RDRC S4 Round 10 - Rally of Wales (20th - 23rd October)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In bad conditions on the loose, braking with FWD is tough. The brakes have a panic attack if the pedal is more than 30% depressed. I try to fix this by not only (most importantly) change my driving, but reduce the front pressure and lower the rear pressure. This causes understeer which requires me to slow down more with requires more braking. The moral of my boring rant is that improving one's driving is the best solution to overcome driving challenges. Last round of the season, here we go!

SS1: Not good, didn't get my mind into it yet.
SS2: It would've been a good time if I hadn't overshot a junction.
SS3: It didn't look damp to me but the tires made it seem that way. I didn't find it that bad though, just a poor driving error from me.
SS4: Another "what if?" stage; two errors.
SS5: This went pretty well. Grip was better than expected.
SS6: Better run, but something bad happened at the end. It didn't ask to save the replay, so all hope of a 4th consecutive victory was lost. I then vowed to just set lots of good times because I can.
SS7: Never done this stage in bad condition before. Normally this is a very slippery stage. Way better than expected. I could stamp on the brakes, lock up my wheels, and continue pointing straight.
SS8: Mistakes, not good time.
SS9: Tough stage, bump bottomed out my car, half spin, my fault for sure.
SS10: Better, but some poor driving.
SS11: Much better. In the zone now of all times
SS12: Better, but not good
SS13: Good time I think
SS14: Last stage of the season, gotta win it! I always get wild at the last corner. I've made it a tradition to handbrake it back into line after I finish the stage! :D

This might be my worst RDRC rally yet, and since I didn't get the replay of that one, short stage, my results don't count no matter what so unless Ole competes and Sion at least start the event, he will be the champ. At least my car's in one piece.

I had fun racing, good luck all!

Senad Subasic: Decided to have a go in the OC2 session, unfortunately went off the road at low speed after maybe 5 corners and broke the gearbox. Since I did not cross the first split, is it ok if I start the rally in another session? Only remembered this on the road section before stage 2, so I Alt+F4 the game, although it shows 89% on rsCenter, don't know why.

Senad Subasic: Decided to have a go in the OC2 session, unfortunately went off the road at low speed after maybe 5 corners and broke the gearbox. Since I did not cross the first split, is it ok if I start the rally in another session? Only remembered this on the road section before stage 2, so I Alt+F4 the game, although it shows 89% on rsCenter, don't know why.
Yup, all is good, you can drive in another session.

Demmit, driving Ok, then on ss10 I hit a tree on the top of the wee hill, past the last bend, 10m from the finish..... Engine dead, but CFH to top of the hill, stuck in 3rd gear, couldnt even roll down the hill to the end. Retired with 6 min penalty. Doh.

Loved the driving though, brilliant! Who would of thought Rain and Dusk would be so moody and intense. Favourite rally of the year for me.

And for the last post race of thanks for the year:

Thanks to everyone for a great time. Some brilliant races, some fantastic new drivers. No aliens anymore, just a bunch of talented pilots.. Next year should be imense, I cant wait .

Special thanks to the team who volunteer their time to make this work. Gents I really appreciate your efforts. You all showed true professionalism, unbelievable patience, ("I am really sorry, but I signed up for EU1 and I wanna do EU2... is that ok?") and grace under pressure. Well done. Hats off to you!

Lastly a mention of Rick whos is sadly stepping down from RDRC Championship Director, superb job Sir, many thanks and again, well done!

jc

Great, after a long time i went RBR'ing again. But after today I remember why i didn't drive RBR the past months.

First my stages:

Wet gravel tyres:
SS1: Good stage, maybe to carefull, but hey, the 206 was free of damage at the finish ;)
SS2; After a 90 degree right turn, on a strange way, my car had a fight with the bridge that was there...my car ended up with a broken engine...i was not very happy haha ;)
SS3: Good and fast stage for me, no big mistakes.

Intermediate gravel tyres (oops):
SS4: Driving it faster than SS1, taking more risks, costed me a spin, almost hit a tree while that happened. Still a faster time than SS1.
SS5: Good stage, i was very carefull at every bridge on the stage this time ;)
SS6: Very good and fast for me, faster time than SS3.
SS7: First lap to carefull, after that it was a good stage.

Wet gravel tyres:
SS8: This stage went very well, no mistakes!
SS9: This was one of the stages i practised a lot, because i didn't know it so well. But the stage went well.

And there ended my rally...after the finish of SS9, RBR freezed in the "End Race" screen. That's before you can save the replay...anyone got a solution? Again i was not happy.

