RDRC S8 Round 1 - Rally Monte-Carlo (23rd - 29th January 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3h - 3H people, let's get it done

Since I could not record my progress trough the stages I am going to leave you with one of my best attempts at Approche du Col de Turini - Montée(night, mist) - SS1

Enjoy, I surely didn't :). An epic just epic league and the will and desire to do good is so big, damn this crazy competition in 2WD- I thought I would have it easy.

The final loop of stages is done with my slightly second hand Peugeot 306.

SS12 - Man, that was messy... I never found myself at home at all during this stage, almost clipping some spectators on the snowy bit.
SS13 - I did a little better on this stage, but I am not on the ball today. Seems like I've knocked a wheel out of place, as the cars move in the opposite direction of the steering wheel when I'm hard on the brakes

SS14 - Tried to attack a bit, as I had a swede in a Seat just ahead of me in the standings, but I think I was overly aggressive as I did hit the wall a few times.
SS15 - I felt more at home on this stage, the level of commitment was at the right level. Attacked well on the tarmac, and pushed that little bit exttra on the snow - I left the stage with a good feeling inside the car :)
SS16 - Awesome stage! Full on attack, and it went well throughout. I am a lot more confident, having more fun in the dry than in the wet on this rally!
SS17 - It's a wrap! Full on attack on this one too, it felt like it was going quite fast. I was aiming for that greek Opel Manta that was a few seconds ahead of me before the stage, exciting to see how it ended!

I did overtake the Manta on the final stage, meaning that I have 7 cars ahead of me in my class in the overall standings, with 3 hours to go.
This means that I take some points for both me and the team, and that is really promising in the rally I feared the most before the season :)

First two days went pretty smoothly. I hate night stages so ended the first couple of stages in 160-something-th place. Day 2 saw me climb into the top 100 :)

Day three did not go well. On SS9 I took a big hit to the front end, but fortunately no massive loss of time.
And on SS10? Well...

20170129211516_1.jpg

Fml. At least Hinssy did well and hopefully got a nice result for the team!

Last edited:
Rally finished for me, I am actually quite happy with how everything went. I know that there are no random punctures in the game, but suddenly my co-driver told me "rear right is flat" and I was going in to a 5th gear left turn. I don't know what I hit, couldn't see anything on the replay either, so I naturally lost the car there, and hit the stone-wall quite hard, then had to do a 4-point turn to get going again. I think I lost 25 seconds-ish on that stage (SS7).
Other than that, I think it was a perfect rally for me. No mistakes, safe driving, and spent my time caring about the car rather than speed. Monte and Germany are my worst rallies by far, so this was more like a test event so see how much I could push before it started to wear out engine and gearbox :) I think I'll get some points out of it as well, which is always nice.
SS1
9F7jESu.png

SS17 - finish
uQ6xFwm.png

And of course, the standings between some 2WD- guys after SS15 @robt100 @RinusDirtRally @pjlee1998
XGF7POd.png

I guess I could write "thanks to the organizers" but that would be tooting my own horn, so thanks to all the drivers that have participated in this first round, and made it a historical event. Never, have so many taken part in any RD Championship event, not even when you include RDLMS. I am extremely humbled by it, and I hope that most of you find this fun enough to stick around for more rounds as well :)

3h - 3H people, let's get it done

Since I could not record my progress trough the stages I am going to leave you with one of my best attempts at Approche du Col de Turini - Montée(night, mist) - SS1

Enjoy, I surely didn't :). An epic just epic league and the will and desire to do good is so big, damn this crazy competition in 2WD- I thought I would have it easy.
I had literally no idea what the RDRC league would be like (it's my first time entering) and 2wd- has such awesome competition, I'm happy that I entered :)

pretty happy with my overall time here in Monte, I backed off in a few places I knew were usually trouble which helped me get to the end in one piece but I still spun twice and tapped a few rocks trying to get the group B monster S4 around the twisty hairpins on the stages at the end of day 2. Really enjoyable to drive for the most part though. Looking forward to see how I place overall as there's not many on xb1 to compare with. Can't wait for Rally Sweden now! :D

First update regarding total results with full names and such.
There are 89(!) unrecognized RaceNet names.
That means, there are 89 out of 331 drivers that started, who have changed nickname/signed up with wrong nickname. So now the first logic process start, check for errors from us in the crew, just a single wrong letter will cause this issue, so we'll go through it by ourselves first, and then we'll find out how many names we need to get corrected by the users here.

Oh well, let's focus on the positive. 331 starters! That's very good!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back