RD GT Championship 2020 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualified 6th, lap 1 was a bit crazy with guys not using their heads, picked off everyone ahead and built up a lead of nearly 30s before I got disco’d. Really disappointing. Tyres felt great throughout. Finished the race offline as a symbolic gesture!

Ye to bad Ross, once again you was fast as f... :) Myself got take out 2 times nothing I could do. Spun 1080 degrees I think 1 time rofl :p Damaged car so 2.00.5 isch laptimes best I could do. Had one hell of a race though with lots of action due to climbing back from 30th or sumtin to 8th ! :p

hehe 1:16 on the highlights....the porsche that got caught up in that fight was my poor old self :p Fek all I could do

Was on middle of track after that pointing wrong way being a pinpall, at least thats how it felt !

Last edited:
Thanks for the race chaps. Really struggled with the Porsche today. Went from oversteering by just breathing to understeering on every corner. I was running over 3 seconds a lap down on my usual pace. So apologies if I was getting in the way on occasion. It was taking most of my concentration staying on my track so there might of been times I was holding faster cars up.
I'm new to simracing so its maybe part and parcel of it, however i was finding some of the folks on team speak getting far too worked up at times. I do this for fun rather than add to the stress of my day so I think I'll mute teamspeak after briefings, even though the majority of folks were good craic.

Overall thought the gui worked well. Server performance not withstanding. Will be great to be able to launch direct from simracing.gp soon.
Is there anyway I can change my car for the series? I originally thought we were being encouraged to mix cars up per round (I hate this 2018 Porsche :geek:)?

Small (bug) note. As you can see the results are up but they aren't listed correctly. Another good catch after testing, so that will be corrected hopefully today.

Thanks all for joining yesterday

I think it was Reed. Sure you have not many experience, but please, it was incredible you ruined my last try, normally the best, in qualification. You come out of boxes and block absolutely in Maggotts :mad:

First turn and someone did a divebomb to Gill that lost control and go over my car. Amazing way to start the race, from P10 to P29 in 200 meters.

Sorry to some driver who hit his car in some of my overtakes. It's very difficult when you have cars on the grid with 3-5 seconds off the pace with leaders, but anyway this is a beta testing.

Good to see results in Simracing.GP, but I don't understand why I'm 12th in standings when yesterday in the race I was 16th. Maybe some bug?

Guys an important request and PLEASE respect this part of our rules. You must race with your real name on any of our events. I see people on the result list that i don't recognize from the race yesterday.

Please fix your profiles for the next race at Suzuka.

I think it was Reed. Sure you have not many experience, but please, it was incredible you ruined my last try, normally the best, in qualification. You come out of boxes and block absolutely in Maggotts :mad:

First turn and someone did a divebomb to Gill that lost control and go over my car. Amazing way to start the race, from P10 to P29 in 200 meters.

Sorry to some driver who hit his car in some of my overtakes. It's very difficult when you have cars on the grid with 3-5 seconds off the pace with leaders, but anyway this is a beta testing.

Good to see results in Simracing.GP, but I don't understand why I'm 12th in standings when yesterday in the race I was 16th. Maybe some bug?
Was that in quali?I was speaking more about the race.
Sorry for that, didn't realise. I'll try to be more observant next time. Being new to this I find it can be a bit overwhelming with all the inputs coming at you - who's on hotlaps, etc.

Last edited:
First of all I want to congratulate the organization for the event and for solving the initial ping problem.
As regards the simracing.gp platform, I find it really well done with all the results divided by session that I really like.
Of the race I can say that with a little luck I managed to avoid some initial accident and because of some disconnection I finished 5th, which would never have happened because they had another race pace ahead. thank you all and see you next time !!

Guys an important request and PLEASE respect this part of our rules. You must race with your real name on any of our events. I see people on the result list that i don't recognize from the race yesterday.

Please fix your profiles for the next race at Suzuka.
Ah, I was probably one of those. I did a rushed clean install and in my haste misspelled my own name :roflmao: Sorry about that.

Are people going to be kicked out of the championship or something, I only saw a maximum of 45 people in the server at one point?

Guys, i noticed a copy paste fail in the opening page of the thread copying in a part from a previous template. Rushed, my bad.

In the opening paragraph I've stated that I don't have the time for post-race incident reports and the hours and hours of work that come with it. I can't commit the normal amount of time for this league as you would normally need as we are working around the clock on SGP and RD and that alone takes up all my hours. The part about incident reporting and penalties should not have been in. As a matter of fact I don't even think we should apply league rules to this beta series but just race like gentlemen like we do in the club. If you hit another driver, you wait and give back the position. If that isn't done, you can file a golden rule breach report as always but first try to resolve it between you and the affected driver.

Guys please understand that this is a beta series with the sole purpose of having a large race to test and stress the system like we did yesterday. We are super grateful for having an as large as possible crowd like yesterday nice and it's great bonus if we can top this off with a great race but let's not go into full report mode bringing really minor collisions in as full blown race reports.

We are currently fixing the overall ranking bug and hope to have that sorted asap.

THanks again for joining in high numbers and it was actually very useful to have the high ping bug in the first two sessions, that gave us tons of very valuable data to work so thanks for sticking around until after the re-start. Your precious time was very much appreciated.

Updated opening post here https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rd-gt-championship-beta-on-simracing-gp.184842/

Right.

1st race, fun race and got a good start.

I was only P32 but you've got to start somewhere right.

However I effectively, through no fault of my own ruined someone else's race by getting spun out on the back straight.

Video of the incident below:

In case you aren't sure I'm in the luminous Porsche (So designed to enable me to be seen easily)

This game literally has a built in system to warn people of other cars in close proximity.

I am not sure how or why they pit maneuvered me but there we are.

Car 123 I am so sorry your race was inadvertently destroyed, it was not intentional as I hope you can understand.

Hi Thys,
That McLaren was me. My apologies for nudging you off track which resulted for you in a massive spin. Completely forgot about this incident but i will not leave it unnoticed.

I just downloaded the replay as I recalled that incident from another perspective and now I know why. Just before the straight two cars spun and I could drive through but lost momentum. You probably could catch up very quickly and I was unaware of you already driving on the right side as i was not checking my mirror good enough. I thought to have plenty of room on my right side as i noticed the other cars only and not you storming by.

In this thread I see you guys mention the radar. I noticed the radar also but was not focused on the radar and already too late to notice you were this close. A bit lame excuse; I drive in VR and because of the 3D world my focus was further than the radar was displayed. Happened in an instant from my position.
The second excuse is lack of multiplay experience in this game. This was literally my first multiplay race in ACC. I was off-radar for months/years and am finally back with new gear (unboxed my pedals just two hours before racestart) and intending to stay this time :)

Hopefully you can forgive me for this incident, i will practice more in multiplay as the starting procedure was already a mess for me not knowing what to expect. Further in the race you will see in the replay I was driving nice and fair with great battles with Bram and Albert Oevering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes