AC RDEC Round 4 @ Le Mans - Sunday 11th June 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club Endurance Championship. For Round 4 we are off to Le Mans for 2 hours of multiclass action!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in!
If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum! We are always happy to help.

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, in game and discord can sign up for this event.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5 + Abarth multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Le-Mans-Sarthe15.png

• Practice Server: #10 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: #10 RaceDepartment - Netherlands
  • Additional Qualification events - See ACSM Server #10 Calendar
  • 20:00 CEST, 19:00 DST, 18:00 UTC | 60 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:00 CEST, 20:00 DST, 19:00 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:20 CEST, 20:20 DST, 19:20 UTC) | 120 minutes - Race

Cars:

LMP1

GTE (Restrictor/Ballast)
  • Porsche 911 RSR (25%, 30kg) Liveries
  • Corvette C7R (15%, 20kg)
  • Ferrari 458 GT2 (0%, 10kg)
  • BMW M3 GT2 (0%, 0kg)

Event details:
  • Track: Circuit de la Sarte
  • Pit stop: Mandatory pit window between 10 and 110 minutes
  • Track Temps: 20C air/27C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Light wind.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty

Useful Links:

Last edited:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line. Stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

• Video guide to multiclass racing - Click here
  • It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake cars in slower class. (Blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not) The slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so. LMP1 should have, at a minimum, full overlap with a GT car before the corner apex.
  • If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class, the normal blue flags gentleman's rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake, usually a slight lift at the start of a straight. Please be sensible.
  • Separate qualification runs will happen for LMP1 and GTE classes. First 10 minutes for LMP1, second 10 minutes for GTE. GTE cars must not exit the pit lane before 10 minutes have elapsed. LMP1 must not start a lap after 10 minutes have elapsed. You may be kicked from the server by race control if you ignore this rule.
  • Points/Penalty information - Click here
  • All other Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Discord is highly recommended for all club races. For multiclass it is particularly important.

Thi nk the practice server might be down

Also the Le Man Camaro Stock car ran a 3:47 today during quali, about 7s slower than LMP2s and about 5s faster than the GTEs :geek:

Back up now! Thanks Robert.

Seen those quali 'highlights' .. A breif summary of the pole positions and red flags...

Camaro looks so huge compared to the lmp cars! Mad looking thing. Adding a high aero package for le mans can't be that common! Is that something they would use normally outside of ovals?

Last edited:
It's totally unique, even compared to other stock car road packages. Cup car usually don't have that front aero and things like the reinforced bumper braces , so the cars can bump draft, have been removed making it lighter. Plus the lights, paddle shifters etc are upgrades.

And it seems pretty fast :geek:

400lb difference mostly with the carbon brakes is mental. Hopefully it goes well with no early DNF, it will be fun to watch!
The sound alone makes it!
So strange, it sounds like you should be seeing an oval, but it's cruising around le mans :)

Last edited:
Yeah I really hope it finishes. Road courses are my favorite nascar races, so this has been awesome to watch. It's wild seeing a 2023 hypercar draft a stock car out of the last corner at Le Mans :inlove: and not be some exhibition, but the real race :laugh:

I like it. I haven't had much chance to race it against people, not AI, but it's up the standard quality of other RSS mods. I forget where I came across a link for a 2021 camaro, which was a little stickier to drive on road courses (I can see if i can find the link or upload the car to PM if you want)

This facebook group is all nascar for AC, though trying to find the mods can be confusing sometimes. The quality is not RSS, but theres a big variety, including a soon to be released WIP Garage 56 camaro

Last edited:
I like it. I haven't had much chance to race it against people, not AI, but it's up the standard quality of other RSS mods. I forget where I came across a link for a 2021 camaro, which was a little stickier to drive on road courses (I can see if i can find the link or upload the car to PM if you want)

This facebook group is all nascar for AC, though trying to find the mods can be confusing sometimes. The quality is not RSS, but theres a big variety, including a soon to be released WIP Garage 56 camaro
I only drove it very briefly but I remember it was quite different from anything else. Would be nice to race someday but maybe a bit niche. I'm not into Nascar myself.

Yeah it has big torque, no abs, and it's heavy and fast. But that's what makes it "fun". The ovals get a little more interesting the more you watch and learn the strategy, but usually I only watch the road courses. Same tracks as IMSA, but big bricks pushing each other around :laugh:

Theres a good Euro Nascar mod pack here on RD for free. Slightly less powerful stock cars, but still fun to run.

Yeah it has big torque, no abs, and it's heavy and fast. But that's what makes it "fun". The ovals get a little more interesting the more you watch and learn the strategy, but usually I only watch the road courses. Same tracks as IMSA, but big bricks pushing each other around :laugh:

Theres a good Euro Nascar mod pack here on RD for free. Slightly less powerful stock cars, but still fun to run.
Sounds like fun indeed :)

I do like watching the ovals in indycar. I suppose the strategy is a bit the same? Actually enjoy indycar quite a bit!

A bit more bumping :p but ultimately pretty similar, more so with the big ovals - super speedways like Talladega. those are the typical 200mph+ big train of cars where you need the draft to keep up.

Shorter tracks involve more scattered racing, rubbing elbows to fight for position.

Like IndyCar, NASCAR also posts 20min race highlights on YouTube if you ever wanted just a sampling

Speaking of highlights...

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes