RD MINI Challenge 2020

Can't wait for next Friday :D
Will be my first time racing a mini and first events through Sim Racing GP!
First time for me, too. I have no idea how competitive the grid is - will be cool to drive internationally.

I may have overseen it; are there mandatory pitstops or anything like that? In the past there was livestreaming for some races - is that the case for this series, too (just asking, our team would prepare a social media post in that casse). And we are able to choose liverys in the platform - are custom skins an option, too?

Apart from a few club races I've never driven here, so I hope these are not stupid questions :)

• Deleted member 6919

Would of loved to been part of this even more so since I've had along period off from racing, but can't even sit in my seat, tore a muscle in my back a few weeks ago and have many more to go yet. so been socializing with the family more but now I'm getting bored with that...:p

are there mandatory pitstops or anything like that?
They're not listed in the settings on SGP, so I don't think so. @Bram Hengeveld can confirm though.

My own question on the settings front is what does "Gas penalty disabled: Yes" mean? :unsure:

In the past there was livestreaming for some races - is that the case for this series, too
Not as far as I'm aware, though if someone wants to do so then that would be cool. I'll be streaming but only from my own cockpit.

And we are able to choose liverys in the platform - are custom skins an option, too?
You can only choose the liveries available on the SGP sign-up page.

Last edited:
Custom skins will be added to the platform soon but will not be available for the start of this season so we have to race with the (cool looking) default skins from the mod

The gas penalty has to do with how cutting penalties are handled. We will another way to handle those (Drive thru's i think).

Livestreaming we are debating for both RDGTC as the RDMC but as the platform is in closed beta that conflits a bit. For now i treat it as a club race with a nice points ranking and stats and a race with good friends :)

Sadly I can't make Monday's practice event due to commitments with another series, but I'm super excited for next Friday.
At Watkins Glen so far I've been able to do low 2:03s in quali and hit 2:04.000 fairly consistently in races, with the occasional 2:03.
Has anyone else tried there yet? :)

Last edited:
@Jacob Marshall I have set up a SGP event with the MINI prior to the start of the series. Feel free to join https://beta.simracing.gp/events/DeWg-qchSYUHBI8AaklH1 *

*if you aren't a member of the SGP Official group make sure to hit the apply here button first)

Bram,

thanks for Your training server for October 5th ......, but how can I register for this training race?

I've been to the SRGP and I don't see anything there to register ... I just see that 10 drivers are already registered ...

Thanks for your help

Bram,

thanks for Your training server for October 5th ......, but how can I register for this training race?

I've been to the SRGP and I don't see anything there to register ... I just see that 10 drivers are already registered ...

Thanks for your help
Are you a member of the SGP Official group? If not make sure to hit the apply button first

Bram,

Thanks for your help
I also only see time left to register, but no button to actually sign up.

By the way, I am asking a teammate of mine to set up a server for us.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 5.7%