RDRC Season 5 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
season about to Start. its a shame i cannot defend my champion.. and i just cant drive a AW8 cars. too fast to control ill consider trying out the xara 07 or the citroens or fords of that year. they are flyers. i just did 1.54 on Frazer wells on ford focus 07. hmm
no much pressure this year for me. ill only do Gravel Rallies.

It is always a wise move to re-install RSRBR2013 into a clean new base RBR. Rallyesim recommend that too, it will most likely save you a lot of problems later on.

Yeah, okay. Luckily, the postponement will give me time to get everything ready once I downloaded it all.

Btw: What can I keep again? The Saved Games folder(With my Rally School results) for sure, but what else is good to keep? The setups for example?

Also about homologation: Did the Evo X have to be homologated as it wasn't included at first? And has the VW Polo been updated to race with the other WRC cars?

Looking at some car packs I was surprised they weren't excluded(For example the VW Gol?).

Imagine the GT Pack getting more cars, racing cars like the Porsche(since it surely won't reach homologation for the current championship:p)

Btw: What can I keep again? The Saved Games folder(With my Rally School results) for sure, but what else is good to keep? The setups for example?

I'd be very careful about saving and using old setups. Some may be ok, but often Rallyesim change the car physics with newer versions of RSRBR and sometimes even with Updates that include specific car updates.
If you use old setups that don't match the new physics, it may cause driving problems, CTD or graphical issues, or it might even cause an illegal setup for the RDRC (setups are checked after each round).

I'd be very careful about saving and using old setups. Some may be ok, but often Rallyesim change the car physics with newer versions of RSRBR and sometimes even with Updates that include specific car updates.
If you use old setups that don't match the new physics, it may cause driving problems, CTD or graphical issues, or it might even cause an illegal setup for the RDRC (setups are checked after each round).

Only the Saved Games then I guess. Although there's the option to backup RSRBR, is that useful at all?

It takea ages with normal downloads here to get the track pack, but I've seen faster downloads for free at other places. 2h 30 mins is very long...

Only the Saved Games then I guess. Although there's the option to backup RSRBR, is that useful at all?

It takea ages with normal downloads here to get the track pack, but I've seen faster downloads for free at other places. 2h 30 mins is very long...

The "Saved Games" folder is the setup files I was referring to above. If you use them, be very careful to check they are ok in the new updates.

Re the downloading, I found the torrent files much quicker, easier and safer to use. Some of the RallyeSim server files are known to get corrupted. You should always check them using the Checksum program that RallyeSim provide.
The torrent files were pretty convenient too, you can pause and resume them to suit your timetable. The download speed of the torrent files will vary of course, depending on how many seeders there are. There were lots of seeders when I downloaded mine, but that was about a month ago when lots of people were updating to RSRBR2013.

You should make a note of your Options Settings before deleting your old RSRBR2012, I always keep a written record of all of the settings, or at least keep screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back