RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my experience creating a test League for the Hellenic Community.
1) I couldn't create the league for D4 with the same name of my DiRT Rally League (Hellenic League)
2) I put people to test the Service Parks and Tuning points on D4 League and there were some bugs.
For some people it worked perfectly to other the stage with SP didn't work at all.

Having the namin problem, i can only realize that somehow everything is connected and i think that's bad because the new platform is not backwards compatible with the old.

Sorry - forgot to comment on your start date question. Basically I'm not gonna comment though (as it's not yet clear) ;) and will leave the main man @Ole Marius Myrvold to make a statement when he has one :thumbsup:

I never got the notification here.

@FJBH10 , Roy's "Soon™" Is quite correct. However, I can give some information.

The original plan was to get it going around Monte Carlo, like last season. However, with Codemasters doing a half-arsed attempt to revive D4, we needed to do some checks there (and see how the player-base would react). And then I've had over a month with health issues, which have made my time on here very sparse. (When I sleep 15-16 hours a day, there are other things I need to do in the hours I am awake).
However, this is seemingly fixed now, I have normal energy levels, and rarely headaches. While we won't be giving out an announcement yet, I really do hope that within 3 weeks we'll have the rules set, the calendar planned, and sign up open :)

I am really sorry for the wait here, and also sorry that we didn't get season 9 going at the time I wanted! It will happen though! ;)

Nice!

If i have the RFPE physics mod installed, do i just have to NOT run the plugin when starting up the game to be able to compete in the RDRC championship? Or do i have to uninstall it somehow? I dont want to get banned.

Nice!

If i have the RFPE physics mod installed, do i just have to NOT run the plugin when starting up the game to be able to compete in the RDRC championship? Or do i have to uninstall it somehow? I dont want to get banned.

Always a bit risky, as it's impossible to know what Codies does. However, I would think they are all very busy with their D4 eSports thingy.
Also, I think you'll find it out quite quickly. If you are able to run online, the plugin should've been turned off and you should be safe.

Unless the RFPE physics mod somehow works online (as many mods don't work online).

So it‘s gonna be another Hotlap and Alt+F4 competition...

Even with the D4 Official eSports champ. with the chance to drive an RX Lite, it's way way less people in D4 that DR. Too be honest, we did want the season to go ahead in D4, there is a reason why we waited and waited. But D4 isn't anywhere close to DR in popularity, and many of the cars in D4 drives quite bad, and needs a lot of work with setups to be anywhere close to fun. That's also bad for a championship that aims to bring in all drivers, from the super serious top guys, to the weekend warriors who only have 3-4 hours a week to play games :)

D4 is way easier for us as organizers compared to DR, but it's not about getting the easiest way for us.

Isn't this how it should be in DR as well if there are no checkpoints? I know I should know, but sometimes what I know is wrong!
As I remember, in DR, Alt+F4 brings you back to previous checkpoint, if there is no checkpoints, back to start of event! So you get that second chance! But I have not played it for a while, maybe new D4 clubs update changed whole Racenet, and DR also got some changes! I will check that later, when I reinstall DR!

All I can remember now (no details) is that it wasn't great at handling forced quits, and then Codies made some changes, which basically just made things even worse in terms of what I think we have to regard as "cheating" ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 148 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.5%