RD MINI Challenge 2020

That was me...
No offence mate, but after you hit me sideways twice in silly passing attempts, I threw caution to the wind and decided to play you at your own game. Respect works both ways, and if I get none then I show none. You finally got past after hitting me, so you very much did take full advantage. But this isn't the place to argue about it.

Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew

Banzai
adjective
attacking fiercely and recklessly.

No offence mate, but after you hit me sideways twice in silly passing attempts, I threw caution to the wind and decided to play you at your own game. Respect works both ways, and if I get none then I show none. You finally got past after hitting me, so you very much did take full advantage. But this isn't the place to argue about it.

Banzai
adjective
attacking fiercely and recklessly.
You meant to say I finally got past, after even your crewchief told you there's a car on your right, but you decided to go straight for the apex in T1... I see... Still, please check your replays. I take full responsibility for the first and fourth contact between us. Second, third and fifth were all questionable moves on your end. Some more were only avoided as I jumped on the brakes when you cut over.

Last edited:
Exactly the opposite of Watkins Glen for me, this time I had a great run at the beginning, and a terrible one at the end ;) The no tyres pit strategy really didn't work, the tyres were just simply way too dead. Sorry @Erik Axelsson for forgetting how physics work at the end and that you couldn't just disappear, that's my bad :coffee::coffee:

Don't worry Chris, the replay says something else. My plan was not to stay on the inside since I had no overlap but to cut in behind you. I should have foreseen that you had to slow down earlier since your tires most likely were shot to hell at that point. Sorry mate.

Anyway, congrats @Benutzername on P1 and @Neilski on P2, your welcome ;)

@Bram Hengeveld, Thanks for organizing! See you all in Green Hell! :D

Last edited:
What did I just say Tamas? This is not the place to argue about it. You should know how RD works by now. If you have something to say, take it to PM.

Other than that, practice what you preach and watch the replay, not my stream. I've just watched the replay and it confirms exactly what I said above. You were wreckless and disrespectful.

Last edited:
@Goffik sorry about that bump at the end, but I really thought you realised that I was also right there on the inside and would leave room...I see your spotter said you were clear for a second so I guess I understand the move, too late to back out by then. Good race and thanks for uploading a replay.

What did I just say Tamas? This is not the place to argue about it. You should know how RD works by now. If you have something to say, take it to PM.

Other than that, practice what you preach and watch the replay, not my stream. I've just watched the replay and it confirms exactly what I said above. You were wreckless and disrespectful.
Sorry, I thought this was PM, as you kept bashing me despite your own warning.

Other than that, I did go through the replay directly after the race, hence my immediate apologies for moves where I actually was at fault.

Nevermind, seems like it's your truth or none.

Nevermind, seems like it's your truth or none.
Check your PM shortly mate. I was irritated after the race, now I'm f-ing furious.

@Goffik sorry about that bump at the end, but I really thought you realised that I was also right there on the inside and would leave room...I see your spotter said you were clear for a second so I guess I understand the move, too late to back out by then. Good race and thanks for uploading a replay.
Don't worry about it Brandon. I was still focused forwards at that point, braked too hard, and you couldn't get it stopped in time. Racing incident.

Talking about it instead of writing worked always the best for me in these situations, but thats not my cup of tea.

-

Really glad to have enjoyed another smooth race. During preparation i really struggled with consistency and speed in general on this track. In addition to that, Neil put some killer laps down on the practice server, i couldnt belive it. I stayed on the server, watched him, looked at the replay: Couldnt find bi mistakes from my side - he was just quicker. I expected a tough race, maybe a Top 5 result considering I was 1 sec down and havent seen some of the quick guys from the last event - in addition to that, Erik was pretty damn quick in practice, too. Yesterday finally something clicked and I was able to improve, even more today.

Before the start of the race it became clear, that Neil was able to use an older verison of the Mini on the practice server. The older one is quite a bit quicker. With that glimmer of hope i set a PB in the qualification and threw away an even better time (1.41.4), while Erik and Chris managed to get 1.41.9s. That gave me confidence and after some pressure in the first few laps, Chris made a mistake and I was able to build up some space. That first stint was phenomenal! I expected the undercut from Chris, since he was pretty pacey without a tyre change in Watkins, too. It even nearly worked out, but i was ever so slightly in front of him after the stops. From then on it was basically done, as the tyres were a bigger factor than last week.

Without Neil basically pushing my ego with the older Mini, I certainly wouldnt have had that pace. Would have been really, really tough against Chris, Erik and Neil. Especially Erik was really quick in the second stint and got the fastest lap aswell.

