RDRC S8 Round 2 - Rally Sweden (13th - 19th February 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done, I am bloody tired after this run. Really thought this as a "i have to survive this one" rally. But after the tips from serveral drivers and with a nice setup from someone on here ( which i only had to mod a tiny bit ). I was suddenly flying in sweden.
Day1: I got away pretty good, only had 2 360 spins before service and a PB on SS4!
Then came the part that worried me the most. The snowy parts, but on SS6 i actually gained some time on my closest competitors. Just to lose some time again in the night stage.
Day2: The long stages, nibbling away time from the guys in front of me. I had a blistering run on SS10 Hamra setting my PB 5 seconds faster. After the service i kept it clean and kept gaining seconds here and there. I set another PB at SS13 So i was still pushing with all i got.
Day3: SS14 i gained a few seconds. Got in 3rd in 4wd-, but in SS15 i spun and lost them again. Back to 4th. The excact same thing happened on SS16, i gained a few seconds and got in front again ( 3rd ). On the final stage i spun again, different spot mind you. The other guy did a blistering run in his R4. Around 10 seconds faster. He put me back in 4th ( 4wd- ), 7 seconds in front of me.

My hat goes off to Emuga12 and Rageride Jirister, they drove WR times the entire rally i think
54D99B07D45FA8517A1392089D48097862740190

60342A9542E986A308643F41AD51D179A51D56EA

91C08FEC36A978D765FCD6722B21DA3CD7293A9E

2F9C490297D54D1DFFCCC17C9DD712206C279409

Finished the rally right now. I tried to make it safe, no risk but I failed pretty hard in the last 4 stages. I spun in 3 of them when I tried to make a gap to a brazilian lad with a Seat Ibiza, but ultimately I finished in front of him.
I surprised a bit about the Kit cars. I expected they won't be faster than the RWD cars in 2WD+ class. Well, they were slower than monte pace but they are pretty fast on the snow here too. I hope in the gravel it will be a bit more equal
(or I'm so much slower than the guys driving the kit cars) :D

The BMW M3 was in one piece in the finish, in the moment I'm slower 30sec from the class leader in 3rd position. I will be happy if I'll stay in this position.

I streamed the whole rally from my point of view but I sucked and there is no sound in the video (you can do the sound if you want *vroom, vroom* :roflmao:).
If you want to watch it click here:

Fueled with Dunkin Donuts coffee and Girl Scout Somoa cookies (neither of which are sponsors, unfortunately) navigator Oliver Hammond and I set out on day 2 of rally Sweden with the Team Fate Rally Weyerbacher brewing Kadett. My goal was to drive with more confidence and flair, but to stay out of trouble. Since I'm still recovering from the stroke that rendered me access to a little used part of my brain that allowed me to start left foot braking comfortably, I felt day 2 went pretty well for me. I'm sitting 87th overall and approx 12th in rwd-. I'm gaining more confidence in navigator Hammond's calls

No spins or snowbank errors which is a huge change for me and the Weyerbacher Kadett easily repaired back to 100% in service E. I finally nailed the left two at the bottom of the hill in 3rd gear (see below) I'm actually enjoying Sweden for a change. I'll post a vid later of SS11.
1F72F532D636F88162227F678251A4D4ED44F91E
I
BBB27510C0D138A015214434AC851F7C54D91ADE

0FA578A259C2378B0296899ABBD9221B077BB061

Which programm is this??

Please, is possible send me also instruction about this software program...
Many many thanks ;)

Since this tool is becoming more public and it will probably be broken in a few months with an API change for Dirt 4 anyway...

https://github.com/aarondemarre/DRLeagueParser

My only request is please don't flood the RaceNet API with requests if you use the API code in another tool. If the API gets locked down due to abuse / overuse it would directly effect my league as well as the RDRC.

I am open to bug reports and feature requests, but realize this tool is mostly on hold at the moment, as it may be rendered obsolete (I hope!) depending on features added to league management on dirtgame.com

Finished the rally right now. I tried to make it safe, no risk but I failed pretty hard in the last 4 stages. I spun in 3 of them when I tried to make a gap to a brazilian lad with a Seat Ibiza, but ultimately I finished in front of him.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I shall cast the burn on you with my INTENSE STAREDOWN:
RrcqK.jpg

and then finally:
56297844.jpg

My podium....gone, in a puff. I. Am. Broken. Inside. Don't. Know. What. To. Do. Now. :p

Well that still means I'm in THE LEAD OF THE TROPICAL, NON-POPULATED AREAS THAT HAS OCCASIONAL SNOW STORMS and consequently still third in the Kit Car class, therefore that still means....

I'm STILL THE KING OF THE HILL BAEEEEEEBAAAAAAAABBBBBBBYYYY! *mic drop*

P.S:
This a friday style post, where my mind is basically already on the Saturday and not caring about Sunday. But in all seriousness, good drive Norbert, the slow stages screwed me up because my setup was meant for the fast stages and I struggled in some of the fast stages to get a good time in the car, especially in the later half of the rally.

My only request is please don't flood the RaceNet API with requests if you use the API code in another tool. If the API gets locked down due to abuse / overuse it would directly effect my league as well as the RDRC.

I cannot stress this enough!
This is so far the only way we have of getting individual stage results, and making them properly like we have done. And we would very likely not have time to find other solutions during the season as we already spend a good amount of time on this (I'd rather not look at the amount of hours spent on RDRC S8 so far).

I surprised a bit about the Kit cars. I expected they won't be faster than the RWD cars in 2WD+ class. Well, they were slower than monte pace but they are pretty fast on the snow here too. I hope in the gravel it will be a bit more equal
(or I'm so much slower than the guys driving the kit cars) :D

The BMW M3 was in one piece in the finish, in the moment I'm slower 30sec from the class leader in 3rd position. I will be happy if I'll stay in this position.

I streamed the whole rally from my point of view but I sucked and there is no sound in the video (you can do the sound if you want *vroom, vroom* :roflmao:).
If you want to watch it click here:
Nice vid. How in the world did you get the pedal inputs in the game, was trying to do this for ages

I love puncture in first stage :D I love the damaged Polo :D I love everything :D "Best rally ever"
I have a very good setup, but after the damage, the car feeling was full different :D :D After that I drove fearless, sometimes I was surprised because few stage was very good. I think I need a full reconstruction :D :D :D

380o6ltodj8hl9eugbua.jpg

Last edited:
First 7 stages done, no prep and a week without sleep was not a good build up to this event. To be honest I was not wanting to drive tonight and my head was not with it, but with a busy weekend ahead I wanted to get some stages done, result was a disastrous run all over the place! Will complete the event this weekend when I have the time and hopefully wake up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 74 29.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 53 21.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 30 12.0%