RD MINI Challenge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to @race_fanatic_ and @Discovery.Tv fantastic races throughout the season! Thans to @Bram for organizing and the race streams have been top notch when I watch them after the race.

As for the race, I was quite happy with the way things played out and I finally got a top 10 finish (#8)! WOo! My head was not in qualifying and was 12th. Probably would have been up another spot but the sketchy with the new track limits, I am pretty sure it threw out my last lap which I was likely better.

First lap in the race was ok, then I screwed up in the second lap. Tried to defend to the inside on the final corner and was in the marbles and went straight instead. That put me near the back of the pack. From there I knew it was a long race so just do nice consistent laps and see how it goes. By halfway I was in the top 10 and just raced to see if it could stick. In the last 15 minutes I was surprised to see that @Franklin Stegink was only a couple of seconds ahead and I started to push a bit and started to make a few small mistakes. Ended up backing off a bit because I didn't want a big mistake that would push me out of the top 10.

Quite happy, but I wish the league could continue. After I started playing the long game and didn't push push push all of the time I got into a rhythm that helped me place in races better. Now I need to learn how to push and NOT make mistakes!

Cheers to everyone, great racing, no dive bombing and much respect all around!

Cheers @Race_fanatic really happy to make it on the podium

Congrats to both you and @Discovery.Tv well done on first and second and the same in the championship (not sure who is actually crowned champion lol)

My sincerest apologies to @praxtonio looks like I got in your way a bit when I lost it coming down skyline, I hope it didn't cost you too much.

It was a great race overall, the 1st half was really exciting, I wanted to be chasing down first and second but @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio got a great start and beat me to 3rd, it was quite sketchy those first few laps was very nervous about losing it which ended up occurring.

After my incident I found myself in 7th and only actually did one overtake, @Franklin Stegink went off in front of me at the chase and then I managed to catch @Frank and get by, started to focus on catching @Craig Patteson and Alex in 3rd and 4th and it was looking like it was going to be an epic run, but then unfortunately they had an incident at the chase and I found myself in 3rd, after the stops I found my self with a 30 second gap in front and behind, so was able to just take it carefully from there to the chequered.

Really happy to land a podium, I'll be aiming for more next season and I really hope Erhan and Hampus join up as I look forward to trying to chase them down!!

Great job to all who took part, this league was so much fun and I can't wait for season 10 to start, can I sign up now????? :D

Man I still have to go back and look at the replay, but I had a WTF moment going through the chase because there was a car (I think @praxtonio) screaming overhead about 100 feet in the air! I thought they usually had the flybys BEFORE the race starts :)

20160625224433_1.jpg

They really need to fix the hovering car bug.

A difficult race for me.

I could not find the speed on the track and make a lot of mistakes.
It was a nice season with a lot of good drivers.

I want to thanks @Bram for the organisation.
Also thanks to @Lorenzo Bonder, @Thomas Hinss and to @Davy Vandevenne for the live broadcasting.

Congratz to @race_fanatic_ and to @Discovery.Tv with the top two in the competition.

At last i want to thank all drivers that they are coming back every race.
Without you all there is no competition.

Can sb give us the official standings. The website for the results still have me behind Erhan. I know I've got it but just want things officially confirmed. :)

(sorry for wrong thread, didn't notice until I posted)

This championship final was hard enough for me :devilish:, in these last 2 races, I think my mini has become a UFO, since I've been photographed in unusual situations in a race car.
I dismissed my Aerodynamics Engineer, now I understand why I said I was going fast as an airplane :).

Congratulating the Podium, Erhan, Hampus and Franklin and the other participants and thank the staff of RD for these wonderful moments.

Nothing happens Shawn, my final outcome was already written and it was not that hug that you gave me, no problem.

Also acknowledge the great work they have done the boys from broadcast,Bravo!!!, Lorenzo , Davy and Thomas

See you at the next Championship.

This championship final was hard enough for me :devilish:, in these last 2 races, I think my mini has become a UFO, since I've been photographed in unusual situations in a race car.
I dismissed my Aerodynamics Engineer, now I understand why I said I was going fast as an airplane :).

Congratulating the Podium, Erhan, Hampus and Franklin and the other participants and thank the staff of RD for these wonderful moments.

Nothing happens Shawn, my final outcome was already written and it was not that hug that you gave me, no problem.

Also acknowledge the great work they have done the boys from broadcast,Bravo!!!, Lorenzo , Davy and Thomas

See you at the next Championship.
At least you gave me both the gags of the championship. Nearly lost my **** during the broadcast. Still trying to find when it happened :p

@Lorenzo Bonder I watched the replay of the livestream and I think it happened to him twice :). I had looked at my own replay to find out what flew overhead and the one you saw was earlier than the one I saw :).

The first one happened at the end of lap 8 for him, and the second one was at the end of lap 12. Second one was more impressive. More height, and distance :)

It goes most 1st places, most 2nd, most 3rd. Even though there was a bonus point for pole in respect to points it only carries the weight of a 15th. Therefore until you get to most 16th places on a draw you wouldn't consider the number of poles.

Or at least that is how all racing series that I know of work it out.

I was quite confident I had it because of the system Oscar described... feels like a no-brainer as it's the normal way racing series are decided but not my call.

Still undecided to be honest as you both have the same amount of points. You have more podium finishes and Erhan more poles. Might end up ex aequo / tie for the first time in RD history :) That third round should not have been cancelled :)
Bram, you know we can always do a ROC as a tiebreaker. Livestream it to everyone :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%