RD GT Championship 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a really bad day yesterday. Was feeling sick all day, and had not been able to stay of the toilet for more then 1 hour. Even had doubt not to qualify, so I could start in the back, just in case I had to drop out.
During practice, I started to feel a bit better, so decided to go out during quali. Pushed hard during first 2 runs, but went off in both, so decided to do a bit more relaxed in the 3rd run. Managed to get a lap, and ended on 14th place.

Race started nicely until the 2nd corner (after long straight). I got a tap in the back, but no further harm was done there. A few corners after that, I saw Marco Sbordoni go off in the outside of the corner. Knowing he would come back across the road, I decided to enter the corner on the inside, since it's more easy to go wide, then to correct into the inside of the corner. Marco went off a into the grass on the inside, and got back on without going sideways. It felt as if he came back to the racing line, while I was driving there and gaining on him quickly, which spooked me a bit. I made a small correction, and ended just in the grass with my rear wheel. This caused the slide which took Ricardo out into the wall. Sorry for that.
When the race was over, I looked at the replay, and saw I missed Marco, and Ricardo had no other option then to hit me. I will make a short movie out of it, and leave it up to Remco to decide if there is a penalty, and to whom it will go. If I destroyed the race of Ricardo, I deserve the penalty as well :).
Anyway, a bit demotivated after the second time in three races I had a crash in the first lap, continued the race. I noticed that, although I made quite a smack in the wall, there was no damage which effected the driving of the car. Did play it a bit safe, and after about 20 minutes, I noticed very little tire wear was occcuring. Made some quick calculations, and at that point decided to change strategy, and try to do a no stopper. This was the best choice I made that evening :).

When pitstops came, I made it upto 9th place. I saw Jonatan coming in the mirror, and left him room at T1 to pass me, since I did not want to fight him in eau rouge. He was quicker then I was (he had new tires, and better pace), so it was useless to keep him behind me (fighting him would have cost us both to much time, and I needed the time to stay ahead, and build a gap to those who made a stop). Took a good look at the times and differences, and decided that I could not hold Ken back, but had to do my best to keep Janos behind me. Tires were becomming worse, so really had to concentrate.

Last lap (or the one before), I got lapped by Chris. When he passed me, I was paying attention to the wrong parts of the game, and missed my braking point :(. Just went off track, and this gave Janos the possibility to pass me, and set me back to 11th place. To bad, since I really feel I could have hold the 10th position.

All in all, I did what I came to do again, and thats finish it. I was really scared of 65 min Spa, since it's one of those tracks where, IF you go off, mostly ity is game over :).

One side note.
I really would like to mention that organizing a league like this, is a real big job! I am glad to be able to do so, but I do feel kinda disapointed in the number of no-shows today. Only 16 people present in second division.
Please people , try to realize what kind of effort this takes, and please take the curtisy to at least give notice when you are not being able to race! I do not think thats to much to ask now is it?

but I do feel kinda disapointed in the number of no-shows today. Only 16 people present in second division. Please people , try to realize what kind of effort this takes, and please take the curtisy to at least give notice when you are not being able to race! I do not think thats to much to ask now is it?

you have our full support on that one! it's a pity especially how much the field thins out in the back of grid2, there's hardly anyone left to play against, yesterday the pit strategies made up some of that, but what about next event?

that guy was me.
For a mistake I ended with 2 wheels on the grass. I did not be able to make it pass Marco because I do not had the time of to see where was. In the same lap, i think, i did another mistake...and this time i had time to make Marco pass me.
Anyway if i will have a penalty no problem...

