RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Littlefysh

Professional Nutcase
Premium
Jun 17, 2017
How would the custom livery thing work on console?
With regards to the banners, not modded skins as a whole I mean

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
Maybe ditch the historic classes and run something like IRL with R2/R5/up to 2000cc? Just to make it easier on you guys.
We've been on the idea of going back to the traditional RDRC, RDRC-2, RDRC-3/J-RDRC as that is easier when it comes to stats and history as well. And then probably throw in a 4th one as has been done quite often. Maybe RDRC-GT or something like that. We had a Group A - cup the last RBR seasons. More than 4 won't happen. We just wish we had a chance to combine in-game classes to one RDRC class.

bogani

500RPM
Feb 2, 2014
We've been on the idea of going back to the traditional RDRC, RDRC-2, RDRC-3/J-RDRC as that is easier when it comes to stats and history as well. And then probably throw in a 4th one as has been done quite often. Maybe RDRC-GT or something like that. We had a Group A - cup the last RBR seasons. More than 4 won't happen. We just wish we had a chance to combine in-game classes to one RDRC class.
Ahh okok. Yeah it's really frustrating that they went backwards from how leagues worked in DR1.

pigloaf

100RPM
Nov 12, 2015
Limiting to 4 is completely fair enough. I was thinking about which classes you'd pick and came up with two options I'd go with. I'm sure the team is already thinking through all this - but here are my thoughts anyway.

It's really tricky getting a balance of modern/historic/4WD/FWD/RWD while considering which cars support liveries (key for RDRC imo!)

Option 1 (better option i think)
RDRC: R5 + 2000cc
RDRC-H: H3 RWD
RDRC-J: R2
  • Combines times across separate R5 & 2000cc championships into the main RDRC class. R5 is non-negotiable IMO, but its so hard to pass up on 2000cc cause the class is so epic. I'd combine their times into a single RDRC class.
  • Go with H3 RWD as the Historic class. It's hard to pass up on Group A / Group B / H2 RWD - but H3 RWD offers a nice balance of drive-ability / challenge / a healthy number of cars, and supports liveries.
  • Use R2 as the pick for Junior RDRC. R2 class is absolutely awesome - closely matched cars, super competitive, yet forgiving. And liveries supported.

Option 2
RDRC: R5
RDRC-GT: Modern Rally GT
RDRC-H: Either Group B 4WD, or Group A
RDRC-J: Either R2, or Group A
  • Pick R5 as the main RDRC class. 2000cc is epic, but lack of livery support is the killer.
  • GT as the RWD class. An awesome selection of cars, something new and fresh, something challenging, and plenty of options for those who want to run liveries.
  • Here's where it gets really difficult. I'd personally go with Group B for the historic class over Group A. More cars, absolute classics, but the difficulty is high - so would pair well with R2 as the Junior class.
  • For juniors, I'd still stay with R2 as the other classes have high car difficulty or would generally have a higher level of driver. It provides a good option for beginner drivers. However, passing up on Group A is very tough too - so this could be the "junior" class if people wouldn't accept missing out on both Group B & Group A.