Paul Jeffrey

Premium
lamborghini-huracan-gt3 - Assetto Corsa.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni's Aris Vasilakos has released an interesting side by side video of the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 vs the digital Assetto Corsa version at Monza, with some breathtakingly similarities...

GT3 specification racing has been constantly growing in popularity in recent years, with many national and international series boasting some of the most incredible and exotic racing machines to ever have graced the race tracks of the world. Featuring a mix of professional and rich but talented hobbyists drivers racing in short and long distance endurance events, the desire for motorsport fans to engage further with this relatively new form of GT racing has seeming exploded over the last few years, bringing this form of motorsport firmly to the front of the public imagination, eclipsed only by the all dominant Formula One World Championship.

Responding to the increasing demand for Grand Touring specification racing and content, almost every racing game and simulation now boasts a greater or lesser degree of this remarkable cars within their roster of vehicles. Assetto Corsa is no exception to this rule with an incredible line up of current and previous generation GT machines featuring some of the best on offer from brands such as Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Mercedes, McLaren, Nissan and BMW amongst other performance GT supercars. The team over at Kunos Simulazioni have gone to great lengths to produce as accurate a representation of the real experience as is possible within the simulation software they have developed, with some remarkable results.

Coupled with detailed laserscanning technology, it really is an incredible time to be a sim racing enthusiast. Obviously proud to develop a publically available simulation title that aims to be as close to the real thing as possible, one of the men responsible for creating the physics behind the cars within Assetto Corsa, Aris Vasilakos has released this intriguing video of the Lamborghini Huracan found within Assetto Corsa pitted side by side with the real world machine racing at Monza as part of the recent Blancpain Endurance Series championship round.

With such attention to detail lavished upon car and track by Kunos, it truly is remarkable to see how close the two experiences match each other in Kunos' attempt to bring real life motorsport to the monitor of race fans the world over.

I love this sort of thing and it goes a long way towards reminding me why I enjoy sim racing.. because its awesome...

Assetto Corsa is available right now for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, with additional DLC content available to purchase for an additional charge.

Sim Racing is awesome! Enjoy our superb hobby here at RaceDepartment by joining in one of our incredible club racing events in Assetto Corsa. We host regular race meetings across a number of items of content and all Premium members are welcome to attend, either old hands or complete rookies! Check the Assetto Corsa Racing Clubs and Leagues forum for details on how to join in. Additionally you can download additional content for the game by checking out our Assetto Corsa Mods forum, or simply get involved with the community and catch the latest news or have a chat on any aspect of the game, across all three platforms. It really is a great way to experience sim racing with fellow like minded enthusiasts!

Did you enjoy the comparison video? Are you surprised how similar Assetto Corsa is to the real life equivalent? Let us know in the comments section below!

Did you enjoy the comparison video?
Yes.
Are you surprised how similar Assetto Corsa is to the real life equivalent?
No, nowadays even a Gran Turismo or Forza lap looks pretty much the same like real life, that's how far we came...as for the feeling though, i don't think AC feels like driving a real car, when compared to R3E for example.

So you've driven race cars in real life? Saying a sim is unrealistic based on another sim is a bad argument.
No but sports cars up to 600hp. 3 of them the exact same ones like in AC. So i guess you can stop making wrong assumptions...
Apart from that, you can feel weightshifting in every car in real life (well maybe apart from the new Range Rover with it's insane suspension), with a stiffer suspension even more so. Even in a 125cc Kart (yes, i have driven those as well)

So you've driven race cars in real life? Saying a sim is unrealistic based on another sim is a bad argument.
No but my own car, which is comparable to some in AC. Furthermore sports cars up to 600hp. 3 of them the exact same ones like in AC. So i guess you can stop making wrong assumptions...
Apart from that, you can feel weightshifting in every car in real life (well maybe apart from the new Range Rover with it's insane suspension), with a stiffer suspension even more so. Even in a 125cc Kart (yes, i have driven those as well)

No but sports cars up to 600hp. 3 of them the exact same ones like in AC. So i guess you can stop making wrong assumptions...
Which sports cars? I have some in mind and I think they are different versions between both sims.

If you can't feel weight shifting in AC, you're not very good at analyzing a simulation. Will this be the same story all over again like with vegaguy's claims?

So you're not going to say which sports cars are the same in AC and Raceroom? And which car you have that is comparable to AC? For someone who is definitely sure AC is not realistic and even raceroom is better, for sure you don't want to get in details. You also haven't driven race cars in real life that are in both games but you're sure raceroom drives like a real car and AC doesn't.

don't take it so personally and get so upset, he entitled to his opinion as much as you are,
Is there anything wrong with trying to understand more and asking for him to be more detailed. Suddenly he gets very evasive when asked more. He said that I made wrong assumptions about him, when I just asked if he has driven the street and race cars from the sims in real life, and which cars between AC and Raceroom are the same that supports his argument that AC doesn't drive like a real car.

