RDHGP S2 - Historic Grand Prix 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
tc65clubchamp.jpg
View attachment 3690
RaceDepartment proudly announces the second season of the TC65 league in SimBin's GT Legends: The RaceDeparment TC 65 Racing Club Championship or RDTC65.

In eight rounds drivers can battle for the overall win, keeping to the League Regulations of 2008 and keeping a close eye on the code of the Racing Club.

The championship is not exclusively for Racing Club members, but should nonetheless act a quality promotion of the Racing Club.

To join you must simply sign up to the RD Single Drivers team in the RDTC65 at RD GPCOS. Click here and simply select 'RD Single Drivers' below RDTC65. No other teams are allowed.

Make sure you creat a GT Legends profile with your REAL NAME and make sure you add it to your RD GPCOS User Profile. Click here to change your GTL name in the RD GPCOS User Profile.

Download the RDTC65 League Format 2008 HERE!

Sorry to hear that Yoeri it looked like first place was between me and you until I spun it into the pit wall, so I decided to pit and do 20 laps on the new tyres. I got up to third place and I caught Peter and Sam on the last lap but then I cut one of the corners because i was to close to Sam which gave me a 55 second penalty so what could of been third ended up 8th :(

I got a massive pile of lag on two laps was this due to a big crash or my pc giving up

At the start I was hit very hard at the back...which threw me and my car into the air !!!!!!
Forgot, also hit during my pitstop in the back :becky:

Cost me a lot of time, to much...I think I ended at place 12 if I am correct :)

My pitstop was bad too, lost a lot of time again, I am sure if all this had not happened.. I would have ended at place ONE :pound:

Kidding !!

Anyway had a nice fight with Andy and, and ....think Dejoux.

Grats to the winners, it was fun..see you next time :thumb:

Hansje van Hees

• Andy Marsden

Decent start to the league, didn't get any points but had a few good battles towards the back of the field. Apologies to Gary Lennon who I held up, was battling with Stephane and forgot you were there.
Started 18th and finished 13th which was ok for my first ever league race, nice to see so many people turn up too! :D
Look forward to round two next week in France, never raced at Dijon before so it could be fun :)

Andy

Decent start to the league, didn't get any points but had a few good battles towards the back of the field. Apologies to Gary Lennon who I held up, was battling with Stephane and forgot you were there.
Started 18th and finished 13th which was ok for my first ever league race, nice to see so many people turn up too! :D
Look forward to round two next week in France, never raced at Dijon before so it could be fun :)

Andy

I think we had a battle Andy.... together with Dejoux I think :D
All three very close.

Was fun !!

Hansje.

lap one caust a major pile up sorry
had some nice battles with andy but his falcon was so fast on the straights
and when i passed him i got a smal bump and a mini doesn't need alot to spin :D

and then my *#§*# pitstop took 3min forgot to uncheck damage
started 15th ended 14th had to be in andy place on spot 13 :p

• Jerome Benard

wahouu, what a nice race :Banane44:

I qualify 13°, bof :shocked:

A bad start but i came back and i fight with Alain. I lost most time in pit stop. And Alain and Warren pass me.

I make a big attack to came back behind Warren and we have a good battle for the last point.:caked:

I try to pass and i won the last point.:thumb:

Thanks all, very interesting league :wink:

PS: I post a screen in the Screenshot Competition now. (with Pedro, Hansje and Hans)
http://forum.racedepartment.com/screenshot-competition/6298-week-2-voting.html#post123021

1st of all grats to the winner. it was a very disapointing race for me. on the first lap i started very good and overtook some pepole in a clean way. then we all entered the 1st chicane and i was 5th i think. then someone hit me and threw me out of the track. he didnt even appolagize or waited. i rejoined last and gradually got up to 7th. them made some mistakes and had a fight with andi. andy on the last chicane i tried to over take and hit you. i appolagize for that. i waited until i saw you pass me and go to refuel. later had a gr8 fight with szabo it was fair and clean szabo:thumb:
a word to the adminstrator .do you put the replay in the forum? couldyou plz analize the incident in the 1st lap and let me know what you think about the guy that hit me and made me go last?
anyway i enjoyed the race a alot and waiting for a better resault next time.

Qualified about mid pack and got away good enough,picked a clear strip of track through T1 incident free and were off up and running,early memories are big close battles with Harald Schneller and David Cuthill,superb racing exchanging positions on a lap by lap basis,i remember doing about half a lap or so door to door with Harald on the outside!!,eventually getting the better of me,brilliant!!:thumb:,it seemed the car was getting better and better late in the stint,i ended up closing right up to the back bumpers of the battling lead 2,then my only bit of contact with some confusion going on ahead with a couple of guys being lapped and the chasing 2 leaders,as i arrived it started to turn into a bit of car park,i anchored up as much as i possibly could,i was caught out a bit unawares there,but still sorry to anyone i ended up connecting with,i pitted about lap 21 i think?,and done the tyres and little fuel as i could click the thing down to as i fuelled enough to finish from the start,came out in 4th with a chasing Jari,managed to hold him at bay to the finish,when i got esc'd at the end the leaderboard said i was 3rd??,not 4th?,how did that happen? :rolleyes:.

Many thanks RD organisers and all the other racers this evening making this a highly enjoyable league debut in this sim for me :thumb:.

(np Andy,i remember you letting me pass very nicely late on)

sorry to hear about your hassle Yoeri, I did notice in testing that I had to put the car real close to garage door to get my pitcrew to do anything so did same in race.

Quali was OK, ended in 4rth with a PB so I was happy enough although I was dreading the rocketship start that the Falcons get.

Race started decently and I managed to slot in behind 2 Falcons in 3rd, damn are they W I D E, lol, kept sticking my nose up the inside into corners only to get it soundly wiped as they nailed it out of them until I had to start watching my mirrors because of a Cortina and Alfa up my exhaust and the Falcons "Falced" off ;-)) and got away a wee bit then the inevitable happened and someone punted me into Copse gravel trap after a few laps(sorry for chat comment :-(( my bad), ran as fast as I could after that, had to pass a whole load of cars, cleanly for the most part I hope ;-0, and managed to pick back up to 2nd once everyone had cycled through their pitstop, well I thought it was second until 2/3 laps from end because Peter had pulled a flanker and gone for the splash n dash option, got past Peter with 2 to go but got caught up with a backmarker pair in their own duel going into T1 on final lap and cut the corner a bit tight to go up inside of them, half spun resulting in letting Peter go past again for the win, still, it was fun for the majority of the time and I'm satisfied with finishing 2nd.

Sam

What a race !

Qualify:

Very good, did my best time ever under 24 - 1:23.987
That was P1, wow what a good beginning of a league.

Race:

Is there a trick on the start, i lost some places to first corner !?
Was about 6 place and want to start to go in front but i had big problems to overtake. If i start to overtake i was blogged and so peter had it easy to overtake me. Then he have the sam problem an it ending in a crash with sam , i believe.
If i want to overtake peter the same comes and gary overtake me grrrrrrr.
Then i was blogged by sam to pitstop one.

I com one round before sam to pit, he one round later. But i was over 10 seconds behind him. Jary was in front of me too.
Have only i change tyres, what is the trick ? Had no repairing or something.

However, then nice fight with jary for P5. I overtake him he me and then at last i overtake him again. Fair fight jary :thumb:

For my surprising at the end P4, someone stop´n go :rolleyes:
I had two warnings after three rounds, puuuhh no more.

@ gary, sry for the little touch but there was no way to overtake you. You blog very good :peep:

Hope, every can understand my english :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes