Status
Not open for further replies.
I am ready to stream.

giphy.gif

I'm deeply sorry, but I just felt I drove a ******** (it's asterisks instead of the word) split race right now. Some of you guys SERIOUSLY NEED to review your racing awareness.

Unbelievable, this was club racing levels of racing.

I'm deeply sorry, but I just felt I drove a ******** (it's asterisks instead of the word) split race right now. Some of you guys SERIOUSLY NEED to review your racing awareness.

Unbelievable, this was club racing levels of racing.
Agreed, I don't like to comment without first seeing a replay, but I slowed down to avoid a crash ahead of me, spent the rest of the straight being rear ended until I was spun out it seemed.

I have replays turned off for performance reasons. Can I please ask someone to upload a replay if possible.

apologies all round for the crash at the start of the race. i can't decide if it was my fault or just a racing accident. either way sorry to any races ruined . andrew harper and krystoffs(?) i believe caught up in it. my car was screwed after it . damn it !!

I think I was clean - feel free to point out if I was not... however I missed the memo on fuel saving and do not have a race timer in VR - hence running out of fuel before the end - only cost me 3 places anyway

Excellent fight for 1st the first half of the race, ty for that! Sorry to Matt for my late braking in to that right hairpin. Shame i got steering damage in my battle with Charles, but theese things can happen. Great race :)

Last edited:
Well what can I say? Qualifying went okay, bit annoyed with myself as I felt 5th wasn't as representative as my pace, lost a few tenths here or there, did my usual warm up to the grid, only to forget to change back to 1st gear after arriving at my spot.

Bogged down hugely, apologies to everyone behind. But then it was a recovery drive for me. Every lap was like a qualy lap for me, no laps to save fuel or tyres. Made it back to 8th or so before my stop and luckily had jumped 3 places during it to make it up to 5th. A really nice battle at the end with Matt, and 4th place it was. Can't believe it really, it was one of those sinking feelings that you just hate, as being P19 at one point, to finish 4th was hugely satisfying.

I think I was clean - feel free to point out if I was not... however I missed the memo on fuel saving and do not have a race timer in VR - hence running out of fuel before the end - only cost me 3 places anyway
You could use the default info screen at the bottom right corner, one page shows time remaining, leader, laps, etc...
I've tried to use plugins also but they don't appear in VR. I can only change the standard HUD to a different one.

Terrible driving. People go wide, spun, and change their lines like there was no other car around, dive bombs in front of me leaving a virtually parked car on the middle of the road. Honestly, I have experienced way more competitive and professional driving quality on the club and social events here in RD. This is a disaster.

You could use the default info screen at the bottom right corner, one page shows time remaining, leader, laps, etc...
I've tried to use plugins also but they don't appear in VR. I can only change the standard HUD to a different one.

Great idea! Thanks... I’m still getting used to timed races, i usually have that set to tyres but will assign a convenient button to cycle

apologies all round for the crash at the start of the race. i can't decide if it was my fault or just a racing accident. either way sorry to any races ruined . andrew harper and krystoffs(?) i believe caught up in it. my car was screwed after it . damn it !!

To be honest my friend it was like BTCC at the first few corners and we just got caught up in it.

Someone did a 360 right in front of me and I tried to steer round them and spun myself. I was unlucky in that the nose of the car got "stuck" in a piece of graphics mesh on the guardrail so I couldn't free myself! lol

So I floored it in 1st and then back to reverse and I moved finally but by that point I lost so much time I did think about quitting. Tyres were a mess and steering was bent.

I had damage repair on but the pit crew only left me with half a front wing so I was struggling for the rest of the race and promptly destroyed my front tyres in the process. With 8 minutes to go I decided I'd just had enough, sorry :(

I have raced the DW12 on the next track so I know it. Should be a good match for this car I think.

Well done to the main RiP cars on a good result for the team :thumbsup:

Last edited:
rdgpc-logo-v1-png.178463

Race Details

General Rules

Season 7 of the RDGPC will operate in accordance with the 2018 RD League Regulations unless specifically outlined as otherwise.

The Track

10a6e0e92d.jpg

Session Info
  • Official Practice: 19.00 GMT (20 Minutes)
  • Qualifying: 19.20 GMT (25 Minutes)
  • Warm Up: 19.45 GMT (5 Minutes)
  • Race Start: 19.50 GMT (45 Minutes)
Drivers
  1. Joseph Wright#2
  2. Dan Long#3
  3. Tom Watts#4
  4. Lorenzo Bonder#5
  5. TobiasR#6
  6. Christian Moreau#8
  7. Daniel.13#10
  8. BrianB#11