RD GT Championship 2020 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualified 6th, lap 1 was a bit crazy with guys not using their heads, picked off everyone ahead and built up a lead of nearly 30s before I got disco’d. Really disappointing. Tyres felt great throughout. Finished the race offline as a symbolic gesture!
I was just wondering with Ricardo where you went. Sorry to hear that mate, you were racing fast!

I was just wondering with Ricardo where you went. Sorry to hear that mate, you were racing fast!

Cheers, massively disappointed considering the gap I’d built and the damage I had. I’m changing my network card as a precaution as I’ve had a few issues lately. Hopefully it’s not BT broadband at fault!

Epic race guys, and a super experience with so many cars on the server.

Sorry to everyone who had to stare at the back of my Goldboi for many laps. I always get a good start and avoid carnage, then find myself as a midfield runner waaaaay too far up and then having to defend from the quick guys behind. Good job to everyone for not just punting me out of the way in frustration, because pretty much all of my defensive moves were fair and well telegraphed. :thumbsup:

That were some interesting initial laps :) After everyone was settled some great racing around me. I was not that competitive initially, but after a couple of laps and Bram passing me, it was time to get some decent laps in and stay a bit more consistent.
Nice and respectful racing (beside the starting laps). Enjoyed every bit of it.

Right.

1st race, fun race and got a good start.

I was only P32 but you've got to start somewhere right.

However I effectively, through no fault of my own ruined someone else's race by getting spun out on the back straight.

Video of the incident below:

In case you aren't sure I'm in the luminous Porsche (So designed to enable me to be seen easily)

This game literally has a built in system to warn people of other cars in close proximity.

I am not sure how or why they pit maneuvered me but there we are.

Car 123 I am so sorry your race was inadvertently destroyed, it was not intentional as I hope you can understand.

It takes two to tango. But I'll reserve judgement till I've had a look at Lap one again.

I don’t think you’re supposed to rejoin the racing line when you fall off the track. I even left a car’s width on the inside. Sometimes you just have to give up the corner. I guess we can both learn something going forward though.

Epic race guys, and a super experience with so many cars on the server.

Sorry to everyone who had to stare at the back of my Goldboi for many laps. I always get a good start and avoid carnage, then find myself as a midfield runner waaaaay too far up and then having to defend from the quick guys behind. Good job to everyone for not just punting me out of the way in frustration, because pretty much all of my defensive moves were fair and well telegraphed. :thumbsup:
Don't apologise, that Jimlaad train helped me climb from 14th to 10th. You really did me a favor :whistling:

Qualified in 24th but finished 10th. Not bad at all. Had a blast (and less than a lap of fuel at the end, so the race shouldn't have taken any longer for me)

That was my fault for being too close - it really was a master class in defensive driving by @Jimlaad43 and I was quite happy to sit behind and wait for a gap but the tiniest of touches at the wrong point put him sideways which is on me and cost us both a top ten finish

@Ross McGregor

This is what I mean. - First you stick your nose in to punt off the lambo, and I've got nowhere to really go but off the track, then as I try and creep back on you're not letting me. Which I find unecessary. After that I guess I just got a bit uptight and tried to stick it around the outside.

The following corner where I try and stay around the outside, is on me and I take the blame for that, but as soon as I was on the grass, I was going nowhere but into the side of you.

@Ross McGregor

This is what I mean. - First you stick your nose in to punt off the lambo, and I've got nowhere to really go but off the track, then as I try and creep back on you're not letting me. Which I find unecessary. After that I guess I just got a bit uptight and tried to stick it around the outside.

The following corner where I try and stay around the outside, is on me and I take the blame for that, but as soon as I was on the grass, I was going nowhere but into the side of you.

Incorrect- i was well up the inside of the Lambo so no reason to cede track position, especially as you two had just had a little incident of your own and had lost momentum. As for not letting you back on, i'd just saved the car from spinning out so yeah i maybe wasn't 100% sure where you were. It worked out though with no damage done.

Second incident- you said it yourself, not my fault.

Video below. I think it's pretty clear what happened so i'm not going to dwell on it any longer.

Incorrect- i was well up the inside of the Lambo so no reason to cede track position, especially as you two had just had a little incident of your own and had lost momentum. As for not letting you back on, i'd just saved the car from spinning out so yeah i maybe wasn't 100% sure where you were. It worked out though with no damage done.

