RDHGP S2 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
tc65clubchamp.jpg
View attachment 3690
RaceDepartment proudly announces the second season of the TC65 league in SimBin's GT Legends: The RaceDeparment TC 65 Racing Club Championship or RDTC65.

In eight rounds drivers can battle for the overall win, keeping to the League Regulations of 2008 and keeping a close eye on the code of the Racing Club.

The championship is not exclusively for Racing Club members, but should nonetheless act a quality promotion of the Racing Club.

To join you must simply sign up to the RD Single Drivers team in the RDTC65 at RD GPCOS. Click here and simply select 'RD Single Drivers' below RDTC65. No other teams are allowed.

Make sure you creat a GT Legends profile with your REAL NAME and make sure you add it to your RD GPCOS User Profile. Click here to change your GTL name in the RD GPCOS User Profile.

Download the RDTC65 League Format 2008 HERE!

Well, once again, my race followed an all too familiar pattern in Leagues.
Qualified OK in P5.

Managed to hold P5 for the first lap and was hopeful that I had survived the first lap for once. However on lap 2, approaching turn 6, I was hit from behind by David Cuthill (yet again :rolleyes: ) which sent me into the wall and then bogged in the sand. After eventually digging it out, I was second last and everyone had disappeared. Had a few nice laps with Hans, but after that it was a very lonely race, just circulating with a damaged car, but picking up places as I went, partly due to people having off's. The pit stop went ok, so I came out about P9, behind David Cuthill. However I then watched him punt Andy in front, sending them both off track, allowing me to move to P8 with Jerome closing in with his Falcon. This was the only enjoyable part of my race as we had a great battle, I was quicker on the bends but he had me down the two straights. With two laps to go my fuel light came on which distracted me a bit, so I made a small mistake and Jerome was gone. I cruised the last lap slowly to conserve fuel and finished P9, and no points.

Grats to Peter for the win, and thanks to all who raced, nice to see so many in GTL.

Yes, that 22-man server felt good.

I started off as 7th. I had pretty much done with that car what I could and it got a 1.24.7. I was happy. Even though I managed to do a 1.24.3 early on in the race, while drafting behind Ben.

What I didn't realise was that I would be able to rocket away from the rest a the start. I laughed my arse of as I went 7 -> 1 before the first corner. From there on I tried to get a lead, but Ben seemed faster and got hold of me at Goddards, so I followed him for a while. Then Ben spun right into teh pitlane and I was off to make lead-lap streak and go +1 point for that, unfortunately my pitcrew was out to lunch, so I coudl not make the mandatory pitstop. After two tries I gave up and decided to break the rule and finish without the mandatory pitstop.

Note to self Practise that Stop for Dijon.

Well guys, see you at Dijon. I guess I won't be that competative there. It's one huge straight and the rest of the lap is sheer survival. :cool:

Not so good Quali my old rick begin to stutter a bit with so many people on the track.
I think 21 place,after the start it went wrong in the 4 corner Hansje came to the right good not avoid him so he went flying and I went in to the grass.

Try to do a steady race some little mistakes Pit in lap 16 went good was on place 17 or 18.

Suddenly in lap 22 or so get a DQ I think of missing a S/G with I did not see,
so a little disappointed that I not finish the race ,because that happens not often.

But as always I had lots of fun .nice field of good racers:thumb:

So till the next race, Hans

Wish I'd been in. Still got to sort my connection out.

I was doing some laps at Donington National last night in the Alfa, while you were all having fun racing each other - I am ringing it's neck and on a perfect lap I'm getting 1:25.131 - can't go faster, I'd love to know what you guys have done to get into the 24's and 23's.

Where can I see a list of lap times from the race ?

Got to say I was a little disappointed last night both with my own performance and some of the driving - not the friendliest I've seen at RD:rolleyes: I've had a sleep on it and viewed the replay a few times and most I can see as racing moments, one incident I can't, but no point dwelling on it:)

Most of the race I spent pretty much on my own, making mistakes here and there but generally kept pointing forwards:wink: Pit stop went without a hitch, though I maybe could have stayed out longer and took advantage of being lighter. I even lapped a few folk towards the end, even finally got to overtake Andy on track (made sure I finished the race before cracking open a beer:D)

Won't be at Dijon next week due to working the night shift but will be back for Hockenheim and every one thereafter (annual leave agreements permitting.) Have fun next time.

Simon.

Qualification: Grats Andreas, great time! P2 for me, better than I expected.

Race: As usual, a very bad start from me. I lost some position, but it wasn't too hard to get back. Then Sam hit me in T1, lost some position again. I pushed really hard -> P4, running after Sam. I think, I am the guy mentioned by Sam in Copse situation, but I think (and after I saw the replay) it wasn't my fault. I was at your side (inside), and in a case like this, you can't turn into a corner like nobody is there. P3, 6s behind Yoeri and Ben. After few laps I reached them. Ben made a mistake, P2, close to Yoeri. I think, I was faster, but he closed my way at braking points really well, and at accleration I had no chance to pass him, so changed my strategy. Stay out as long as possible, and run under 1:25, to build up enough gap. It stays only a theory, due to Yoeri's out. In the last few laps Sam passed me. I didn't really force the fight on cold tires, Sam was faster, but at the end I was lucky, P1. The first P1 in a Racing League :)

Grats all!

[sorry, my english isn't on the top]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 6 25.0%