RDRC S8 Round 1 - Rally Monte-Carlo (23rd - 29th January 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's quite interesting to follow my own position on the PC leaderboard...hope to stay within the Top 100 as this is my first championship...
One question I couldn't find an answer to within the announcement:
What are the 2 stages in Sweden, that can be raced next week, for? The Rally at Sweden takes place from Feb. 13th.
And will these 2 stages count for the championship or are they just a kind of Shakedown to see my standing under all competitors?
Relaxed sunday to all of you...

Its for the way leagues work. If there is no follow up event. The results vanish the moment this week rally ends. By adding a event next week, this weeks stage times will be available.

Shakedown as @Eckhart von Glan said, and while Thomas is correct, we can use the eventId found in the sourcecode for the page to extract results after the end of a championship. But as no one ever know how the Codemasters site works, and how long we can use that trick, a Shakedown is a safety net for us :)

So it's no problem if I do not compete there...

Nope :) It is mostly for organizer safety :)

Finished my first Rally ever, and really had a blast! Battled Yatzeck in the Alpine the whole way where we were within a few seconds or less most of the time. Thrilled to have finished, sitting 18th in class. My teammate, who is pretty quick, had a PC snafu which might enable me to get a point or two. Regardless, just participating with all of you guys was what this was all about, with my main goal of seeing the finish line.

A huge thank you to the organizers for all the time and effort in putting this championship together. Great magazines!

Oh boy... massive sense of relief that I got to the end, still pushing really hard, and didn't bin it in the final 4 stages. Was hoping against hope to stay in the points and decided it was worth the risk of crashing. [Edit: PS, I hate you @RS200WRX Trev (aka Trev65) - I thought I had p16 sewn up when I got a decent time on the final stage, and then realised you had pulled out an insane time to shoot miles ahead of me! :p]
I'm gonna need to buy a wide-screen monitor though - the sideways stuff in Monaco is sometimes so sideways that I can't see where I'm going on my 1280x1024 screen! LOL...
Am now looking forward to Sweden, although I think I kind of suck there. Given that I really like MC, I may have just had my best shot at finishing in the points.

Massive thanks to the organising team!

Last edited:
Truly cant believe how hard work that was practice every stage 3 times then do them in blocks between service areas, my real life 25 years of rallying obviously been good for something plus my home developed push pull wrc shifter worked a treat.
15288429_10154987246438273_5175025331190159467_o.jpg
16388824_10155220305813273_1300432724_o.jpg

Attachments

• 15288429_10154987246438273_5175025331190159467_o.jpg
    15288429_10154987246438273_5175025331190159467_o.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 164
aah 55th overall and I'm already not counting where I am in the class.. probably somewhere at the end, I never thought I'll say this but even Sweden can bring better result xD

Oh, to have chosen a class where "awful on tarmac" might still offer points! ;)
(Actually this reminds me that I haven't got my head around how you would handle someone changing class who has already scored points - could kind of mess up the cup awards, no?)

Some highlights of my first experience online on RD
Nice vid! A few bumps and scrapes along the way there but nothing fatal :) (What s/w did you use to edit it btw?)
That footage reminds me that before the start of a stage recently, I could see a bunch of spectators madly waving their arms - in the wrong direction! :roflmao:

Oh, to have chosen a class where "awful on tarmac" might still offer points! ;)
(Actually this reminds me that I haven't got my head around how you would handle someone changing class who has already scored points - could kind of mess up the cup awards, no?)

Haha :) Sometimes it is useful to not go for overall glory! :)

They will start on 0 on the new class. So, let's say a driver have won a cup before the last rally, that driver can decide to switch class for the last event to test himself/herself. But will still keep the Cup victory in the previous class.
The best example on this is actually from last season. Look at @Karl Raudsepp , winner of RDRC-2 and 5th overall! :)
LNgHXMq.png

Nice vid! A few bumps and scrapes along the way there but nothing fatal :) (What s/w did you use to edit it btw?)
That footage reminds me that before the start of a stage recently, I could see a bunch of spectators madly waving their arms - in the wrong direction! :roflmao:
Distracted spectators haha :D:D
At the moment, I'm editing with Windows Movie Maker, it's simple and easy to do it.
Thanks for your comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play