RD GT Championship 2020 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bram Hengeveld

Really? RD did most if not all GT Champs on a weekend, has just launched a poll showing most of the members prefer to race over the weekend, weekend is the only time for the lucky members that have a regular job outside of GMT friendly timezones and still the long waited season goes off on a different direction as a début for the newly launched platform.

I love the community at RD and I consider it the best place to be, but...

Hey Riccardo,

I think you're taking this personally buddy, as Bram has pointed out this is a test season so it doesn't come with all the bells and whistles. Appreciate that you wish to take part, but whenever we do a league or other events we always get the odd person here and there who says they cannot take part. For instance, as this is on a work evening I cannot take part, I only race on Friday and Sunday's. I can't sleep after an intense race!

With the SRO underway it's just not feasible to run both at the weekends, for this reason I have moved the club events which I host to a Friday evening. Remember, this league is all about testing the new platform, please understand this. When all is good and there is capacity to do so we will do a weekend league, promise.

Cheers
Paul

Last edited:
Absences will not be allowed so make sure when you sign up that you can be present at all the races. Drivers who fail to commit to the series will have their premium membership revoked. No excuses, no exceptions.

This is amazingly awful to even consider, especially with the addition of that "no excuses, no exceptions" bit. Life can always happen and nobody knows what lies ahead.

How can i join the championship, can't seem to find any "join" or "register" button anywhere on the RD GT Championship (Season 8)-page...

How can i join the championship, can't seem to find any "join" or "register" button anywhere on the RD GT Championship (Season 8)-page...
Click on the registration tab and select a car. If you can't select any (this happened to me), you haven't confirmed your simracing.gp registration yet. You can do that with the link in the invitation email below the red 'sign up' button.

This is amazingly awful to even consider, especially with the addition of that "no excuses, no exceptions" bit. Life can always happen and nobody knows what lies ahead.

For every league I've done on RD this rule applies.

I've lost count of the number of other leagues I've done where over half of the grid has gone by round three for example.

So RD always do this as a way of trying to maintain a full grid for the full series. Which is fair enough, I don't think they mean it in a nasty way, they just don't want 80% of the field to be gone after a few races.

In my experience if something happened that was an emergency for example that would be ok.

But I do remember people dropping out of races because "the phone rang", "I wanted to watch a football match" or "my dog needed walking" and those people were effectively banned from the rest of the series.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong I'm just saying what @Bram Hengeveld and the team are trying to control here :)

Then make it a part of your life if you're serious about the platform & sim racing. If not, then it's not for you. And there are plenty of racing servers out there with lesser rules.

Then make it a part of your life if you're serious about the platform & sim racing. If not, then it's not for you. And there are plenty of racing servers out there with lesser rules.

You can feel free to participate in a virtual league that threatens to take away something you paid actual money for. Doesn't mean you take simracing serious, just means you like being threatened by the race organizers.

So RD always do this as a way of trying to maintain a full grid for the full series. Which is fair enough, I don't think they mean it in a nasty way, they just don't want 80% of the field to be gone after a few races.

This is an incredibly nasty practice. I'd understand this is only the entry to the race was paid, sure. Keep my money and kick me out.

However, cancelling and keeping the money from a basically unrelated service? That's awful and should not be condoned.

But in the end, people are free to join this under the constant threat of their paid membership on a site being revoked because of not being able to make a race. No exceptions, no excuses, after all.

You can feel free to participate in a virtual league that threatens to take away something you paid actual money for. Doesn't mean you take simracing serious, just means you like being threatened by the race organizers.

This is an incredibly nasty practice. I'd understand this is only the entry to the race was paid, sure. Keep my money and kick me out.

However, cancelling and keeping the money from a basically unrelated service? That's awful and should not be condoned.

But in the end, people are free to join this under the constant threat of their paid membership on a site being revoked because of not being able to make a race. No exceptions, no excuses, after all.

You're not even a paid member, so relax your virtue signalling.

We'll see what you think after you miss one race because your fiance's giving birth on the race day and RD takes your premium away because of it ;)

We'll see what you think after you miss one race because your fiance's giving birth on the race day and RD takes your premium away because of it ;)

I'll play along with the freemium crowd.

What if the world is ending and the Avengers need me to help them save the world. Will I still lose my premium account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back