I have made a clean install of RSRBR this morning according to their tutorials, and that depannage thingy says that all files are allright

SS 01 - went for Intermediate tires. Wasn't that bad, quite enjoyable actually. Except for a significant lack of grip. Had a couple of hairy moments, but nothing worth a fail video. Was a bit slower than the top guys, but that is what usually happens anyway.
SS 02 - okayish. Wasn't sure about some parts of the stage, so braked just before it opened up, and stuff like that.
SS 03 - haha, totally messed up this one. I don't know the standard Rally School stage, let alone in reverse :roflmao:

SS 04 - oh, that was a bad one. Went off somewhere in the middle, and then a spin on one of the 90 degree corners after.
SS 05 - quite bad. Should've gone with wet tires in this stint. Still, no damage, that's good.
SS 06 - bad bad bad. Spun on the first corner. Perhaps my rotation is a bit too high. The rest of the stage was like my grandma driving, please don't even bother checking this for cutting :D
SS 07 - not bad. Surprising amounts of grip. Had issues with one corner on every pass, LOL.

SS 08 - first big crash of the rally, at the straight part in the middle. The car seems to be going straight, phew.
SS 09 - uh oh, steam at the start... But finished the stage somehow, despite flying off the side of the mountain...
SS 10 - engine finally died... 1 metre before the yellow squares at the end. Really?

Well, that was a bag of mixed farts for me >_>

I chose intermediates for the first leg as I never get much
traction on harwood anyway as its so technical, and shepherd
shield/rally school are quick fast stages so I need to save the
traction for them.

SS1: Was going great until I had an AVG security popup minimize the game :mad::mad: made me retire as i can bring the game back for some reason.
SS2: Good rhythm, managed to keep it on the road, even if it says in the results that I retired. This is wrong! and I have the replay to prove it D
SS3: Got quite bumpy over the water splashes, so ended up with quite a slow time. Still says retired... dunno why.
SS4: Running wets for leg 2, as versme can get extremely slippy
and shepherds is a quick stage. Very quick through that stage I feel, great rhythm.
SS5: Great stage, quite a hairy moment on the first bridge, but managed to take out the session stage win :D
SS6: Slow as usual through school II, don't know the reverse stage well so I managed to cock up a few corners.
SS7: Slippy as all hell, so applied the possum bourne technique of backing it in and standing on it :p
SS8: Took wets this leg as the stage that needs to most traction possible is chirdonhead. Ok stage, could have done much better, but took it slow as it was quite slippy.
SS9: Sweet Lamb. Definitely one for the outtakes reel. Could the stage get any more bumpier? Fell off twice and lost 10sec at the hairpin. Probably because I was pushing too hard and forgot how bad the stage is road wise.
SS10: Good rhythm until i spun on the second to last corner >_>
SS11: Chose Intermediates for the last leg, same as everybody else I'm guessing. High speed spin halfway through the stage lost me some time, but might as well keep going and try to keep the car in one piece.
SS12: Tried to conserve the car through the stage, and almost did it, if one corner wasnt so slippery. Brakes locked up and I went off anyway, even though I was about 30-50m away.
SS13: Was going well until the car randomly stops about 200m from the finish. Didn't fall off the stage or anything. Very realistic :(
SS14: Was ok, didn't retire but according to RSCenter again I did.

Would have been a great rally if my pc didn't decide to be an ass to me, and I didn't push to make up for lost time. There goes my podium hopes :(
What did I learn from this rally?
1. I know I can set some good times when I put my mind to it (and when the pc decides to play ball)
2. Cars randomly dying in the middle of the stage are a pain in the ass.

Anyway. Good luck to all who are yet to compete. Well deserved to whoever wins.

Also, if I was to drive in another session, can I use a different car (like a wrc or something) ?
Considering it wont be counted.

To bad but....retire ?!?!?! No way...you should drive to the end. Timo and Jani had great fight till ss5 when Jani retire. But he didn`t abort.
Ah, I get annoyed easily :D. Wasn't going according to plans anyway.

SS14: Was ok, didn't retire but according to RSCenter again I did.
When you retire on one stage, you're listed as retired until the next service.

Also, if I was to drive in another session, can I use a different car (like a wrc or something) ?
Considering it wont be counted.
Yes, free to drive for everyone in anything.

Jack, if you have problem with AVG minimaze your RBR there are two ways (as i know) to solve that.
First is that you run RBR in "Windowed mode" so when AVG pops you can easy maximize your RBR window.
Second is that you turn your AVG security off when playing.
Third (did i sad TWO WAYS????) is that (if running Win7) uninstall AVG and install some other antivirus software. I`m using Microsoft Security Essentials, it`s free, it`s awsome antivirus software and most inportant, it does not kill my RBR with popouts.

Will do Senad.
Emil, I have no idea how to run it windowed, and not too sure if it lags or not.
I ended up turning off AVG protection while playing, no problems after that :)
I'll try Microsoft Security Essentials also.
Thanks for the advice :D

Go to "RichardBurnsRally.ini" and in line "Full screen = True" change to "Full screen = false" and thats all. Then if you have problem with picture like...you dont have letters but startup screen yes, then you need to play around with resolution in RBR (it depens on monitor you have). If you dont get what you expect you can easy write back "Full screen = True". Hope this will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back