RD MINI Challenge 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I opened it up and let it cool down and then I tried turning it on again and there was visible fire coming from the servo....

Race was good fun though!

Had a good race tonight- discovered while practising for this race that I've been using rear tyre pressures 40kPa off the setup I used at Snetterton, and found switching to the Snett setup created a much nice car to drive with way more consistency! After battling illness at Silverstone- as well as a resurgent Shawn- I was glad to be able to really push on and get some confidence back in the car, and I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to Oulton Park now, i have thoroughly enjoyed ragging the Mini round some of my favourite tracks in the world this season.

Cheers to the comms team, great job again, and congrats to Shawn and Thomas on their podiums. (plus a little bonus race with Thomas after coming out the pits!)

P.s.- Shawn, if you've only been sim-racing for a year then you're doing very well.:thumbsup:

P.p.s.- Also, great battle for 3rd/4th/5th etc throughout the race!

Slowest in qualifying again, sometimes one never gets a break. Honestly, I've joust gotten slower and can't get my neuro-snyaptic responses to where they used to be.

Wow, what a start! Ok, they're gonna be reeling me in, just let them pass without losing time(going off track). Stay cool, stay on track and pick a good time to make a stop. No damage, everything is fine, uhoh, do I have enough fuel, where is my team-mate? Time remaining, liters of fuel, how far back is the next guy, over and over. Do an extra lap just to make sure 'cause I thought I was going to run out of fuel for sure!

An enjoyable event, thanks to RD, the staff that makes it happen and the guys that watch us so they can do the stream!

Lastly apologies to @Yapci I think it was, for almost spinning in front of you after you let me through and costing you a bit of time, sorry about that.[/USER]
Doesn't matter, things happens! But yes it was me and I was going to make the overtake at the end of the straight so got a bit exasperated when saw him again 2 seconds ahead. But I overtake him in the last lap I think, so it's all ok.

And for the commentary of the race...well...they said I misshifted someone on lap 2 causing the crash, but it was the one in front on my spinning in T1 making it impossible for me to avoid collision:whistling::whistling::whistling: I kinda feel like Balloteli!! Why always meeeeee!!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

On a seriously note, no hard feelings, it's all good. As I always say, great job off all, racers and staff because you are all making it possible.

And congrats @Ross McGregor for the championship win. Absolutely astonishing.

Well that was an unexpected result for me!

Hadn't done any laps prior to the official session so wasn't expecting much, would have been happy with a top ten considering the very limited amount of laps I'd done. Got in a decent time towards the end of quali to line up P7, solid result to put me in a good spot for the race. Also just want to say an apology to @Dennis Phelan for being a nuisance on one of his quali laps, I was just in the same boat at that point of having not got a time in so I wanted to get one in as soon as I could.

So to the race and managed to get a clean start, more or less held position early on. Spent much of the first half of the race battling over 5th and then 4th once Pavel made a mistake, really intense battles once again so kudos to everyone who was involved in them, enjoyed them a lot :D

Finally managed to clear the battle pack not too long before the stops, got a bit of a gap and started to get into a good rhythm with the car. Lap before I pulled in to the pits Ross pitted, so had a nice little exchange with him which was a good bonus for this race :) Pitted at the end of the lap and popped back out more or less where I was before, started to put my head down again as Franklin wasn't too far up the road. Then Tamas pitted and managed to sneak ahead of me by not taking tyres. Want to say a big thanks to him for letting me through so I could try and chase down Franklin, he didn't have to do it and the fact he did anyway is very much appreciated and gets big respect from me :D

Up until Franklin's mistake it was just a case of trying to be as quick and consistent as possible. Then the mistake occurred and I couldn't believe it really, suddenly found myself in 3rd! Rest of the race I just went into max concentration mod and kept it as mistake free as I could to not give Franklin a chance to pass. Despite this he still closed in, making the last few laps very intense indeed! Defended when he started to attack, managed to hold on for the podium!

Much better result than I expected and first podium of the season :) Congrats to Ross on another flawless drive and Shawn for another rock solid result for a double Aussie podium :D Also wanted to give one last thanks to @Shawn Jacobs for giving me some assistance with wings settings for the car, definitely helped a lot in getting my consistency going during the race.

:p
Tp9VUFd.jpg

6zoWp6r.jpg

4lth2yj.jpg

ble3icL.jpg

97fctiY.jpg

1acMLfM.jpg

YI1bTNR.jpg

De9kJaz.jpg

Hello @Bram

Are you (RD) thinking in a league with AMS after Mini Challenge?

How many weeks do you usually leave free between AMS leagues? from last race up to announce the sheudle for next league.

An estimation, 5, 6, 8... weeks, only to put an alert in my calendar for your "trials" to get a place in the league.

Thanks regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back