RDRC S4 Round 10 - Rally of Wales (20th - 23rd October)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think AVG has game mode or something?
I'll also fiddle with the notification things.
Not that it matters now, my session got ruined anyway :p
But thanks or all the help guys, I'll spend some time playing around.

DAMN!!!!!!!!! I forget to save ss13!!!!!!!

No :( You were on fire mate. I gave everything in the final 3 stages and although I didn't see the overall results at the end I presume that you held your lead.

Away from that. Probably the best, most intense rally that I have ever participated in. There must have been 5 of us in the S-2000 class battling hammer and tong every stage only losing a couple of contenders towards the end. I couldn't quite beat Emil and didn't see the outcome with Roy's times but I made only small mistakes here and there with no real time lost. (A maximum of 20 seconds rally wide). I really left nothing on the plate there. The tyres felt good, the car felt good and I was pushing from near enough the word go.

Shame to see Andrew and Viesturs suffer from non-finishes (not that Andrew need worry about that). But the fight and the pace was stunning from the S-class today. A brilliant and climatic end to what seems to have been a fantastic season.

Oscar.

SS01 - Okay start, taking it safe.
SS02 - Felt good, and the times wre awfully close here. This rally will be a nailbiter!
SS03 - Driving in the middle of the road, but it obviously was not fast enough.

SS04 - Taking the wrong tyres, so I had to push like a maniac to grab time where I can. A very good time for me this one :)
SS05 - Feared that I would loose more time than I did on this one. But that was reeeeeaaally slippery :p
SS06 - Still in the middle of the road, and still too slow.
SS07 - Okay run, this is really going to be a battle about seconds all the way :)

SS08 - Took it steady, so easy to go off on this stage, specially in the wet.
SS09 - Felt it was fast, the time told me otherwise. Still leading the class, but only just.
SS10 - Almost went backwards into the ditch by the second bridge, lost a lot of time getting it going in the right direction again.

SS11 - Max attack on the stages I know now, I want that win!
SS12 - Bounced off the road and into spectators within the final kilometer... GAH!
SS13 - Hit a tree towards the end of the stage and lost some time.
SS14 - Finished with a boom. Hit the post at the finishline and flipped over the line.

Again disappointed by my own lack of ability to bring the car in on a high pace on rallies longer than 3 stages, but the result in the end was quite good. Seemed like both the RMI-Peugeots went out at almost the same spot on Sweet Lamb there.

Well done to Andrew, Emil and Oscar for an entertaining evening, the battle for the lead was really intense all the way up to the final run at Sweet Lamb :)

Congrats Fernando You take the Championship with excellent driving:thumbsup:.
I had a very bad end to this seasson with a blown engine on stage 2 after i hit a stone. Then on SS 6 i jumped right back to RS center at the start of the stage. but my rally was already over so it doesen't matter. I drove the rest of the rally with no concentration and did a lot of mistakes.
Not the end i wanted but the best driver won
Thanks for a good season everybody!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that was good fight Oscar. I made 1 big and 2 small mistakes. at SS4 Harwood i smash one judge and get penalty, Spin one time at SS5 Sheperd and one time at SS8 Chirdonhead. SS9 Sweet Lamb bite my steering when i hit the log 100 meter after start. All the rush to get back to fight took my focus from saving ss13 so i expect some penalty for that but nevermind..i`ll pay more attention in the next session. Great rally guys, great fight, i had great time chasing with you.
Bye. C

My hopes are very high on this final round with the Battle of Britain medal hanging on my rear view mirror. I planned to do the rally on a much later session to have more time to set the car but since this is a tittle decider between me and Magnar I've decided to just drive with him in the same session so at least the fight would be fair and square for both of us. (although it's a bit disadvantage for me since this session is not my suitable time and had to sacrifice, but it's worth it :))

On the first stage I tried to build some gap and I managed to achieve it, on the 2nd stage I did the same pace, but unfortunately Magnar had some trouble showing in the first split and then retired later. After that there was no point for me to take any unnecessary risk, my goal at that point was to just finish the rally and I'm glad I did it with no major problems.

It was also nice driving with the S2000 guys :thumbsup:, somehow those cars are very fast on England's wet stages :confused:.

Thanks all :).

It was an awesome race. Had a nice start and it was a battle for second i guess for first. All the s2000 tops were there. Nice one. Emil u are fast man. And Oscar and viestus and Roy me all gave each other some difficult moments. I decided to push and i went off with 100 meter to finish. Damn.. thanks for all organizers. Good luck to all congrats Fernando u rock. Congrats Emil..

Tnx man. I`m looking forward for next session to fight with you and others in S2000. Hope you guys will stay in that class. Chasing "ghosts" and driving on the limit in one hand, and waiting for some of you to make mistake in other, can be very gruelling. 156% of concentration is needed to even finish the rally. For some better result 156% is not enough when the class is so tough.

• Deleted member 950

Cong. to all winners and drivers this season. Sadly I was too late to join the season (and ruined myself in rally club) :)
Still busy on the way making a new semi-fictional track and new skins but likely getting on my ride next season. Through my wheel is still on the factory but never mind I think.

(BTW, I would request a graded rally, if possible next Monday's EU Time?)

P.S. Unless any issue (maybe Team issue) occurs, likely getting my Itashas out from the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back