RD MINI Challenge 2020

The race of the year and I missed the last two laps.

@Goffik I had to abandon the PC immediately as our puppy started to throw up and had to be taken out on the fly. After eating a kilo of grass she calmed down but the server was already empty when i came back.

Let's do a VLN soon as I need more of this.
wD2FzDh.gif

And I hope the puppy is well! :inlove:

You nearly chased me into a mistake at the start which could have changed the whole race. Mutkurve in lap 1 was a near miss
Ah yes, I seem to recall a cloud of dust? :D
Amazing pace though!
I enjoyed that race, because (for about the first time ever) I had done enough Nords practice to actually be able to just about race with someone else in close quarters. In previous years, my lack of knowledge was dangerous (wrong llines, braking points too early etc.). I had some good battles with Tamas and Davy.
Dived into the pits and realised as soon as I stopped that the tyres weren't being changed :O_o: because I had stuffed up the pit strategy... Oops. But it was a blessing in disguise because I got a gap on Tamas and he wasn't quite able to close it up. The last few laps were a bit tiptoey but thankfully the tyres didn't get too much worse.

Man that was fun but intense! Clearly it was intense as well for everyone else as the chat went silent by lap 2 LOL

I hurt my lower back last weekend but I stayed off the rig all week so I'd be better for this race. Besides my stupid mistake on lap 1, I think I did okay...@Bram Hengeveld I can't believe I went off on the same corner as qualy but I misjudged the grip level on the first lap...stupid mistake...but I managed to make a good comeback and reclaim my starting position of 7th in the end (@Goffik Had fun chasing you down, seems I'm now tied with you in the overall standings ;) ). Had a really fun time clawing back from being last with so few corners to make a safe pass. I really like the ring, definitely down for any future races using that track.

That was actually the last race I'll do in my trusty old GT Omega frankenstein rig, I finally have all the pieces for my 80/20 rig ready, so I'm making the switch tonight. Can't think of a better final race for this rig that I've modded countless times, it has held together well for the last 4 years, even with my VRS DD wheel mounted for about 3 months (probably can't take much more shaking, and that's at 40% power :roflmao:). Rest easy now, old friend.

Old Rig:
IMG-4470.jpg

New Rig:
IMG-4469.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back