• ronniej

Is there anything wrong with trying to understand more and asking for him to be more detailed. Suddenly he gets very evasive when asked more. He said that I made wrong assumptions about him, when I just asked if he has driven the street and race cars from the sims in real life, and which cars between AC and Raceroom are the same that supports his argument that AC doesn't drive like a real car.
Not wrong at all. I've been holding my tonque for some time now while folks go on about R3E and how great it is, and I always ask myself the same question..Have these people driven a car IRL? Have they played the other 3 top sim games? I paid a fair bit to have a car built for a racing game recently, and even if the option was available to do so with R3E, I simply wouldn't because to me, it doesn't feel realistic at all compared to AC, Rf2, AMS, it feels generic and floaty, but at the end of the day, it is subjective to a certain extent and certainly a matter of opinion. For example, I don't feel that R3E should even be called a "sim", other than it's using the physics engine from rF1, but they have done a lousy job of it to be sure if you ask me, whereas AMS (Neils) has done the best of all games which use the isimotor2 from 2005. GT3 cars are very "planted" and stick to the asphalt nicely, and this is why I don't care for the way R3E try to emulate them. (you don't see many R3E and real life video comparisons lol)

Been a while since played AC, stuck with AMS and RaceRoom for a while now. Guess it is about time to get back and enjoy some drifting in AC :D

Last edited:
Don't get so worked up mate, i did a doublepost from what i already wrote, and as you know you can't delete posts. I didn't have the time to answer until now, so i just changed it to a point. Don't read too much into things where there is bugger all.

I drove the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, the M3 E92, and the Bmw 235i. I own a chiptuned Mercedes SLK which is pretty comparable to the Z4 (little less horsepower).

But it's not even car related, i have very good feeling in the wheel in R3E in all cars,
while in AC the friction-feel and the weightshifting is just missing in all cars.
And i am by far not the only one with that opinion, you can read it in plenty of topics that discuss FFB from different sims..
The funny thing is that i used to defend AC, because for quite some time it was the best FFB in my opinion..but since i started racing regularly in R3E and in AMS, i feel it more and more, the one bit that is missing in AC's FFB compared to the other 2. I enjoy it less and less, which is a shame, since i love the rest of the sim.
Btw, don't confuse what i say. I didn't say AC is less realistic (physicswise). I was only talking about the feeling in the FFB, not about the rest of the simulation.
Behavior of the cars is top notch in my opinion.

Don't get so worked up mate, i did a doublepost from what i already wrote, and as you know you can't delete posts. I didn't have the time to answer until now, so i just changed it to a point. Don't read too much into things where there is bugger all.

I drove the Porsche Cayenne Turbo, the M3 E92, and the Bmw 235i. I own a chiptuned Mercedes SLK which is pretty comparable to the Z4 (little less horsepower).

But it's not even car related, i have very good feeling in the wheel in R3E in all cars,
while in AC the friction-feel and the weightshifting is just missing in all cars.
And i am by far not the only one with that opinion, you can read it in plenty of topics that discuss FFB from different sims..
The funny thing is that i used to defend AC, because for quite some time it was the best FFB in my opinion..but since i started racing regularly in R3E and in AMS, i feel it more and more, the one bit that is missing in AC's FFB compared to the other 2. I enjoy it less and less, which is a shame, since i love the rest of the sim.
Btw, don't confuse what i say. I didn't say AC is less realistic (physicswise). I was only talking about the feeling in the FFB, not about the rest of the simulation.
Behavior of the cars is top notch in my opinion.
Worst ffb best ffb is all subjective. What matters in sims is the forces to your wheel to come from the car physics and if that car is well simulated the ffb will also be realistically simulated as a consequence.
Now if you look at Raceroom you have forces for several things, while in AC you have one slider that matters, which is the gain%.
You know that all that weight shifting forces you feel in raceroom may be exaggerated to help players feel the car in a way you wouldn't feel the real one, where in reality you'd feel it with your body + steering wheel and in the sim we only have steering wheel.

Lets see, they have these steering forces: force feedback intensity, steering force intensity, understeer, vertical load, lateral force, steering rack, and other effects (those effects are similar to AC, so those can be turned off right away). In Assetto Corsa you have one: FFB % (same as gain%).

Worst ffb best ffb is all subjective. What matters in sims is the forces to your wheel to come from the car physics and if that car is well simulated the ffb will also be realistically simulated as a consequence.
Now if you look at Raceroom you have forces for several things, while in AC you have one slider that matters, which is the gain%.
You know that all that weight shifting forces you feel in raceroom may be exaggerated to help players feel the car in a way you wouldn't feel the real one, where in reality you'd feel it with your body + steering wheel and in the sim we only have steering wheel.

Lets see, they have these steering forces: force feedback intensity, steering force intensity, understeer, vertical load, lateral force, steering rack, and other effects (those effects are similar to AC, so those can be turned off right away). In Assetto Corsa you have one: FFB % (same as gain%).
Exactly. It's the same with AMS. They manage to get the full feeling you have in a real car translated only through the wheel and their FFB, amplifying certain effects. That's what i meant with "AC doesn't feel like driving a real car compared to R3E", because in AC i am missing quite some informations about the road and what the car is doing, while R3E and AMS bring in through the wheel. So R3E and AMS FFB can make up quite a bit of the missing G-effects and the missing "but-feel".
Could be well possible that i'd prefer AC FFB if i'd have a full motion rig, but as it is i just feel more comfortable in R3E and AMS, because i get more informations about what the car is doing in every moment. In AC it's often more guessing, and focusing on the screen, like you'd drive with a controller.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back