangerous because you can't get past its terrible UI? Is the ACC UI any better? Is the iRacing Beta UI any better? Why do you feel the need to constantly bring it up in every RF2 related thread?

Fact is the current UI is usable, no it's not smooth/intuitive/brilliant, but it does a job, it does not stop you from enjoying a Drive or a Race against the AI or Human Opponents. Once you spend the usual few minutes getting to know it's quirks - like with ANY games UI - then you'll soon see it isn't all that bad afterall and is actually better than a lot of other Race Sims & other AAA Games on the Market.

The constant need to belittle RF2 based purely on the UI is just plain silly in my eyes, use what you've got and enjoy the Core of the game like others are doing. At the end of the day I buy a Racing Sim to Drive & Race with, it's a shame others can't get past something to hate.

How do you know the resources have been spent on new DLC and not the UI? Answer is you don't, that's just an assumption based on thin air on your part, nothing more nothing less. As you have experience of UI creation that doesn't mean you know the back end work going into this New UI, you don't know exactly what is going on behind the scenes, again just assuming you know how it's done so it must be done quicker is not the answer.
@Marcel Offermans I recall mentioned during the 12 hour Sebring that priorities are biased on profit making activities namely DLC whilst balancing UI in parallel

- Colour palette....no comment
Why "no comment", though? You say that you are fed up with people that constantly belittle rF2 because of UI, but here you are belittling someone else's issue with the game because you don't think it's important enough. It clearly is for him. And I don't blame him, honestly. I don't think I would spend as much time with rF2 if I didn't have my ReShade preset to correct the colors. I can't stand the default turquoise tint of the game with its green skies, so I'd expect it's not really surprising that I wouldn't exactly be thrilled if I had to look at it for hours on end during the races.

I understand that to some people, it seems petty to complain about something as seemingly insignificant to the actual driving as a color palette. But for others, it might be nearly game breaking.

Why "no comment", though? You say that you are fed up with people that constantly belittle rF2 because of UI, but here you are belittling someone else's issue with the game because you don't think it's important enough. It clearly is for him. And I don't blame him, honestly. I don't think I would spend as much time with rF2 if I didn't have my ReShade preset to correct the colors. I can't stand the default turquoise tint of the game with its green skies, so I'd expect it's not really surprising that I wouldn't exactly be thrilled if I had to look at it for hours on end during the races.

I understand that to some people, it seems petty to complain about something as seemingly insignificant to the actual driving as a color palette. But for others, it might be nearly game breaking.

Ok then - I don't see any issue with the colour palette, it's certainly not game breaking as it is.

In the grand scheme of things there are far more important things to worry about than a slight wrong tint of blue in the sky as I've seen people moan about on here before...people are expecting too much, nitpicking the minor flaws all the time and not actually getting on and racing like the rest of us are!*

*When we're not stuck at work that is :p

As for people consistently berating the lack of a new UI can I ask you, is the current one *really* that bad that you cannot enjoy the *Driving* experience that RF2 has to offer?
Yes. It really is that bad. Although I enjoy the driving experience in RF2, I avoid it a lot and refuse to purchase any DLC until it is fixed because I can't do simple things that are present in other titles, such as setting up championships and managing AI drivers. It is obtuse and frustrating beyond belief. I sim race for enjoyment, not frustration. Making simple changes are a nightmare and I share this experience with others who have tried simple modifications. All you need to see to realize I'm speaking the truth is simply look at the number of mods on RD for other titles, then look at RF2. No one wants to deal with it.

Further, yes I can make an assertion that S397 have decided to spend resources on DLC's rather than the UI, because that's what they've been releasing over the last several years rather than a UI update. I understand software development and I know that it's a zero sum game. Any dollar that you spend on someone developing a new track is one less dollar you are spending on fixing existing issues.

On VR performance, I looked around and can only find info from may/june 2018. Has it improved further? I want to get this game due to the awesome endurance racing offered but for me poor VR performance is a big no. I have a 980ti is it playable in any kind of half decent settings (like not a lot of pop in and not too much shimmering)?
I gave up trying to do any kind of multi-class racing because there's a bug with most tracks that do not have the faster class passing the slower class during their pit in lap.

