Alright when was that again.....?

Will this come as news to Codemasters, or will they have been in the loop for a while and have this livery in game ready to go?

I suppose it's a simple update if they didn't have prior notice.

Hamilton would end up bitching on social media lol.

This proves how easy it's for corporates to pretty much do nothing and still look like they care about something, people go out like "damn look at merc, they are so inclusive! such support!".

As someone who has worked in at least 4 global tech firms in marketing and managing social media I can tell you that for some people, this really is the first step on their way to better educating themselves about a given cause.

It's brilliant that you have already worked out that racism is wrong, and that we shouldn't need Merc to paint their car black to raise awareness.

But some people are just not aware that issues exist and they need a friendly nudge to take notice.

I have a great example. I used to work for a company where the CEO was very homophobic. To send a message to her and the world I ran a campaign with a key LGBT figure and the campaign was seen globally. Our CEO had no choice but to address it and show support for LGBT and now she has changed her views and realised she was wrong.

My point is, you can't always claim to know the reasons why a brand is doing what they are doing. The only important thing is that it's moving the world along to a better place, even if it is only 1 person at a time.

Why can't it be a white car?

Thank F it's not. Already waaay to much white cars on the grid. Alpha, Alfa and Williams. Ironically(?) I want more colors on the grid, not less.
Mercedes changing from silver to black didn't change this though. But I like this livery better. More contrast in it than the silver one.

I have a great example. I used to work for a company where the CEO was very homophobic. To send a message to her and the world I ran a campaign with a key LGBT figure and the campaign was seen globally. Our CEO had no choice but to address it and show support for LGBT and now she has changed her views and realised she was wrong.

My point is, you can't always claim to know the reasons why a brand is doing what they are doing. The only important thing is that it's moving the world along to a better place, even if it is only 1 person at a time.

Sidenote, sorta-related. My step-mum always talked about how much she accepted gay/lesbian people. But didn't quite understand people being bi. Then my youngest step-sister came out as bi. That was a huge issue. Until my step-mom ended up talking with another mother in the same situation and got the whole "bi-thing" explained to her. Then she came around to accept it.
She had to get it pushed in her face first though.

3. The motoring arm of Mercedes Benz was infact funded by an Austrian painter whose letter begins with A, doesn't he?

I am genuinely curious here.
From my knowledge both Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft and Benz and Cie. Started making cars (or, automobiles if you like) in the 1800's, and both went racing before the companies got merged in to Daimler-Benz in the mid 20's. They even won Grand Prix races in the 20's and early 30's.

This Austrian painter didn't get any significant power until 32/33 did he?

It wouldn't surprise me if no one makes a skin for Assetto Corsa based on their disdain for what it means. I hope that won't be the case. In fact make a 4K and 8K skin someone please. The black where the silver should be just looks so different and nice as an alternative.

lock down is the best thing that ever happened for street racing, working on a methanol setup for more boost without e85.

stay at home is hilarious, the medical authority like WHO is headed by a commie who covered up cholera 3 times in the poorest parts of his country, the CDC administered syphilis to black people up to the 70s! This whole thing shows you how silly, unintelligent, and fearful people are, remember what is responsible for the most deaths in history? Well malaria... but government is not far behind. I'm going off on a limb and using something called the brain to do a little thinking. It's a pandemic but my hospitals are all fine, and if I turn off the TV, it disappears completely, yet my friend who needs rehab for his knee is being denied and could be in a critical period for full recovery, doctor wants to treat but is ordered to not work. Someone close to me committed suicide, they cannot be buried publicly or have a funeral. The covid patients were put back in the nursing homes, and were put there by way of your government healthcare workers, you're brave healthcare workers looking after you (with tiktok memes)! People are not thinking for themselves, just suckling off the authority, homosexual and floyd marches are done by the brilliant vibrant youth and are OK, but protests for your jobs, only racist trump supporters are there and they are killing people with spread. I'm working but actually losing money in my business right now not including stocks(I am personally subsidizing what takes up my time, LOL).
Imagine living in a third world country, the "people of color" there only get news coverage after thousands are dead by police brutality or government and economic collapse. What comes around goes around, aid the government agenda to turn off the taps to the poorest economies, not one news article or protest about that, you'll get yours too. Convince me the government and world banking system is looking out for the people and I will go along with it, all evidence is to the contrary.