The Nordschleife will be a different one for sure. See you next week, was really fun :)

Don't worry Chris, the replay says something else. My plan was not to stay on the inside since I had no overlap but to cut in behind you. I should have foreseen that you had to slow down earlier since your tires most likely were shot to hell at that point. Sorry mate.

Anyway, congrats @Benutzername on P1 and @Neilski on P2, your welcome ;)

@Bram Hengeveld, Thanks for organizing! See you all in Green Hell! :D

Haha, I'm still convinced it's my fault, but we can both blame ourselves ;)

Looking forward to racing with you next week :thumbsup:

Haha, I'm still convinced it's my fault, but we can both blame ourselves ;)

Looking forward to racing with you next week :thumbsup:
Yeah I had thought it was your fault simply because I heard you on Discord and it sounded like you were apologising, but when I watched the replay it was much closer to 50/50 so I don't feel so bad now about being gifted P2 ;)
A fun race despite the stress of "omg, wrong car... omfg the setup is utterly different and it's 2 seconds a lap slower!" :roflmao:

Side note: has anyone been able to mute or deafen discord from inside Assetto Corsa?

I have shortcuts mapped to it on my StreamDeck (keyboard shortcuts) and that didn't work. I then mapped it to an actual button on a joystick (the wheel I used for this race has no buttons) and that didn't work. It only seems to work when AC is not the program in focus.

Side note: has anyone been able to mute or deafen discord from inside Assetto Corsa?

I have shortcuts mapped to it on my StreamDeck (keyboard shortcuts) and that didn't work. I then mapped it to an actual button on a joystick (the wheel I used for this race has no buttons) and that didn't work. It only seems to work when AC is not the program in focus.
I'm a Discord noob but I mapped a keyboard shortcut for it and it seemed to work when I first tested it, but that wasn't in the actual session this evening.
I did have a hell of a time getting keyboard shortcuts to work reliably though - the one for "unlock overlay" wouldn't work at all for ages, then worked for a while, and failed again a while later (and I haven't revived it yet).

OK someone mentioned a weird colour changing thing happening...I'm seeing it happening now while on the nurburgring (very noticable on the trees)...it's almost like christmas lights, going from green to yellow and reddish/brown very quickly. I've always noticed a bit of flickering textures in general but this is starting to look a little too trippy. (I'm on the practice server and using content manager, custom shaders patch and sol).

Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: Figured it out, I was updating CSP but not updating Sol...I updated both to more recent versions that play nice with each other, as well as applied Peter Boese's color correction fix for Kunos tracks (linked in the instructions for installing Sol). Everything looks better than ever now.

Last edited:
I'm a Discord noob but I mapped a keyboard shortcut for it and it seemed to work when I first tested it, but that wasn't in the actual session this evening.
I did have a hell of a time getting keyboard shortcuts to work reliably though - the one for "unlock overlay" wouldn't work at all for ages, then worked for a while, and failed again a while later (and I haven't revived it yet).

Yea that overlay was a pain, I just stopped trying to get it work and try to learn people's voices. However I did figure out the problem: Seems like Discord needs to be run as admin to allow shortcuts to get to it when running certain games...works perfectly after doing that, will have to remember that on Friday.

Speaking of things that are a pain: unfortunately it seems I overdid it this weekend practicing for the Nords race and hurt my lower back. Not sure if it's my brakes are set too hard (I've been good with it like this for well over 1.5 years), my technique, seating position or a bit of everything. I'm in a GT Omega rig but will be in a P1-X inspired rig shortly (as in once the wheel mount arrives hopefully on Thursday I'll have everything I need to transfer over). I use both lumbar support and neck support cushions since I've had some issues in the past. Trying to take it easy until Friday. Really hoping it's not my body can't take the brake pressure anymore as I just ordered the Meca Cup1 pedals before the injury lol

Nobody willing to put up their pace yet? All I'll say is I'm in the mid 9 mins, but knowing these guys, somebody in here can probably do it in 8 mins somehow...or if someone practices on the wrong layout again: 6 to 7 mins :laugh:

Last edited:
Did my first laps yesterday in the skmrscing gp race, which were several 9:33s.

Interestingly, fuel could be a factor. I had to save fuel on my fourth lap, otherwise I wojld have run out on the start finish straight or shortly beforr that

Speaking of Spa, the clocks go back a few days before it, so am I confused or is this timing info wrong?
1603218457425.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back