I don't think I would spend as much time with rF2 if I didn't have my ReShade preset to correct the colors.
I'm colourblind (really I am) maybe that's why it doesn't really bother me, but I can see a greenish tint. Does ReShade have any performance hit Martin and does it work in VR please? Asking for a friend of course. :roflmao:

Seriously though, perhaps you could provide a link, for anybody who finds the colour palate detracts from their enjoyment of rF2. I'm aware that you spent a fair amount of time working on it, but if people are not quite satisfied with your settings, I'm guessing they could tweak them, or even make their own?

On a broader topic, just reading through this thread, it seems clear that there are still a few legitimate buggy things left to address with rF2. These will affect enjoyment at different levels, for each individual I guess, so perhaps we should all try to take a balanced view (perhaps something like Alex does in post #43).

It can be annoying when every thread, about content or whatever, is used to gripe about unrelated bugs or grievances with the core sim, but rF2 is not the only sim where this happens. I get triggered by it because I think it should be done on the dev's bug report thread on the dev's forum. Or if you really wanna post about it on RD, then you should start a new thread. That way, people who are attracted to a thread because of the title (this thread for instance), don't need to wade through pages of unrelated rhetoric, to find the info for which they seek.

Having said that, we have, at least, managed to keep the conversation pretty civil so far. :thumbsup:

Edit: Well it was civil up to the point where I started typing anyway.

Last edited:
All you need to see to realize I'm speaking the truth is simply look at the number of mods on RD for other titles, then look at RF2. No one wants to deal with it.
Yeh it's weird, as soon as rF2 went on Steam, modders started putting all their mods on Steam Workshop, where any updates would load to my install automatically.
Nobody wants to bother with that. :rolleyes:

Yes. It really is that bad. Although I enjoy the driving experience in RF2, I avoid it a lot and refuse to purchase any DLC until it is fixed because I can't do simple things that are present in other titles, such as setting up championships and managing AI drivers. It is obtuse and frustrating beyond belief. I sim race for enjoyment, not frustration.

Right a valid point I entirely agree with, the lack of a Single Player Championship is frustrating and I too have vented this to S397/ISI in the past (there are tools available for this though that do a great job, Log Analyzer is one). In the meantime it is easy to set up a Single Race, but if that's not your thing then that's fine.

Further, yes I can make an assertion that S397 have decided to spend resources on DLC's rather than the UI, because that's what they've been releasing over the last several years rather than a UI update. I understand software development and I know that it's a zero sum game. Any dollar that you spend on someone developing a new track is one less dollar you are spending on fixing existing issues.

Ok well no; DX11, PBR Shaders, VR implementation, optimisations to the engine - all added in the past couple of years along with other core features so it's not all about DLC & the UI. Yes I bet the wait is frustrating for the latter, I agree the current UI is not the best, but it's what we've got to live with for now...such is life - we can't always get what we want when we want it or even when the Devs say we might get it - I mean if you're in Software Development then you should know more than anyone that delays can happen for various reasons, right?! :)

I'm colourblind (really I am) maybe that's why it doesn't really bother me, but I can see a greenish tint. Does ReShade have any performance hit Martin and does it work in VR please? Asking for a friend of course. :roflmao:

Seriously though, perhaps you could provide a link, for anybody who finds the colour palate detracts from their enjoyment of rF2. I'm aware that you spent a fair amount of time working on it, but if people are not quite satisfied with your settings, I'm guessing they could tweak them, or even make their own?

On a broader topic, just reading through this thread, it seems clear that there are still a few legitimate buggy things left to address with rF2. These will affect enjoyment at different levels, for each individual I guess, so perhaps we should all try to take a balanced view (perhaps something like Alex does in post #43).

It can be annoying when every thread, about content or whatever, is used to gripe about unrelated bugs or grievances with the core sim, but rF2 is not the only sim where this happens. I get triggered by it because I think it should be done on the dev's bug report thread on the dev's forum. Or if you really wanna post about it on RD, then you should start a new thread. That way, people who are attracted to thread because of the title (this thread for instance), don't need to wade through pages of unrelated rhetoric, to find the info for which they seek.

Having said that, we have, at least, managed to keep the conversation pretty civil so far. :thumbsup:

Edit: Well it was civil up to the point where I started typing anyway.

It's a Pet Peeve of mine that I'd wager a bet that many people moaning on RD about Bugs in Sims have never gone to the Official Sites Forums and actually logged a Bug Report! If they did then maybe their Bugs would get fixed, just a thought :D

I don't like spamming threads with links, it's bad enough I shove my opinions on anything and everything down people's throats as much as I do. And the preset is fairly easy to find in the Mod section I would think.

But anyway, here is the latest version:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rf2-remove-tint-reshade-preset.21398/update?update=40840

As for performance hit, with the current ReShade and with the LUT method I use in this latest version, I would say it's negligible. It's maybe like 1-2 fps on my 970. As for VR, like anything related with VR, I sadly can not tell you anything about that. I would love to, but I don't think people would be willing to crowdfund me a VR headset ;) I believe ReShade might not really work by default in VR, but whether it is possible to make it work...I really can't tell you.

As for tweaking the preset...well, yes and no. You can certainly make your own (and I can even give you some pointers on how to do it, of course). But with the LUT method I'm using now, it's kinda hard to tweak, it's not just editing some numbers in an .ini file and instantly see the results, you have to make/edit the LUT image file directly.

Yeh it's weird, as soon as rF2 went on Steam, modders started putting all their mods on Steam Workshop, where any updates would load to my install automatically.
Nobody wants to bother with that. :rolleyes:

Yeah it is kool. Thats definitely how it works for rF2. And here in RD AC stole the downloads show. Also it is good for AC that it starts with "A".

But there are also some downsides with steam workshops. I found it a bit "unromantic". Also the more you collect, the longer it takes for the rF2 launcher to synchronize with the workshops. If I will unsubscribe something to make synchronizing shorter, then mod will get uninstalled. Sometimes I get an update, and not even notice it. Or I'll find that something was downloaded from workshops, and will not know what, till I'll do little research....

Yeah it is kool. Thats definitely how it works for rF2. And here in RD AC stole the downloads show. Also it is good for AC that it starts with "A".

But there are also some downsides with steam workshops. I found it a bit "unromantic". Also the more you collect, the longer it takes for the rF2 launcher to synchronize with the workshops. If I will unsubscribe something to make synchronizing shorter, then mod will get uninstalled. Sometimes I get an update, and not even notice it. Or I'll find that something was downloaded from workshops, and will not know what, till I'll do little research....

There are several reasons why there are more downloads for AC here on RD than for other platforms. The biggest one being propably, that Kunos closed down the modding section in their forum. The different complexities of the platforms is certainly another important factor aswell. Sure, AC is a very popular platform and stuff like skinning is made alot easier than for rF2. But at the end there are multitude of reasons why the situation is as it is. If there weren't the DL options in the rF2 forums, the workshop and other sources, the DL section here for rF2 here on RD would propably be bigger aswell - at the end there is just no real demand for it. When I compare the amount of mods that I use for both platforms, then I have to say that there is a pretty wide selection of mods for both platforms, even so many that you can't check out everything. And it is not just about tracks and cars. Anyway, I don't know when I made use of the DL section here on RD for rF2 except for a few skins. Because everything else than workshop support is a big step back in my book. I would just like to see better filters like in the ArmA workshop where everything is properly tagged and better notifications about what is being updated. But that is down to Steam and not a rF2 problem per se. But when you start the rF2 launcher you see anyway, what has been updated.

fwiw, I stopped dloading skins for rF2 due to problems with getting the AI cars to display them. This problem started with the PBR shaders release, I will resume downloading new skins once they finally figure out what is causing the issue.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.