Codemaster are going to **** in their pants... they have to change another livery lol.

To show diversity... the fact you have to think about that is the problem! You can't stop racisme! and racist are of all colors and religion! it's called freedom of speech and of thinking! Real racisme doesn't exsist in western world because it's not institutionalised!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop talking about it, live your lives has we are all equal and see character not color!!!!!

I've selected F1 and WRC because they have the biggest work to do to make it interesting... But let's face it, almost every items on this list should be reworked !!

But as I'm not just a complaining person, I'd like to develop a bit my thought.
What kills me the most about recent regulations (the last 15 years), is we have totally lost the signification of each group. Touring cars are not "Touring" anymore, Groups are arranged for each

I'll split the problem in three (just on cars, not thinking about bikes in here):

1 - Single/two seaters and any "prototype" kind of cars.

2 - Touring cars or any regulation based on a commercial production.

3 - Common to all races, The very high level of security and high budgets in almost any groupe/race.

------------

The proto cars have three big things.
-The limitless budgets
- A regulation that prevents any "surprise"
- Cars that are not so challenging to drive (clearly, I'm thinking 1500hp turbo F1 "old school baby")
We also can talk about the way pilots become pilots... It's too normalized, they all come from the same kind of driving school, and are too young.

The Touring cars got a more general issue. Let's not be shy, my ideal decade will always be the 90's Gr.A. ✌️
We've lost that balance between performances and stock parts, and keeping the driving style of each car.
Today, the only difference would be FWD or RWD... But there is no difference between two FWD for instance.
On WRC it's pretty much the same, the cars are made like ex Gr.B, meaning the only stock part would be the general shape and holding to the type of engin (inline4, V6...). (Of course, I'm over simplifying, I try to keep it short )
But, as these cars are made following these regulations, they end up being exactly the same.
It's literally impossible to see any difference in driving between two cars ...
They all have exactly the same overall performances and technical specs...
Which is not fun, and can't help people to appreciate this sport... Plus, all the cars look the same !

Third point : security and finances.
On this one, I think there is a cultural thing, which is the high level of safety is killing the entertainment. Not saying I want to see fatal crashes, no !
But naturally, with less danger, people are less curious... That's just the way it is !
I'll conclude by the financial part, let's make it quick... It's damn too expensive !!!!

For the braves who have reached this point, please take note of my context.
I'm working at the French Motorsport Federation (in France, as you guess...)
I'm 37 and driving on track occasionally.
Remember that in France, Motorsport is dying fast because we have very few affordable groups or races, not like in England for instance.
It's not any more in our culture

Sorry for the extremely long post
But we're talking about serious ****, I can't hold back ✌️

Cheers, and long live to Motorsport ️️
Donnie

PS : don't even try me on electric cars

I am genuinely curious here.
From my knowledge both Daimler Motoren Gesellschaft and Benz and Cie. Started making cars (or, automobiles if you like) in the 1800's, and both went racing before the companies got merged in to Daimler-Benz in the mid 20's. They even won Grand Prix races in the 20's and early 30's.

This Austrian painter didn't get any significant power until 32/33 did he?

'motoring arm.'

But like Ford, Mercedes may have used sweat shops and assembly line production like Chaplin's modern times. I could be wrong. But i am trying the devils advocate bit. :D

So, motoring arm refers to assembly lines? Or some other production thing?
I'll still wait for the original poster to respond and explain what it means, because I, honestly, don't know.

Are you serious? Efficency and power. They gave it a multiplication. Think of a racing sim were you can increase the weather time. They increased it to x5 or x10. Hahaha

Are you serious? Efficency and power. They gave it a multiplication. Think of a racing sim were you can increase the weather time. They increased it to x5 or x10. Hahaha

I meant "motoring arm". It may be that both of us don't have English as a first language, but we all have varying knowledge of English here on RD. And for me "motoring arm" is a big unknown if it doesn't refer to motors in the cars or similar ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.