RDHGP S2 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
tc65clubchamp.jpg
View attachment 3690
RaceDepartment proudly announces the second season of the TC65 league in SimBin's GT Legends: The RaceDeparment TC 65 Racing Club Championship or RDTC65.

In eight rounds drivers can battle for the overall win, keeping to the League Regulations of 2008 and keeping a close eye on the code of the Racing Club.

The championship is not exclusively for Racing Club members, but should nonetheless act a quality promotion of the Racing Club.

To join you must simply sign up to the RD Single Drivers team in the RDTC65 at RD GPCOS. Click here and simply select 'RD Single Drivers' below RDTC65. No other teams are allowed.

Make sure you creat a GT Legends profile with your REAL NAME and make sure you add it to your RD GPCOS User Profile. Click here to change your GTL name in the RD GPCOS User Profile.

Download the RDTC65 League Format 2008 HERE!

So I think in GTL there is no real blue flag like in GTR2. In your hud display you can find a little blue led light (left side of the screen). This is the blue flag. The yellow flag works the same way.

I don't like racing with the name tags too, so I put this option on a button on my wheel. Sometimes it is very useful.

Secondary thoughts, after reading the posts and reviewing some of the the incidents in replay, it would appear that some folks are a bit too eager to claim positions at any cost but I will only reply to those that named me as culprit.

@ Peter, I will admit to the contact at T1/L2, a lockup under brakes faux pas by myself caused it, I did say sorry to acknowledge my mistake but that does not excuse it. The incident at Copse was a bit less cut and dried though, I left a little room up the inside because I knew you were close on the inside but even turning to look you were not visible, so I'm sorry for cutting across so I could make the corner but you were barely past my B pillar when contact was made and I saw it as a 50/50 incident at the time but without a sorry in chat from you it would seem you read it as my fault and still do, fine by me, but don't expect me to allow myself to be run over and bad mouthed in public afterwards without a response.

@Andreas, I did not, nor would I, block or weave at anytime, I will defend, as I did, by taking up a position on track well in advance of a corner to make it as hard as possible for a following driver to pass, as anyone would/should do, and I would expect to be treated the same way, sorry you think differently.

Sam

Hi all,
It was a beautiful race. My qualifications were not very good =>20ème.

At the beginning I lost 1 place, then I followed a group and I gained some positions due to the accident in front of me.
A beautiful battle began with Jerome, it doubles me then I catch up with him until the pit. My pit stop was shorter, which enabled me to pass by again in front of to the finishing line. Fortunately because it was faster than me.

Grats Peter and the podium.

See you at Dijon.

@ Peter, I will admit to the contact at T1/L2, a lockup under brakes faux pas by myself caused it, I did say sorry to acknowledge my mistake but that does not excuse it. The incident at Copse was a bit less cut and dried though, I left a little room up the inside because I knew you were close on the inside but even turning to look you were not visible, so I'm sorry for cutting across so I could make the corner but you were barely past my B pillar when contact was made and I saw it as a 50/50 incident at the time but without a sorry in chat from you it would seem you read it as my fault and still do, fine by me, but don't expect me to allow myself to be run over and bad mouthed in public afterwards without a response.

It's far away from me to write any bad line about you. I never use the chat during the qual and the race, because in the hungarian racing series it is prohibited and right after the race i didn't know that you were in front of me.

So Sam, big sorry too and agree with the 50/50. Hope I see you in Dijon, and I'll have the chance to fight with you again.

Had some very close and very fair fights with garry lennon which made the race really promising - but then i lost control of my car - went off and couldn't rejoin to the track cause i had no engine anymore... ??? never had that before - quite interesting...
Evo 9 - it could be that it was me who touched you in the first corner ... my epologies for that ...

NP Peter, thanks for the reply, I now understand the no comment and hope you will excuse my chat remark after the incident because I thought you were uncaring, see you at Dijon I hope, ;-)) the hope is from my part as there are things (my lungs, lol) that conspire to keep me away from racing that I have little control over, hehe

Sam

after reviewing the replay i now know that i got hit by harald schneller. harald i made a clean pass on you in the 1st corner then you hit me . i could have saved it if you slowed down but you didn't slow down and made me spun and start all over again from last place. that move by you destroyed my race and i think was unfair.we all make mistakes and during the race i also hit szabo and andi. i immidietly slowed down' let them pass me appolegized and then rejoined. plz next time pay more attention :thumb:
after all we all race here to win in a fair fight :amen:

Pitstop

I have a question to the pitstop.
It s written that we must fill up fuel and change tyres.

Q.: Have we to chang all tyres or only the front or rear tyres ?

I think i have lost much time last race in pit because i change all four tyres and others like Sam i think only the front.
We was in same time before pit and after he was about 10 sec in front of me.

Evo - my apologies for that - slowing down would have caused some more people to crash ... for the first corner perhaps not the best solution
I tried to do a fair and clean race which i guess i always (ok ... in most cases) do...
so i hope to meet you on the track again to proove in an door to door fight that i'm able to do a sobber and clean race...

I just checked the results .PDF document for the first round at Doni and see im 3rd there,but 4th in the points standings,did something weird go on with the server?,i was always settled for 4th late in the race,but when i esc'd after the race i saw i was 3rd in the results there too..

I first used that LOOK BEHIND option too..but it gave me difficulties to stay on the track, feels like driving with your eyes closed for some seconds if you know what I mean.

But if you always drive in front..its nice to have a LOOK BEHIND button Peter, if I use it I only see an empty road behind me :pound:

Congrats Peter, 10 points...hope to get one point myself this league.

Hansje :wink:

I push the look behind button only for 1-2 seconds. It's enough to recognize the position of the guy behind you. And I only use it in long straight lines. You can practice it on offline races (like I did).

It is not a rare situation that I get a lap by a race (from that alien guys). I think, to use the nametag and the look behind button is very useful, besause I know that I'll get a lap before the blue flag appears (GTR2).

In general, if somebody closing to me very fast (decreasing the gap with 1s by a lap, or more) I let him go, 'cause I'll get a lap, or we are not in the same weight class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 5 25.0%