RDRC S4 Round 3 - Rally Mont Blanc (14th - 17th April)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cannot enter keeps telling me time is not synched when it sure as hell is :(
hugely frustrated, tried a dozen times, but too late to reboot the pc, that really sucks!!!
iRacing here I come.

will try to join the next club event just to see if it still doesn't work.

Wow my trousers are brown now.

First note is never ever ever do a tarmac rally without any prior running of RBR for the previous 7 days. It just doesn't work.
That twinned with the Mini's somewhat vague handbrake and hairpins every 100ft didn't come in handy. It did however have one saving grace in that it is made completely of lead and do when I hit the same tree fairly hard through Puy Du lac both times through it just drove on as though nothing had happened. A true life saver there.

The biggest surprise was no cfh's or DNFs for me. I really didn't expect that or the surge of pace I had in the last 4-5 stages of the rally.

I do not for one minute think I am anywhere near the top 3 or so in S2000 but hope to get some solid points from my outing. It ended up being really enjoyable to do, more so with my charge at the end. Thanks for the wonderful organisation once again trusty admin team and I will hopefully see everyone back on the stages next time out.

Oscar.

P.s - My rally world review for this round will be based on results once posted but I will look through this forum for some priceless quotes should any pop up.... (I am looking at you Roy ;) )

O boy........now i'm so tierd that i my body shaking. I still got fever so it was very hard to finish this rally. The last 4 stages i nearly give up but somehow i manage to get to the end.
The strange thing is that the rally was realy good for me i think i lost a little time on the 4 last stages and on SS 10 i had 2 spin, one i lost just a few sec but on the other i was staning the wrong way after i stoped and used a logn time to turn around cos the road was very narrow.
The rest of the stages was ok.
Thanks for a fun rally boys.

Well i found this rally quite tough. I'd only managed to run through the stages once so didn't have a great deal of experience beforehand, but Graham my team-mate had given me a good tarmac setup to work with so the Subaru actually felt the best i'd ever had it in RBR.

Like a few people, in ss1 i made a mistake at the first tricky left-hander through the hay-bales, and this knocke dthe nadling off, so ss2 was tricky and in ss3 i DNF'd due to a dodgy pace-note. SS4 & SS5 went quite well, but i was caught out again by SS6. Felt good in SS7- i'd be disappointed if my time isn't competitive through there!

In the remaining stages i managed to DNF twice, once was another badly pace-noted turn, while the other was me pushing like crazy. To make matters worse, in SS14 i hit some sort of invisible bollard which cost me a lot of time, but thankfully no DNF. Amazingly, both runs through Peklo went well, especially the 2nd.

Overall, my poorest rally yet, but on the up-side i've got lots to learn about tarmac in RBR still. I'm quite looking forward to getting back to gravel now!

I won't upload my replays yet, don't think it'll be necessary this time!

Thanks Senad/Warren/Rick/Pete for setting this up

Round 3 Provisional Results

Overall

6GVnC.png

A-RDRC

XlBX6.png

S-RDRC

pEem5.png

P-RDRC

sNveC.png

2-RDRC

v2Pux.png

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Didn't care about blowing the res up on RBR, so, it get's a bit small :p
Anyway, the Renault is great fun, as long as there are no hairpins, or 90-degrees...

Have you tried kicking the clutch like the drifting-boys? I have a reflex to press the clutch when I do handbrake turns, but I drive a 4WD and I do use the keyboard, so this is nothing more than just a thought ;)

EDIT: Apparently you were 5 seconds away from winning the 2WD so I don't think you need my advice :)

Round 3 Provisional Results

Overall and Class results will be posted on the first page of this thread shortly.

Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

Saw some stage times for the Lyon Stage of 4 minutes sometimes 8. Don't know if that's the default time for retiring or if someone really took that long to finish the stage, which is hard for me to believe. Thought I'd let you know.

Thanks again to you and Rick and Warren and Damien and Roy and Pete! (and anybody else I might have missed)

Overall and class results posted on the first page: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...ont-blanc-14th-17th-april.48936/#post-1095454

Saw some stage times for the Lyon Stage of 4 minutes sometimes 8. Don't know if that's the default time for retiring or if someone really took that long to finish the stage, which is hard for me to believe. Thought I'd let you know.
Ah, yes, wanted to hurry and get the results out, forgot to check.
Some stages give out different default times depending on whether the driver retired on the stage, or skipped it. I will edit it.

Thanks again to you and Rick and Warren and Damien and Roy and Pete! (and anybody else I might have missed)
Pete has decided to retire, the rest can be thanked :D

Have you tried kicking the clutch like the drifting-boys? I have a reflex to press the clutch when I do handbrake turns, but I drive a 4WD and I do use the keyboard, so this is nothing more than just a thought ;)

EDIT: Apparently you were 5 seconds away from winning the 2WD so I don't think you need my advice :)

I use auto-clutch. Then clutching doesn't have any use ;) I could use a brick on the clutch to keep it at 100%, nothing happens ;)

Ye, that cfh ruined my chance to get an overall point. However, Marques had a retired stage :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 215 14.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.7%