RD MINI Challenge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
51YGywumIVL._SX300_.jpg

Woooooo 12 hours to go :D I'll be doing practice laps on roughly 5 hours (11am gmt) if anyone wants to join me :D

Not sure about commentating, but I'm sure we will have a nice broadcast with such a field:
RDMC_S9_spotter_guide_r4.jpg

I could not remove Thomas: fine to have his name even if he can't make it imho…

I did not really have time to pay attention to the new shaders & RGB settings, I was still focusing on tyres (could not find the concrete set on Amazon, probably out of stock already…:() but that should enhance even more the broadcast hopefully!

Take care and enjoy your race guys! :thumbsup:

Warning: I just got a 13.9 Mo update! We are now up to v0.9.41 ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶l̶o̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶R̶e̶i̶z̶a̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶.̶
Not sure who can update the server so we can check if it is still working? @Bram @Davy Vandevenne ? Online was working fine, I just did a great race on the Aussie server; but that was right before this last update... :O_o:

EDIT: hotfix v0.9.41, with the following changes:

• DynHUD: Fixed accidental reloading of configuration; Fixed MapWidget scaling and positioning (specially for Kart tracks)
  • Kansai: Fixed missing Kansai GP layout
  • F-Extreme: Fixed missing RPM LED update in Groove & MK teams
A couple of bugs from the previous version still remain (DynHUD freezing in Multiplayer when switching to race; Saved multiplayer replays show floating cars), these will be addressed for the next update, along with some other Multiplayer-related tasks.

Last edited:
Warning: I just got a 13.9 Mo update! We are now up to v0.9.41 ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶l̶o̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶R̶e̶i̶z̶a̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶u̶m̶ ̶y̶e̶t̶.̶
Not sure who can update the server so we can check if it is still working? @Bram @Davy Vandevenne ? Online was working fine, I just did a great race on the Aussie server; but that was right before this last update... :O_o:

EDIT: hotfix v0.9.41, with the following changes:

• DynHUD: Fixed accidental reloading of configuration; Fixed MapWidget scaling and positioning (specially for Kart tracks)
  • Kansai: Fixed missing Kansai GP layout
  • F-Extreme: Fixed missing RPM LED update in Groove & MK teams
A couple of bugs from the previous version still remain (DynHUD freezing in Multiplayer when switching to race; Saved multiplayer replays show floating cars), these will be addressed for the next update, along with some other Multiplayer-related tasks.
Server updated to v0.9.4.1 and running;)

Aaaaand I crashed someone. I believe it was Frank van Oeveren. I completely messed up the last corner and lost grip on entry so I tried to push like mad on the exit. The car in front of me ran wide and was rejoining the track while I struggled with understeer driving out of the corner. The result was rather terrifying and must have pissed of the other driver. Big apologies, very poor driving by me. :sick: I was terrified to hit the brakes and lose the back end of the car so I only released the throttle a bit instead of really slowing down. :(

Very, very sad.

Amazing race, finally I nailed the pits and no stupid mistakes (apart from the 1'st lap, sorry). Great racing with everyone and thanks to all who I lapped for clean driving.

Best race out of the whole championship so far!

Cheers!

Can only congratulate @Discovery.Tv to the win, dominant victory! :)

Have had a busy week and didn't practise before earlier today, had just run the chicane layout a bit 2 weeks ago.

Quali was a lot better than expected but sadly didn't get that pole point.

In the race I did a different strategy just to try it, I knew I couldn't win on 1 stop as my tyre wear is so **** so Erhan would have pulled away in the end of the stints. I could have made a 1 stop work but pretty point-less as I know I wouldn't have had a shot at winning.

The track sadly didn't have enough tyre wear to make Erhan struggle so it was difficult to gain time but atleast I gave it a go! Overall I'm happy with 2nd! :)

I really not like these tracks that are on the limit of doing a set of tyres for 40 minutes as my tyre wear just isn't any good at all so I either do 1 stop and lose time in the end of the stints or I go for 2 stops and need to gain loads of time... :/

Congrats to the podium! You guys are way to fast for me!

For me, definitely my best race because I kept it on the track with decent times. I found a nice spot behind the group in front of me and was just waiting for one or more to make a mistake and/or wear their tyres out. I gained a few spots because of the guys up front fighting. I wasn't pushing hard and saving my tyres. I had the right strategy, I had plenty of tires at my pits, and at the end of the race. Took home my first points of the Championship! WOOOHOOO!

Unfortunately, I'm not that happy because for as well as I raced, I made one screw-up that cost me at least 4 and maybe 6 positions. Even though I thought I pressed it, my pit limiter didn't take and I ended up with a stop/go penalty. That cost me 30s in pit time plus slow pit entry/exit speeds :(.

Now I have some points, the next goal is a top 10 finish!

Great race, was really happy with my qualifying lap as it was a new pb so I was really happy with 3rd.

Start of the race went smoothly, was able to hang on to Hampus and Erhan for a bit but slowly started to drop back, with Tamas keeping me honest just behind. The first 30 minutes went quite well found my self in a bit of clean air and just did my best to keep it clean and try and conserve tyres, no idea how Erhan does it, I stopped pretty much dead on mid race and only had 1% left.

After the stops found myself in 2nd but Hampus caught me up in fresher tyres and I decided no point in fighting him and just to secure third. Little did I know Franklin had other idea's, from 6 seconds back with 10 minutes to go he was able to catch me on the 2nd last lap and easily got me coming out of the last corner.

From there I just nursed my tyres for the last lap and crossed the line with 1% left in 4th. Cant complain at all, coming into this never would have thought I'd get so close to a podium :)

Great racing all, great chat on TS and congrats to the podium!!!!

Bring on Bathurst!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play