RD Formula Pro Series S4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After all the discussions, I decided to keep everyone better informed on what we are planning for the future. As it stands now, we are already thinking about some changes.

1. Shorter seasons to keep everyone focused. 9 races is too long IMO. It is hard to stay motivated and focused that goes for drivers and the staff (I am tired:)). Most likely we will go back to 7 events from now on. At the end of a Championship people should want more races instead of being glad it is over.

2. Take another look at the points distribution.

3. For the last time, we will use RACE Mak-Corp mod for season 4 (Sept~December 2010). Tracks and dates are still undecided. Several factors will influence that choice: 2010 RL F1 tracks, track is legal, track has not be run in season 3, etc.

4. I will not run season 4!!! As some of you already know, I am taking a 4months sabbatical from real work and RD work. I will be traveling with my family and friends throughout Europe (France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Netherlands are on the schedule for now). Dave, Ivo, Ryan and Will will run the league! I have full confidence it will be well done!!

5. We WILL switch to rFactor(2) in 2011. No mods or details have been decided, but we will also try to form some kind of partnership with FSR.

6. We are considering charging a small entry fee, but it is still completely undecided. The money would be used for the broadcast, servers, etc.. We will use it to make the league better. As of now, me and a few other people cover all the expenses. That money will not be used to buy prizes!!!

That's all I have for now... We will keep u updated when more info comes along!

I would like to thank Ivo for this awesome season 4 of FPWS and I am sorry for the problems with my drivers.

I belive to have a chans of racing at the final round if my teammates at RDLMS will not face any particilar problems. Good Luck to all and have fun on the last round. :D

to be honest i think that i haven't many chance, but i will try to give my best!!! :D

did only few laps of training, yesterday and today, and didn't found a setup that suit me well, so it will be hard tonight for me!!!! so gl to everyone!! ;)

(probably will put up my new "Mario Kart style" upgrade.....maybe with some banana's, oil and rockets i can win XD)

Had a good start, save and without problems.
During the first stint i crashed the car coming out of 1 of the corners. suddenly there was no or liitle grip, mannaged to get back to the pits but the car was bady dammaged and after the repairs i found out that the car was wanting to travel to the outside wall during my pit exit.
It was a impossible to bring the car home.

I wanna thank all the people who made this season possible, did a few races and all i can say the level is high and everybody is fair and friendly.

Also a big thank you to Ivo for once again setting up a great league.

well.... season finale and everything was looking great.
but the rfactor proved (again) why i don like it...

Qualified in 8'th spot.
The start lap was a bit mess, and the cars in front where battling hard, and in some corners it was a bit messy.
I think bumped Mattia some in one corner when they braked early in front , and one car was high in the air, but i think it went well.... sry m8

On lap 15 i went for my scheduled pit stop and pressed the wrong button at pit entrance, and got a stop and go for speeding. Went back to take my punishment but no.... it still was on. Went back again to try once more.... but no..... DQ
Race over.... so frustrating

Thanks RD and Ivo for organizing the season, great mod, great tracks, great racers.... (but i dont like rfactor)
Grats to the winners and championship winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes