Alright when was that again.....?

lehto.jpg

58828ceb262f03e5a7a7c3596b996cfe.jpg

These early Sauber cars looked amazing, didn't they? :geek::geek:

Toto does realize that

1. Anti racism basically means anti white
2. The word "Racist" was invented by the USSR's Leon Trotsky to demonize those who oppposed communism and
3. The motoring arm of Mercedes Benz was infact funded by an Austrian painter whose letter begins with A, doesn't he?

Blatant hipocrisy and pandering is going to end up being the death of all us.
1. If you actually think that way, then my prior post has been proven wrong.
2. The word "racism" has been employed in France since the 1890's to designate exactly what it means today. That Trotski misused the term 40 years later is irrelevant.
3. The whole German economy was controlled by nazis by the end of the 1930's. Relevance to current Mercedes-Benz? Nil.

Back to F1: Toto Wolff has expressed his views about racism long before this decision. You can have a look on the web, his interviews are easy to find.

You are entering a foolish woke argument that if one does not like one is racist. How idiotic.
Keep putting words in my mouth.
Of course not everything that is being said is racist, but some arguments just clearly are, and I don't have to like everything someone says

Keep putting words in my mouth.

Not at all. No one is arguing about the colour. Looks good. But we don't need to be force fed moral hypocrisy by a multi billion dollare company who have used such practices themselves. It really is that simple. Can we just not enjoy a sport without been fed moral bullshit?

Nice livery.

Always liked black on F1 cars, just like the classic Lotus 72 JPS.
Same with the tradionally silver arrows.

<OT>
Call me cynical...

In the end this is just marketing mixed with corporate virtue signaling, all superficial and of little real consequence - it won’t change any of the real social injustice in the world. Just like much of the current protesting, statue toppling and name changing - all superficial and of little lasting consequence. After this round of window dressing those who are exploiting inequality today, wlll continue to exploit inequality tomorrow and those who are being exploited today will continue to be exploited tomorrow.

Most of this is just a big distraction.
<OT OFF>

Now back to racing :)

Last edited:
You really don't get it do you?
I really don't, sincerely, voted left all my life, in most countries I'd actually be counted as far left, but this? I sincerely do not get it. Show me the numbers on Mercedes' diversity within staff as opposed to average numbers in the relevant slice of population and we might start a meaningful discussion about race. But painting a car black? Beats me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back