RDRC S8 Round 2 - Rally Sweden (13th - 19th February 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S: This a friday style post, where my mind is basically already on the Saturday and not caring about Sunday. But in all seriousness, good drive Norbert, the slow stages screwed me up because my setup was meant for the fast stages and I struggled in some of the fast stages to get a good time in the car, especially in the later half of the rally.

Hehe, thanks Lorenzo. You did good on snow especially knowing you're brazilian :)
Hope you will have another good runs in the coming rallies :)

rally completed.
like my teammate thomas i had my best run by far in hamra, something about this stage seems to suit the lancia :)
Had my first serious flip (xtimes and over and over and over) on the following long stage, s11, but other than a few dents the car was fine. Did the final four stages tonight and with only some turns to go on the last stage i used the handbrake in that 90 right pretty much towards the end and ... got my handbrake bug!!! car is then stalled in the middle of the road and no amount of cajoling will make it move one inch. So I had to disconnect and start the final four stages over. Since I always jot down my stage times, I could figure out time differences and sure enough, I was 10 secs up at the start of the final stage. Did the final stage almost to finish (no handbrake this time, just a scandinavian thingy to get me round that bend) and then stopped the car when the finish was in sight. timed 10 secs and started again to finish the event with a clear conscience :)
Except for that stupid bug, the rally was awesome again, will be fun to see the results piling in over the weekend, atm I guess i'm dead last in my class.
two parting pics:

173D88AA2DAEA9372C4E7F63B68213A935119C78

51688CF0AE297119892BC60704742790C9DD1C8F

@Ole Marius Myrvold @Evilsmurf I am not too worried about individuals using it, as it does nothing different with the RaceNet API than a web browser does. In fact checking results with the tool takes less bandwidth and less web requests than a person using the dirtgame.com web pages to check results. This is because I don't pull down any of the scripts or images, and the results data is very small compared to the rest of the stuff on that page. My concern is someone using the code to write tool that does live updates and just hammers the hell out of the RaceNet servers 24/7 for updates.

@Neil rdrc They actually seem to rate limit the API calls fairly heavily, which is why the results pages in on the site and in the game are so sluggish. Another reason that I am fairly comfortable with people using it, this rate limiting really provides a lot of safety against abuse.

Ok, back on topic :)

Phew... finished in a single sitting. Again not what I intended, but once you get going...

Anyway, slow as usual but at least I got to the end! Only two resets when I beached myself on snowbanks, but nothing serious. Apart from the dead spectator. Shouldn't have been standing there. Looking forward to Monday to see if I achieve my overall goal for this championship of scoring at least one point! Come on! :giggle:

uc

uc

uc

PS: On a 17 stage rally, what are the chances of me taking a screenshot at exactly the same point on a track as someone else? :cool: (svt4cam, post 170)

Done with day 3! I really need to find an official deodorant sponsor for Team Fate Rally because I stink as the result of doing 9 stages in one day. Managed to finish up without much damage to the Kadett, one little oops on SS17 where I swung a bit wide at the right two intersection leading to the uphill but no spin luckily. My GeForce experience ate stage 11 footage but I did record several on day 3 which I will offer up later. Oliver Hammond and I are off to the pub or in Swedish the Soequiolangenqnnsjon. (Just kidding) Glad to have this one in the bag.
6785B00B291E86B8F1D3E6A06AC472AF84C1B852

F909989516A7C0340D45DEB97BCE2BC38B92F95D

8B41D9DC2B09D51F6C90E735A5B839CFE01CF4EF

5819EB88EBA76A7414323717E3DDF0D67ADD0675

Oh, him, love the name, too. As I am writing (Saturday morning in Germany) exactly 100 players have finished and already 182 players have started the event by tackling stage 01. The numbers are still staggering all around. By tonight I will have dropped out of the top 100.
Let's see if we can top the participation at Monte Carlo (and why shouldn't we?).

The night brought no good news for me as I dropped from 4th to 7th in class, overall I'm 31st. Congrats to Thomas, you beat me mate :ninja:
Top 10 in class would be a dremam as the main goal is to get points at Sweden. Guess there won't be points at Greece as I can't get along with it so far...
Btw, send some 'friend invitations' on race net (Eckhart,Thomas and some more) - would be great if you'd join to compare stage times :)

"Double Roll and 4 Spins please - and put some sugar on top!" :laugh:

Did all 17 SS in one go, never removed my VR-headset, didnt take a look at the leaderboards, as little interruptions as possible to stay focused and concentrated - nevertheless, there was the odd moment, one particularly very lucky. Coming too hot into the chicane 2L 2L 3R 2L on SS4 (cant remember correctly) got through the first two bends much too fast, but no snowbank touched my Subaru - till the end of the section, Mr. Snowbank on my right rear lifted me up and over I rolled - did two rolls till Mr. Snowbank on my left saved me from a penalty, and a bunch of onluckers from a rather unpleasant meeting with my Subaru.

Had no clue how fast or slow I'm doing, but the flow was excellent - the more stages, the more confident I got, till the last four stages I felt my car getting slower and much more swingy - stepped it's tail out way to often, resulting in spins and some hairy savings.

Checked my times compared to my fellow competitors at the end, and was rather surprised to find myself on Place 2 currently - was on Place 1 after SS12, only to get blasted away by @emuga12 on the last 4 stages.

Highlight was SS11 (the last of the three long stages, loved this part of the rally especially) in about 5.49, gained 4 places overall and got the lead in class 4wd- . Lead lasted for 2 SS, then emuga12 took over and left my behind.

Another brilliant organized event which was much fun to drive - loved the trainig for it, finding a setup I felt comfortable with (thanks @RacingIvy for the gearing, just perfectly balanced), getting faster, hatted my hotlapping sessions, but they helped me in the end to get a decent but save pace.

Longest session I did in VR in one go, and it was a blast! As mentioned before I also need a deodorant sponsor, and some new gloves!

Now the long wait begins till monday evening - there's unfortunately a LOT of room left between emuga12 and me to squizze in.

Looking forward to greece, no more clouds mist and snow, just sunny lovely sunsets! :D

Just finished the rally, had a mad chase after the PC guys on last few stages, but a spin on one of them made me lose a couple of seconds and if there was one more stage that I would've nailed, I would be 2 positions higher. Had a couple of rolls as well, so not a perfect rally by any means, but a decent one, done it in two stints, first few stages were rough but then it clicked. Still no idea how does emuga do it, it is 3-4 minutes over a course of a rally, which is massive.

Next stop - Greece, I'm not great there, but still better than Finland, where the jumps will kill the cars :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes