RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, please organize a championship for this winter! I have seen what you guys put together in the past and want to be part of your organization so desperately. I’m very busy but I WILL find time each week to compete. We should do a final dirt rally championship and then for launch do a 2.0 shortly after they release and work out the bugs. That would be the best!

Well, it looks like DR2.0 needs to implement some features for leagues before anything happens. But I am hoping that happens soon. I've been wishing to be part of a rally league since I joined last year. Maybe a couple more months!? Once CM gets their stuff together. Its funny seeing my post above. I know the time is coming soon enough. Can't wait to be part of it all. Happy early launch day everyone!

Well it took them what, 6+ months of "coming really soon" to add the league features to D4? So I wouldn't exactly hold my breath.
In defense: All development for D4 was dropped after all the negative reviews. I am surprised they actually added the leagues. Lets see if they can deliver before the end of march. Before everyone knows their way around the stages without copilot.

I bet leagues will just be another tab in the main menu, easy to add in the list between career and freeplay.

In defense: All development for D4 was dropped after all the negative reviews. I am surprised they actually added the leagues.

I'm not sure if that can be considered a defense, since in that case they should've clearly said "it might not be coming at all" instead of "it's coming very soon, it's almost done" every two weeks or so. I'd even say the endless promises annoyed people more than if they downright said "nope, not gonna do it". Especially since once it finally came, barely anyone cared about D4 anymore.

As far as I understood dividing the player base won't be an issue since everybody can access all DLC that the host is providing?

As Erik mentioned, that's only been said for online play. Not a word about leagues/clubs. I expect this to not be the case there. Because if it is, there is very little incentive to actually buy the DLC.

Yeah that might be an issue. Guess we could go for an "Only 6 results count" route or, just say tough for the people who don't have the DLC rallies. We could also just run the original 6 but that would be kinda lame too.

What do other Championships do in other games that have DLC?

I confess to not yet paying much attention to the state of play with respect to DLC (or indeed the game itself!) but is there any necessity to use DLC at all?

Well the DLC will add additional rallies to the pool. And with the rallies in the base game are a bit meagre and lacking some surfaces. It would be better to include them.

The DLC cars isn't that essential in my opinion. But the Rallies are

for now, the dlc is the stuff people have used for 400 hours+ on dirt rally, so probably not running the dlc is more of a challenge than the other way round. dlc coming over the summer might be a different matter, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back