RDRC S4 Round 1 - Rally of Norway (3rd March - 6th March 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very happy and satisfied with my performance in this season opener.

I pushed hard in the first 6 stages (not much on Peklo) to build a good lead and I managed to do that, so in the next stages I just cruised and observed the other class A guys see if they could catch up and I will push again, but I'm still in a good lead so I just maintained it easy and consistent til the last stage. Not sure though if Nigel catches up in the last 2 stages, my RS Center went offline after Nigel's first split on SS13 so only you Nigel can confirm it :D.

Thanks All!

Looks like i`m still learning how to drive with glasses, in practise i used my old glasses. then i switched to my newer pair which was a bad move :(

SS1. Didn`t feel to comfortable, but thought it was just nerves. did a cleanish run but a few seconds of what i wanted.
SS2. Still not feeling at ease, took this stage very cautiously and my time reflected that.
SS3. Now the Marmite stage, which i Love :D. and a nice clean cautious run made me feel a bit better.

SS4. Quiet happy with my run this time, now the fog had lifted.
SS5. Another disappointing run, just couldn't find my rhythm.
SS6. After giving my self a pep talk, i decided i needed to attack the stages more, so much happier with my second run through Peklo

SS7. My eyes got a bit of a rest here in the dark and i really enjoyed my run.
SS8. Not my fastest time and made a few mistakes, but thankfully nothing to bad.
SS9. By now my eyes where starting to bug me, think i know what snow blindness is now :) I went a bit wide a drove through a bush and i had steam hissing from my rad, so with another stage to run i took it really easy and prayed it would finish.
SS10. One more stage to go before service and at the start the steam was still hissing everywhere, so i took it really easy, keeping it in a high gear and not going flatout and managed to finish.

SS11. Final 4 stages, i switched specs and instantly felt better and crossed the finish with a nice smile :)
SS12. Thought i had done a good stage, but my time wasen`t very good :(
SS13. Must be getting tired now as again i thought i had done a good run, but again the time was slow and equal to my first run.
SS14. the final stage and so far 100% Rallies finished, so took no chances and brought it to the finish in one piece.

Overall really happy with my result considering how much practise i put in last season and being without a wheel for 10 weeks :)

Very well done to Fernando, he bravely pushed from the start and finished 27 secs in front, but he didn`t have it all his own way regarding stage wins ;)

Huge thanks to all the RDRC staff (gives self a pat on the back as well).

I will be posting round 2 either tonight or tomorrow lunch time, so keep em peeled :D

Thanks to the organizers for this rally. I liked Chirdonhead and Peklo in snow.

I was Ok with first two stages until SS3 where I hit a concrete pole on the side of the road 1km from the finish. I didn't see it behind some bushes and as I turned tight in the bend I saw it to late. As I looked to the right to see what that gray thing is when all around is white I think I followed my eyes and that's why I couldn't react in time to avoid it. :eek:

Engine could start but I lost power and over 4 minutes of time after my retirement.
I was furious and disappointed at that moment but managed to suppress it by grate driving on the second day of the rally.

Norbert was in front of me by three and a half minutes during OC2 session in N4 class. With others having trouble I new I could lose a motivation and that way more overall time. So I was on a mission to overtake him in last 5 stages. I almost succeeded finishing 7 sec behind.

At the end I did have smile on my face because I didn't have any CFH and I had some close times with two photographers and a tree that could have ended it for sure. :D

I see you won the session and probablly the Rally and I'm very happy for that Fernando! big congratulations and thanks for winning the team's first event, I'm sorry I wasn't able to be next to you, I made a little mistake and lost a lot of time, still I think we can manage some good team points too. Congratulations man! let's do another win for the team in Australia ok? hehe. Good run

Very well done to Fernando, he bravely pushed from the start and finished 27 secs in front, but he didn`t have it all his own way regarding stage wins

Oh no, he'll share them with me ;)

Looks like I'll have to bail on this event. Unfortunately, something came up. Just so I know for next time, is it possible to jump in a different session than the one signed up for. If I get an opening for an earlier day, I could run it then & get it done.

Thanks to the organizers anyway.

my race was pretty good. and unnoticeable on the standings i had a internet problem which happened not to send oneof my stage times to the server. but i had all my times sent. for the clean run i had. i think i won the s2000 class on EU3, i see the mini coopers were flying like hell. i had a clean run. no CFH. no retirement. just some few offs and i was very slow on Peklo. is one of my unfavoured stage on rbr to me . i just hate peklo. i think im in a good position. now cant wait for the Gravel Action..i can smell a few points on this one.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53287323/Paul_Newton_rdrc_s4_r1_replays.zip I'll post this here to make sure my times get counted. Because I had a pretty good run worthy of recording.

Sorry if I missed the discussion, but why was Mlynky scratched and Peklo kept? Peklo runs very poorly on my system but Mlynky is solid (and more enjoyable on top of it).

My run was clean and fun. Peklo was slow but that seems to be the only way to run it. I did have a problem with overheating in the last few stages and I don't know why. Halfway through SS12 my water temp light came on despite never leaving the road and never went off for the rest of the rally. The engine held together though and I finished with a couple of spins that I'm going to go ahead and blame on the blinking light breaking my concentration and not my lack of skill.

DON'T EDIT
I edited it for a reason. 15 high resolution images, over 1MB each, is too much to load and scroll through.
If you can't put thumbnails, it will have to be links.

Sorry if I missed the discussion, but why was Mlynky scratched and Peklo kept? Peklo runs very poorly on my system but Mlynky is solid (and more enjoyable on top of it).
Mlynky is buggy and crashes for people.

Found a couple of drivers with stage times listed as "in progress". If you want them corrected, you'll have to send in a screenshot/HTML file for that stage:

tantragna - SS11
Nommie - SS1

Okay, so:

WOOOOOO!!

No retired stages, I'll put that down as chosing the right car. The Lancer X fits me it seems, planted and calm under braking.

As for the Rally with short thoughts:

Peklo Snow R R1: Went straight off at sharp corner and went partially down the hill. Luckily, I managed to reverse out losing 20 seconds.

Peklo Snow R, R2: I came round for a hairpin, braked, but that caused my front to lock and I careered towards the trees...

Luckily, I also flew towards the people that stood there, so the game CFH'd and stopped the game before I hit anything.

I went down the hill a second time, once again, I managed to climb out.

I went off here and there, had some funny ways to take hairpins, but it was overall my best rally so far:)

During Mustaselka II, I thought I saw Ronald McDonald, but it must have been a hallucination... The colour of the clothes were so similiar.

Can't tell where I'll end up in the results, I just did what I could, I didn't even practice some stages.

Btw: What happens if you get a false start? Does the time you started too early get added to the time of the stage or you get a pre-determined time penalty(E.g. 10 seconds)?

Really enjoyed the rally, but as I said, it wouldn't have been as much fun without the Evo X:D

I see you won the session and probablly the Rally and I'm very happy for that Fernando! big congratulations and thanks for winning the team's first event, I'm sorry I wasn't able to be next to you, I made a little mistake and lost a lot of time, still I think we can manage some good team points too. Congratulations man! let's do another win for the team in Australia ok? hehe. Good run

Oh no, he'll share them with me ;)

Yawn, there you go again with your one track mind

FYI, i was refering (as most do) to the session i ran in :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Better structured forum