RDRC - Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link, Aaron. I've always set the FOV manually, using the boards at the start as a refference. The 2nd part of the linked post is even better, I finally know how can I change the digidash to my preference despite the anticheat, neat.

Glad I could help!

Just to note, for whatever reason, even with the key to reset the FOV unmapped, I somehow find my FOV reset. So I started adding the correct settings as a comment in the ini file. When it happens I just copy and paste my values back in.

Example:

FOVX = 2
FOVY = 1
; The values below are commented out.
; To use them, just overwrite the values above and remove the semicolons.
;FOVX = 2
;FOVY = 0.833

Guys,

I have started the video of the League's first rally.

If there are any more replays, please email them to me as soon as you can so I can include them. At this stage I have 8 sets and not all of those have posted skins they'd like to have used in the videos. While there is a lot of work to do, there is also plenty of time and I have spread my work load out quite a lot to make sure it gets done and done properly.

So ... any more replays, please select your own replays with good bits/ bad bits/ why did i bother bits and feel free to send them to elmomarty@bigpond.com

Cheers

Update on the video of the 1st Rally.

All replays, some 30 +, now converted and ready for editing. Some great moments coming up and all the different skins look great. I guess the big question is going to be ... Which driver got distracted by the buxom female in the tent at the end of the Pribram stage ? Which car is it, that despite being the runt of the litter, looks so surprisingly stable and is therefore so deceptively quick it isn't funny ?

Glenn, you really need a skin for that car of yours :)

Editing to start in the next day or so. If anyone has not sent replays and would still like to, please do.

. I guess the big question is going to be ... Which driver got distracted by the buxom female in the tent at the end of the Pribram stage ?

Well, we know it wasn't Senad, he didn't get that far on both attempts. :tongue:
Mind though, had he known she was there, he would no doubt have driven veeeery carefully just to meet her. :wink:

I'd love to John, but I know nothing about skinning in RBR, and more to the point, I couldn't find a template for the ugliest car in the league.

However, I do take great pleasure in knowing that the Renault makes spectators vomit as soon as it rounds the bend!

Hi guys, was wondering if someone could point me towards ' a complete idiots guide to editing skins ' Have a skin I want to use for the League rallies and want to change a couple of things. I know if I asked or begged I could probably get someone to do it for me but I'd like to try and do some of it at least myself.

While i want to change a number of things I am happy to to start small and do the names on the side windows. My main issue with that so far seems to be when I am filling in the names on the rgb part of the external transparent dds I can never ever get the colours of the windows just right, it always seems darker and plain than the area surrounding it. I think I might be missing something reasonably simple but am not sure and want to do this right.

I get the bit about filling in the old name on the alpha channel but after that I am lost. Please be gentle, I am a noob at this and am trying to learn.

I have photoshop and the plugin required.

Cheers

My main issue with that so far seems to be when I am filling in the names on the rgb part of the external transparent dds I can never ever get the colours of the windows just right, it always seems darker and plain than the area surrounding it. I think I might be missing something reasonably simple but am not sure and want to do this right.

Noob also, no idea what I'm doing, but I painted over the whole window with white in the alpha channel, I think that worked.

And LOL Warren. Actually I did meet her in my offline attempts before the rally, very pleasant lady.

Noob also, no idea what I'm doing, but I painted over the whole window with white in the alpha channel, I think that worked.

The alpha channel determines the level of transparency; white is completely opaque and black completely transparent. Once you have the RGB layer as you want it, Ctrl click the layer thumbnail to select the non transparent portions (i.e. text and flag), then swap over to the alpha layer and fill the selection with white (Shift+Backspace).

Wow Senad, that good fortune must be the result of clean living and "Lady Luck" smiling on you. At the speed at that section of track it is nothing short of as "miracle" that you survived that one with little lost time. :eek:

BTW, that dangerous section of new Bob's gets me nearly every time, maybe I should follow your line there??? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back