AC RDGTC Round 3 - Donington GP - Sunday 5th March 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to Round 3 of the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club GT Championship. For the third round we are heading to Donington!

52683370145_7900dd6f72_o.jpg

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!

If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All race department premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this Championship.

Need a warm-up beforehand or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5/Abarth event on every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

DoningtonPark10.png

• Practice/Race Server: Racedepartment.com Server 4 (Netherlands)
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 80 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars :

Race Sim Studio DLC is required for this event

• Lister Storm GT (0kg/0%)
  • Dodge Viper GTS-R (0kg/0%)
  • Ferrari Maranello GTS 550 (20kg/50%)
  • Lambo Murcielago R-GT (15kg/25%)
  • Saleen S7R (30kg/40%)
  • Ferrari Maranello 575 GTC (10kg/10%)

https://racesimstudio.sellfy.store/p/gt-pack/

Required extra content
Real names update - Install extracted rss_gt_data_real_names_v6 to X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars
To join the server you will need to copy replace the 'data.acd' files on your PC with those in the real names link below as discussed here and here

Additional Skins -

Pack 1, 2, 3, 4

Event details:
  • Track: Donington GP Circuit
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C Air / 25C Track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain (all 4 wheels) inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by. Caution exiting the pits.

Golden Rule
  1. If you are at fault for a collision, spinning someone or sending them off track, and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for up to 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, let them retake the position and carry on racing.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift off the throttle pedal.
  2. Additionally, the server will automatically award drive-thru penalties, following 3 warnings, for major off track shortcuts used to achieve faster lap times.

Penalties

A championship gives us the opportunity to deduct points or add time as a penalty. Below are the penalties for this championship. Please report incidents to the host. That will help to maintain the high standards of driving we are accustomed to in all club events. For multiple unsafe actions within a single reported incident, the time penalties and point deductions are cumulative.

• Golden Rule: if you break the Golden Rule, all points may be deducted for that race. Normal procedure via formal report and internal discussion within RD staff if there's an disagreement.
  • Unsafe overtake/defending or dive bomb: 5/10/30 second penalties.
  • Track Limits: 5/10/30 second penalties for gaining an advantage outside of tracks limits.
  • Ignoring blue flag: 2 points taken off for each incident.
  • Dangerous Driving: 2+ points may be also deducted for any unsafe actions causing an incident (e.g. unsafe rejoin/unsafe pit exit/swerving on the straight etc.)
  • All reported incidents and penalties to be judged by host (Brian) and co-host (Han) via the usual PM system. Gentlemanly actions, or otherwise, after an incident may effect the final penalty awarded.
See here for a general guide on rules of racing and some examples of incidents that could result in a penalty.

See you on track!

Last edited:
For some reason i cant join the practice server and the 575 GTC is greyed out for me on the selection screen

Hi Randy, the 575 greyed out is normal as no one is using that car.

Can you pm me your steam id? Until I figure out the issue, it seems the only reliable way to join the server, once we go down the assigned skins route.

BoBaHK

Can you send me your steam ID please, to avoid any issues joining the server?

Not sure about controlling sidekick via wheel buttons, but if you want to see information change, there is an option to have certain, or all categories auto rotate after a set time duration.

It's one of the last options on the settings and shows 5 boxes you can tick on or off.

Might get you close to what you're looking for

Great produced track. I'm already looking forward to the event. :thumbsup:

A side question: is it possible to control the functions of "sidekick" using the buttons on the wheel? Does anyone know?
Not sure but you could also use joy to key and bind wheel buttons to alt+a / alt+s or whatever to navigate through sidekick.
You could also map a sequence to go to field x and change it, then going back to the first section

Great race on a great track!

Since I qualified second and finished sixth, I'm a bit disappointed in myself. Too many small (and big) mistakes. But most importantly, I can't keep the pace from qualifying into the race. :thumbsdown:

I only change the tire compound in the setup (and the amount of fuel, of course). But 2 - 2.5 seconds slower seems a lot to me. Are other things important? Does anyone have good advice for me?

But in conclusion: great event, as always on Sundays! :thumbsup:

Blue flags only tell you you have someone within 2 secs who want to lap. So, you can have quite a few people between you and the blue flag driver. The Realtime app is your friend as it shows clearly (with their position) who is directly behind. Helps you from giving a place away (as I've done many times) to someone you're racing with.

Still having problems with track limits, not the limit, the fact that no ones knows till after the race. It is like applying the offside rule in football in secrecy, then after the match is over removing three of your goals.
I just need something to tell me, considering I had all my penalties set in my half of the AC Ui, I still fell victim.
How the hell are you supposed to know????

Still having problems with track limits, not the limit, the fact that no ones knows till after the race. It is like applying the offside rule in football in secrecy, then after the match is over removing three of your goals.
I just need something to tell me, considering I had all my penalties set in my half of the AC Ui, I still fell victim.
How the hell are you supposed to know????

This is all you need to know, Ernie.

Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules

As I said before the race on sunday, the cut track drive through is there to punish cheaters and keep them out of the racing pack. This AI bot stuff is just in the backround safety net to help deal with any cheaters, to try a get them kicked or penalised early in the race rather than waiting afterwards to ban/penalise them.
From my experience it would be difficult for these guys to keep up with the regular field of drivers without taking shortcuts.
It is extremely rare they show up.

The other one I will trial later is for ping. Again it's just a safety net, that will kick people with extremely high ping over a defined period of time. Similarly, it might not eliminate the problem, but just help to reduce the impact on the racing.

I can sometimes get high ping for about a minute. So hopefully I won't get booted.

I also tried to slow down after I had a track limit but even though I knew my average lap time it wasn't enough to stop it registering as a cut. So I don't know how it calculates a penalty lap time

I can sometimes get high ping for about a minute. So hopefully I won't get booted.
It would be set to something like 1000ms for 1 minute. Which is where cars start to warp pretty severely, even hitting cars on other parts of the track.

I also tried to slow down after I had a track limit but even though I knew my average lap time it wasn't enough to stop it registering as a cut. So I don't know how it calculates a penalty lap times.

Was that just a logged cut or did you get a warning at the finish line?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.