Bijl noted later that you did not hit him and that he spun on his own, however it looked different from my POV during the race...
Well this is up to Remco what he does about it. I can live without a penalty for both of you guys ;)
Got a bit angry yesterday as it was the third time I screwed up in this tournament :(

Couldn't avoid Bijl at all as I saw too late that he wasn't able to recover the car... It looked like he got control again but then suddenly I saw him going all the way to the left where I was, did all I could to avoid him but it was impossible...
Rejoined the track with Bijl being in a minute lead over me and Butcher in the lead being just 25s behind me..
Theo also had an accident which caused him to pit and giving me back a place. 15s gap lost in 3 laps due to wrong tyres and pitted again. Race wasted, rejoined behind P13, spun and Bijl also lapped me.. Demotivated as hell decided not to steer anymore :S

Hoping for at least a finish in round 4 which is my own final race! Absence for round 5 already reported ;)

Div 1

Really disappointed :( connection was a bit dodgy but it was ok at qualifying, then the race comes and im laggin so bad.
I let everyone past and go to the back on the formation but its not getting better, really strange effect...
No matter how slow i went, the distance to the cars that were in front of me did not change. A car then lags into me pushing me off the track and into the wall.

Was really looking forward to this, love spa.

Round 3 Absences

Div 1
  • Tobias Olsson - Not reported absence, first and final warning
  • Emil Sällberg - Not reported absence, first and final warning
Div 2
  • Tommi Ojala - Not reported absence, removed from the league.
  • Velmu Rantala - Missed 3 races with one not reported absence, removed from the league

Round 3 Incidents

Div 1
  • Formation lap and first round
    • Jadran Dimic - 30 sec penalty for overtaking during formation lap without ceeding position.
    • David Gronvälls - 15 Sec penalty bumping Jan Wikström (1st lap)
    • Tommi Tanskanen - 1 min penalty for round 4, taken out Andreas Hultgren (1st lap)
    • Karoly Kajdy - 1 min penalty for round 4 - Unsafe rejoin after losing control (1st lap)
  • Incident reports:
    • Erling Bøhmer vs Helder Filipe - 15 sec penalty for HF, bumping EH on the grass and took advantage in speed to overtake.
    • Kimmo Kokkonen vs Ludovic Cogotti -30 sec penalty for LC, overtaking KK during his hotlap in Q which cost KK the lap.
Div 2
  • Formation lap and first round
    • Marco Bijl vs Marco Sbordoni vs Ricardo Umans - Racing incident, unlucky moments.(Video seen by several staff.)
    • Ken Hunter - 30 sec penalty, Contact at start of formation lap.
    • Ricardo Umans - Unnecessary contact with Marco Bijl (Straigth after Eau Rouge)- Warning
  • No Incident reports

Qualified: 5th Result: DNF with 6 minutes to go.
Arghhhhhh! silly mistake cost me a finish, possibly top 5, made an error on first lap, dropped down to 11th, worked my way up to 5th again, found myself in 2nd at one stage with everyone pitting, had a decent battle with Ken Hunter for a few laps, gutted not to have finished though.

Back for some more next week.:)

Div 1

Really disappointed :( connection was a bit dodgy but it was ok at qualifying, then the race comes and im laggin so bad.
I let everyone past and go to the back on the formation but its not getting better, really strange effect...
No matter how slow i went, the distance to the cars that were in front of me did not change. A car then lags into me pushing me off the track and into the wall.

Was really looking forward to this, love spa.

That might have been me. You were lagging like crazy and I tryed to stay as far away from you as possible but still wanted to pass of course. But you went from side to side by the looks of it and then all of a sudden you went strait off at Stavelot. From my point of view (and looking at my replay) I wasn't close enough to touch but there was a dust of smoke right before - wierd. I am sorry if that was me but I couldn't do anything.

Bijl noted later that you did not hit him and that he spun on his own, however it looked different from my POV during the race...
Well this is up to Remco what he does about it. I can live without a penalty for both of you guys ;)
Got a bit angry yesterday as it was the third time I screwed up in this tournament :(

Couldn't avoid Bijl at all as I saw too late that he wasn't able to recover the car... It looked like he got control again but then suddenly I saw him going all the way to the left where I was, did all I could to avoid him but it was impossible...
It's not strange that it seemed as if we had contact :) Watched the video to see how little space there was between us. It's really about an inch or something ;)

Div 1
Then someone thought he had an F1 car with carbon brakes because he missed his mark with a country mile. I got rear ended harder then Jenna Jameson.

I´m very sorry about that! I was looking for the first cornermark(250m?) but it was the second sign. Then it was too late...stupid mistake. Ruined your race. I was little bit confused because I was in Q 14th place but in formation lap Dimic passed me in the start...he was 15th in Q??!!!? In that moment I wasn´t sure my Q position but( I checked it afterward). Didn´t dare to pass him because I wasn´t sure..and he drove like he own the 14th place.
Sorry again Andreas.

Division 1

Quali : 7th with a bad time in bad condition but that's the same thing for all.

Race : In the first lap I totally lost my braking point in "Les Combes" but I managed to cut in the grass for returning in the track safely with only loosing one position. These mistake certainly save my race because Sauli which pass me break his car into Karoly in the same lap.
After this, I managed to return at the contact of Remco and Jan. I passed Remco due to a mistake in the raidillon but I was blocked by Jan. Benjamin who has made a mistake earlier return very quickly at our contact and after a little mistake I decided to use his speed for attack the top 3.
At the mid of the race, I see that Remco, Jan and Felipe has a one stop strategy and know that my non-stop strategy will pay to the end.
I followed Benjamin till the end and managed my car for economised my tyres.

Result : 3rd with my first podium of the season. A podium reached due to my strategy but that's the race.

Thanks to all and particularly to Remco and Marco.

I´m very sorry about that! I was looking for the first cornermark(250m?) but it was the second sign. Then it was too late...stupid mistake. Ruined your race. I was little bit confused because I was in Q 14th place but in formation lap Dimic passed me in the start...he was 15th in Q??!!!? In that moment I wasn´t sure my Q position but( I checked it afterward). Didn´t dare to pass him because I wasn´t sure..and he drove like he own the 14th place.
Sorry again Andreas.
Thanks for the apology :)

Sorry again Andreas.

Tommi you're right but I was confused at the start because in formation lap I followed the car in front of me, on replay I saw you're a little late at the start and wanted to overtake me (I was confused). I was thinking that you are behind me.

BIG SORRY ,MY MISTAKE!!

Sorry once again because I ruin your race

Copy from League Regulations 2011/12

"To make sure everyone has a fair chance of the start every driver must make sure that is he close behind the car in front of him during the formation lap, though still leaving enough room to anticipate on unexpected manoeuvres.
Drivers that spin or go entirely off-track during the formation lap must wait for the field to pass and move to the back end of the line"

Hi

DIV 2

I know I should have asked this before but the question just came up in my mind as I read the regulations for this again.

Looking at my replay of the last round at Spa, I end up far behind Sbordoni on the formationlap, giving the 2 guys behind a seemingly bad chance at the start. I know that we said, after I think it was the first round, noone is allowed to exceed 60 mph/100 kph, but what should I do in that situation?

Should I speed up so that I can catch up or should I stay at 100 kph?

We were just behind them after braving the last chicane at 90 kph, usually did it at about 70, so it wasn't that bad, but I want to ,make sure exactly what your view of it is.

What the regulation says:

"To make sure everyone has a fair chance of the start every driver must make sure that is he close behind the car in front of him during the formation lap, though still leaving enough room to anticipate on unexpected manoeuvres.
Drivers that spin or go entirely off-track during the formation lap must wait for the field to pass and move to the back end of the line"

The leader needs to remain a speed of max 100 kph, the rest follows. If you need to go above the 100 kph to remain your connection in the formation then that is fine. While doing this make sure you do it gradually, with not too much speed above the 100 kph so the rest behind you can follow without any problems.

Eventually it is up to the leader to keep the formation in one line, if the leader comes out of a corner with 50 kph and goes as quick as possible to the 100 kph, then the gaps will be created. The leader needs to do this also gradually so everybody can stay in the formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 126 70.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 23.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 19.1%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 36 20.2%