Second incident- you said it yourself, not my fault.

Video below. I think it's pretty clear what happened so i'm not going to dwell on it any longer.

I mean, "excusing" you weren't sure where cars were is pretty thick considering this game actually plants a radar in the middle of your screen dude. Also first justifying your track position by an a touch between the lambo and I, and in the same sentence excusing your behaviour because you just had an incident yourself.. .hmmmm, a bit hypocritical if you ask me, but oh well... That's just my perspective ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dunno what your video enlightens that the clips I posted didn't. But oh well, we're not going to agree on that.

I mean, "excusing" you weren't sure where cars were is pretty thick considering this game actually plants a radar in the middle of your screen dude. Also first justifying your track position by an a touch between the lambo and I, and in the same sentence excusing your behaviour because you just had an incident yourself.. .hmmmm, a bit hypocritical if you ask me, but oh well... That's just my perspective ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dunno what your video enlightens that the clips I posted didn't. But oh well, we're not going to agree on that.

The side by side contact was far less of an issue than the others, wouldn’t you agree? Also I’d rather you didn’t refer to me as ‘thick’ either.

We’re not going to agree on this and I’m ok with that. The general point is more care needs to be taken on lap 1 of a race, and that goes for everyone. Too many ACC races are just crash-fests.

Obviously I am very happy with the result.

First I want to congratulate the organizers for reacting properly to the server issues we had at the start. At the end I believe no one was affected and all could start the race.

I am not a good qualifier and I always setup the car for race conditions. Still I strongly believe that is an area I need to improve as it will always be hard to pass cars at race time.
Had a good race start and was lucky to survive the first chaotic turns and laps of the race. I was able to find a good pace early on the race as I did not have cars ahead to affect it as they were already like 5 to 6 seconds away. I was focused on my own pace trying to save the best of the car for the end, but still was forced to push more than I wanted as had to deal with a remote fight with Floris Wit trying to keep it ~1.4 seconds behind me for a long time. At the second part of the race we started to catch the leaders. I reached Josh Martin, whom seemed was struggling with his tires. On lap 23 we went side by side at T1 but I ran a bit wide from the inside, touching him and taking myself the worst part. I had a moment of desperation as I lost ~8 seconds and one place, but kept my head down and cold and tried to get back to the same pace again with no over-driving. Could pass Wit again and later had a very hard but fair fight with Martin for a couple of turns until was able to make the pass with two laps to go.
Indeed I was lucky because of some retirements and disconnections, but still you have to be there to take the chances.

On a side note. Have to say I was expecting more civilized behavior on the qualify session. I believe we are racing against smart people, so if you see someone making a gap to the cars in front, you should try to do your own space too in order to ensure a couple of fast laps with no impediments. But it seems that people see an opportunity to pass you and take that gap for their own. I understand this is a Championship Series and not a Club Race, so it should be taken more seriously. If am wrong on this please let me know so I can adapt.

At the end I think we are all here to have fun. But still I believe there should be rules and etiquette to be followed.

Last edited:
I qualified in 22nd I think, not bad out of 40+ cars on RD I think.
Was well chuffed
Then I was sitting on the grid, thinking about the 1st corner and my power supply slipped, knocking my Fanatec power plug out of it's socket...
CSW turned off.... panic set in... powered back on crossing everything that it would be recognised by ACC... well, partially it was, yes.
I had vibrations and turning ability but no LEDs or FFB...
What a massive immersion killer, not to mention not being able to feel the road or what the car was doing.
I tried my best for quite a few laps, no incidents, then I lost it on the kerbs and messed up a few drivers behind me...
I'M SO SORRY to all, I should have advised my problems on TS and probably just pulled out of the race...
I tried to carry on, in vain now as damaged, went back to the pits for repairs and had issues selecting the right options, it would seem that once the wheel base had switched off, the settings for my rim had reset...
I went in to change the settings back, and then my controls were locked for 40 seconds... guess that must have been a penalty or something?
Anyway, by this time I was now a lap down, without FFB and feeling a little more than disheartened...

Baby monitor went off, our 1.5 year old daughter woke up, wife needed help so that kinda put the end to my night of racing...

All in all it was awesome being a part of this beta test and I am looking forward to next time, although the 18th is looking bad for me due to our broadband system software update being carried out by our ISP during the event...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes